PDA

View Full Version : GOP Lawmakers Planning Meeting To Explore Alternatives In Afghan War

sailingaway
01-24-2011, 06:32 PM
WASHINGTON -- Three Republican lawmakers who have been outspoken on the war in Afghanistan are trying to push their party to start debating alternative policies and will be convening a meeting next month to start the debate.

Reps. Walter Jones (N.C.), Ron Paul (Texas) and Jimmy Duncan (Tenn.) sent a letter to every Republican House member on Monday inviting them them to a Feb. 16 briefing with Council on Foreign Relations President Richard Haass, retired Maj. Gen. John Batiste and Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist -- all of whom have been critical of the direction of the war.

More at link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/24/afghanistan-republican-alternatives-meeting_n_813281.html

Brett85
01-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I hope more than those 3 Republicans show up.

sailingaway
01-24-2011, 10:19 PM
I hope more than those 3 Republicans show up.

They and the tea party caucus could share space.

Just kidding. I truly hope both endeavers go big, but particularly this one since it is aimed at a specific goal.

UtahApocalypse
01-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Why is Ron Paul setting up a meeting with the CFR? this kinda scares me

sailingaway
01-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Why is Ron Paul setting up a meeting with the CFR? this kinda scares me

Because if one view isn't at the table it can't be refuted? Or maybe they are now on board as a strategic retreat, to a point. Or someone else could have invited him.

I'll wait for Ron to give me some concrete reason not to trust him, after 22 years of being trustworthy.