PDA

View Full Version : The Hill: Ron Paul could make strong showing for Republican Nomination

itshappening
01-24-2011, 01:54 PM
You bet he can !!

Ron Paul takes second place in New Hampshire straw poll
By Brent Budowsky - 01/23/11 06:17 PM ET

As The Hill and other media have reported, in the New Hampshire presidential straw poll Mitt Romney came in first and Ron Paul came in second. What does this suggest?

First, the clear front-runner for the Republican nomination is Romney. By comparison, Sarah Palin for president in 2012 is largely a fiction of cable television with too much time to fill and not enough real news to fill it. The big news on the Republican side is the great advantage now held by Romney.

Second and equally interesting, the strong showing by Ron Paul emphasizes a point I have been making for many months, that Paul could make a powerful showing if he runs for the Republican nomination.

Paul, whose visibility and stature will rise as he assumes a subcommittee chairmanship with jurisdiction over the Federal Reserve Board, has a large contingent of very loyal supporters and significant fundraising capability, and his strengths would play well in a Republican primary or caucus system.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/139567-ron-paul-takes-second-place-in-new-hampshire-straw-poll

Matt Collins
01-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah, was there even a major push by our people to get involved in that straw poll? Or was it largely "organic"?

erowe1
01-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, was there even a major push by our people to get involved in that straw poll? Or was it largely "organic"?

I don't think there was a major push, and I don't think we could have controlled it much even if we tried. It was a poll of the NH Republican State Committee.

tangent4ronpaul
01-24-2011, 02:23 PM

shemdogg did a one person sign wave - there is a pic here somewhere - otherwise, we had no influence on it, beyond those that have won seats in the NH GOP and voted for Ron.

-t

georgiaboy
01-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Hey, Sean Hannity, are you paying attention?

Bern
01-24-2011, 02:39 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pX9R9Y1t2BA/StlFPHmbVwI/AAAAAAAAAF4/-9TLBi6WaPM/s400/waiting.jpg

Maximus
01-24-2011, 02:43 PM
shemdogg did a one person sign wave - there is a pic here somewhere - otherwise, we had no influence on it, beyond those that have won seats in the NH GOP and voted for Ron.

-t

Clearly the sign wave helped our standing in this poll ;)

(just teasing the constant debates on this forum, not trying to side track the thread)

Matt Collins
01-24-2011, 02:52 PM
otherwise, we had no influence on it, beyond those that have won seats in the NH GOP and voted for Ron.
That is indeed very impressive. I think Ron can take 2nd in NH if he plays his cards right.

erowe1
01-24-2011, 03:09 PM
That is indeed very impressive. I think Ron can take 2nd in NH if he plays his cards right.

I agree, and he really needs to. And he also needs to have Romney not win Iowa if he does win NH. If Huckabee wins Iowa, and RP is in the top 3 there, and then Romney wins NH and RP is second there, then that puts him in the hunt right with those two going on from there.

One of the biggest obstacles RP had in 2008 was people who might have considered voting for him but who thought he didn't have a chance so they didn't take him seriously as a candidate. We really need to take that argument away this time.

trey4sports
01-24-2011, 03:31 PM
I think both states are winnable