PDA

View Full Version : Who at the debate noticed the paid Rudy supporters and booers?

netmasta10bt
10-22-2007, 09:20 AM
I was at the debate. When I first walked in there were professional paid for Rudy supporters all dressed and seems like they had all their little chants and things to sing and yell.

I went outside right before the debate and a few of the staged normal or 'grass-root's style' supporters (not dressed in suits) were leaving (probably just got paid) and some lady with VIP credentials told them "good job tonight girls!" as they left.

Also all the booing for Ron Paul's questions were located in the back left of the auditorium, which was probably all these paid for people. They were sitting all together, and all booed on cue, and LOUD, this was a definite concerted effort.

Then I love how in the questions of Ron Paul post-debate talking about how he was booed by the entire audience. But it was only these 20 paid for people that I saw earlier...

Did anyone else notice this?

njandrewg
10-22-2007, 09:22 AM
thats always happens, remember the first debate when he said Blowback and everyone booed?

Anyone with brains watching the debates...asks himself...hrm these guys are booing that 75% of the country is against the war?

DaronWestbrooke
10-22-2007, 09:24 AM
If you were at the debate, I want to confirm something. When you entered, were you asked who you supported? I've read that others were asked and if they said they supported Paul, they were turned away.

runderwo
Who cares what the loaded audience did.

The point is that the poll tells a quite different story.

No matter how much Hannity wants to claim his own poll is flawed (because Ron Paul won)

American
Next time we need to pretend to be Rudy supporters so we get beter seating, then we can boo his ass.

This is predictable whats going to happen, surely this resourcful group can out smart these neo conned assholes.

centure7
10-22-2007, 09:25 AM
You have it the wrong way around. Like Paul said post-debate, the tickets went to the elite candidates while Ron Paul hardly got any seats. BTW this was already discussed extensively and there was a poll. The booing was rude but considering the strong #1 vote for Paul the coverage wasn't entirely bad... a lot of it was good. In fact overall I'd say the debate went well and should draw up more support for Paul from the undecided group.

netmasta10bt
10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
When you entered, were you asked who you supported? I've read that others were asked and if they said they supported Paul, they were turned away.

I was not asked, nor did I see anyone asked. We all had their huge ambassodor tags around our necks. Could sit wherever we wanted it seemed.

FSP-Rebel
10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
I was at the debate. When I first walked in there were professional paid for Rudy supporters all dressed and seems like they had all their little chants and things to sing and yell.

I went outside right before the debate and a few of the staged normal or 'grass-root's style' supporters (not dressed in suits) were leaving (probably just got paid) and some lady with VIP credentials told them "good job tonight girls!" as they left.

Also all the booing for Ron Paul's questions were located in the back left of the auditorium, which was probably all these paid for people. They were sitting all together, and all booed on cue, and LOUD, this was a definite concerted effort.

Then I love how in the questions of Ron Paul post-debate talking about how he was booed by the entire audience. But it was only these 20 paid for people that I saw earlier...

Did anyone else notice this?
Plus, Fox probably had extra mics in the back to amplify these idiots' sentiments. The way I see it is: we were consistently applauded by about ~20% of the audience--not bad for a Fox crowd and ya don't need much more to win a primary. Moreso, I think the Rudys still have a hard-on for us over Mackinac. But, they just purchased some serious blowback considering they stepped the antics up on national tv.

Drknows
10-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Next time get this on tape and youtube it. :D

Ron Paul Fan
10-22-2007, 09:29 AM
I wasn't at the debate, but it was obvious that there were people there who were paid to boo. They probably had their tickets paid for by the neo-cons. 70% of the American people are against the war. 34% of the people watching the debate said Ron Paul won! The whole night was a setup from the "focus group" to the crowd to Hannity. Paul was able to get off how republicans are basically democrats now in the areas of foreign policy and spending so it was a success no matter what some in the crowd thought! They're just scared is all! Rudy brings up Ron Paul more often now doesn't he?

