PDA

View Full Version : NPR sneers at Ron Paul getting 11% in NH Straw Poll

deronde
01-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Meanwhile, as has been widely reported, Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, won a GOP presidential candidate straw poll over the weekend among New Hampshire Republicans that has been declared to be basically meaningless by savvy political observers.

Romney was, after all, governor of the state next door which could explain why he was first with 35 percent of the vote. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) was second with 11 percent, a solid indicator that the straw poll probably is an outlier.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2011/01/24/133185763/first-gop-presidential-debate-in-may-may-lack-huckabee

11% = solid outlier?? Ron Paul got 8.4% in the New Hampshire 2008 GOP Primary!

The smears have begun! And it's time for us to spring back into setting the facts straight by e-mailing misinformed article authors and leaving comments! It's good to be back in the swing of things :)

dannno
01-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Sure, why not.

muzzled dogg
01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
damn they were just praising rp on that "what is money" show

jmdrake
01-24-2011, 07:53 PM
In 2007 I remember Juan Williams saying on NPR "The remarkable thing is that there are no antiwar republicans running". That's why I didn't shed a tear for Juan getting fired for his muslim comment. (That and the comment was incredibly stupid. When was the last time a terrorist tried to get on an American plane wearing "muslim garb"? Hello?)

Deborah K
01-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Okay but please don't use the scorched earth policy people! I beg you! It backfired last time. It hurts Ron and it gets us no where.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-24-2011, 09:02 PM
if i remember correct NPR did not show much love for Ron in 2008

sailingaway
01-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah I saw that. Insecure about their public funding, I suppose...

sailingaway
01-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Okay but please don't use the scorched earth policy people! I beg you! It backfired last time. It hurts Ron and it gets us no where.

I agree. I didn't comment. But I thought plenty.

Tinnuhana
01-24-2011, 11:46 PM
On the other hand, they didn't even mention Palin, only Gingrich, Pawlenty and some other guy,

BuddyRey
01-25-2011, 04:13 AM
I listen to NPR every day (not by choice...my dad loves it) and I'm continually thunderstruck by how biased it is toward liberals and conservatives and against anyone who believes that social problems can be solved most morally and efficaciously by human beings in a free society. There's a lot of interesting programming on public radio, and some of it's enjoyable, but the moment they start talking politics, it becomes obvious they have no idea what the issues of the day really are, let alone the many different ways they could be addressed.