DaronWestbrooke
10-22-2007, 09:32 AM
I was not asked, nor did I see anyone asked. We all had their huge ambassodor tags around our necks. Could sit wherever we wanted it seemed.

thanks, wanted to get past the static and conspiracies.

ronpaulfan
10-22-2007, 09:34 AM
At the end of the debate, Fox news reporter Wendell Goler said:
“Congressman Paul…..you have drawn some of the strongest reactions of any person on the stage, both pro and con”

Now I don’t know what Wendell was hearing, but, the audience reaction I heard for Dr. Paul, though positive overall, didn't seem very loud. Therefore, Wendell saying Dr. Paul had some of the strongest “pro” reactions of anyone on stage sounded very strange to me. But when I thought about it, after all of Dr. Paul’s responses I remembered hearing many cheers and whistles in the applause. This was even stranger because, despite heavy cheering and whistling, I couldn’t remember it being loud. In fact, it sounded very muted and no louder than claps following drab responses from other candidates, almost as if the sound was turned down. Fortunately, I have a Tivo and looked back over every response Dr. Paul made. Here is what I found:

1. Ron Paul’s first answer was regarding gay marriage and was very good and logical. The claps sounded strong yet muffled. This doesn’t prove much but keep reading.

2. Ron Paul’s next answer was regarding managed care and was an amazing answer. The clapping was filled with whistles and cheers yet still sounded muffled.

3. Ron Paul’s next response received strong boos when he said 70% of Americans want the troops home. Now who the hell boos someone during a televised debate in the middle of a response? (Rudy gets booed after responses when his face is shown :D)

4. Ron Paul’s next response about social security was again amazing. It was again followed by strong cheers, whistles and applause that sounded muffled. Yet when McCain said something slightly humorous moments later, you can loudly hear chuckles in the audience. Also the polite claps at the end of his boring response were somehow at the same audible level as the whistle & cheer-filled applause for Ron Paul!

5. Ron Paul’s next response about non-interventionism was LOUDLY AND RUDELY BOOED when he said,
“All we have to do is start talking to people & trade with people. We don’t need to assume the world is going to blow up.” Now this I feel is 100% proof the audience was purposefully and maliciously filled with people specifically instructed to boo Dr. Paul. The sentence they chose to boo was not a sentence anyone anywhere at anytime would ever boo!!!

6. Then Wendel made his statement which proved Dr. Paul had some of the strongest “pro” reactions in the audience (which they heard but we viewers didn’t because they were muffled!). Dr. Paul then gave the most ridiculously good response of the evening when he talked about conservatism and how neo-con’s adopted Democrat’s positions. This was again followed by strong claps and cheers! Yet strangely enough, when the camera immediately panned out, not a single person in that part of the audience was clapping!

Adamsa
10-22-2007, 09:38 AM
The booing can end up being a good thing, especially when it's analyzed on all these politial shows afterwards.

"They booed him for not wanting to start another cold war?"

jcbraithwaite7
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
I was there and was not asked who I supported before entering. Seating was based on how soon you got in line. there was a VIP section in the front.

I did hear a guy talking about "How smart Romney was to recruit college students and giving them a 20% commission on how much fundraising money they brought in.

Ron Paul Fan
10-22-2007, 09:40 AM
So to those who were there, is my counterpart ronpaulfan right? Were there a lot of cheers for Ron Paul and were they louder than what we heard on tv/youtube?

M.Bellmore
10-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Now that sounds like a good digg article, "Rudy paid people to boo at republican debate"

davidkachel
10-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Seems like it would be pretty easy to get some of these audience actors to admit publicly what they did for just a little more money.

Drknows
10-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey found this video on fark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmvKVVVX1o

i wonder if someone digged it already?

Blowback
10-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I remember when we had a debate on this forum as to whether or not we should boo Guiliani. I believe the consensus was that we shouldn't because it is juvenile and just stupid.

This will blowback right in their faces.

Thurston Howell III
10-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Because, it's a staged television show, just like the shows the moderaters have everyday on their own. It's not even a debate, but a rather large interview, and the moderaters participate, just like on their own respective daily shows.

Debate? I think not. Just another biased "news" entertainment show.

Thankfully it gets Dr Paul exposure, otherwise they'd be completely useless.

Ninja Homer
10-22-2007, 10:08 AM
At the end of the debate, Fox news reporter Wendell Goler said:

Now I don’t know what Wendell was hearing, but, the audience reaction I heard for Dr. Paul, though positive overall, didn't seem very loud. Therefore, Wendell saying Dr. Paul had some of the strongest “pro” reactions of anyone on stage sounded very strange to me. But when I thought about it, after all of Dr. Paul’s responses I remembered hearing many cheers and whistles in the applause. This was even stranger because, despite heavy cheering and whistling, I couldn’t remember it being loud. In fact, it sounded very muted and no louder than claps following drab responses from other candidates, almost as if the sound was turned down. Fortunately, I have a Tivo and looked back over every response Dr. Paul made. Here is what I found:

1. Ron Paul’s first answer was regarding gay marriage and was very good and logical. The claps sounded strong yet muffled. This doesn’t prove much but keep reading.

2. Ron Paul’s next answer was regarding managed care and was an amazing answer. The clapping was filled with whistles and cheers yet still sounded muffled.

3. Ron Paul’s next response received strong boos when he said 70% of Americans want the troops home. Now who the hell boos someone during a televised debate in the middle of a response? (Rudy gets booed after responses when his face is shown :D)

4. Ron Paul’s next response about social security was again amazing. It was again followed by strong cheers, whistles and applause that sounded muffled. Yet when McCain said something slightly humorous moments later, you can loudly hear chuckles in the audience. Also the polite claps at the end of his boring response were somehow at the same audible level as the whistle & cheer-filled applause for Ron Paul!

5. Ron Paul’s next response about non-interventionism was LOUDLY AND RUDELY BOOED when he said, Now this I feel is 100% proof the audience was purposefully and maliciously filled with people specifically instructed to boo Dr. Paul. The sentence they chose to boo was not a sentence anyone anywhere at anytime would ever boo!!!

6. Then Wendel made his statement which proved Dr. Paul had some of the strongest “pro” reactions in the audience (which they heard but we viewers didn’t because they were muffled!). Dr. Paul then gave the most ridiculously good response of the evening when he talked about conservatism and how neo-con’s adopted Democrat’s positions. This was again followed by strong claps and cheers! Yet strangely enough, when the camera immediately panned out, not a single person in that part of the audience was clapping!

Thanks, I agree that much of the cheering for Ron Paul sounded muffled to me.

On your #3, when people booed while Ron Paul was talking, you can actually hear somebody on a mic saying "boo" which cues the crowd to start booing. For those that don't have it tivo'ed, take a look at this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rKzteUs_vto

You hear somebody with a mic (Rudy?) booing at 3:39 and the crowd starts to boo on cue at 3:40.

Also, after that segment, it seemed pretty clear to me that the cheering for Ron Paul was faded out. You can even hear a change in the echo on the mic when Brit Hume starts talking. I'm still looking for an online version of this where the cheering hasn't been edited out so I can listen to it again, but that was my first impression of it.

If anybody can youtube that whole segment, including Brit Hume asking the question before Ron Paul speaks as well as Brit Hume asking the question after Ron Paul speaks, it would be much appreciated.

andrewgreve
10-22-2007, 10:45 AM
I remember when we had a debate on this forum as to whether or not we should boo Guiliani. I believe the consensus was that we shouldn't because it is juvenile and just stupid.

I agree that it's generally guvenile and stupid, but I just want to point out that if anyone does want to boo any of the neocons, please don't show any support for RP when he speaks. You aren't a RP supporter, you're simply a neocon booer.