PDA

View Full Version : DHS Propaganda video. Paying in cash = terrorist activity, failure to spy = unpatriotic

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-24-2011, 04:06 AM
Seriously? Paying in cash is a terrorist activity? Parking your car in front of a hotel is a terrorist activity? Not spying on your countrymen is unpatriotic?.. What a load of BS!

http://economycollapse.blogspot.com/2011/01/dhs-paranoid-propaganda-press-has.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FCRkw+%28The+Econom y++Collapse%29&utm_content=FaceBook

FtL1776
01-24-2011, 05:36 AM
This DHS propaganda video is unsurprisingly not propaganda is clearly directed as a video for workers of the hotel industry.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-24-2011, 06:21 AM
This DHS propaganda video is unsurprisingly not propaganda is clearly directed as a video for workers of the hotel industry.

Not sure I am folliwing you here. Are you saying that industry specific videos produced by the government are incapable of containing propaganda?

silverhandorder
01-24-2011, 06:44 AM
Wow this is simply paranoid stuff. I am talking about DHS of course.

Todd
01-24-2011, 07:44 AM
I know everyone is correct to question the DHS propoganda, but the fact is that a van abandoned at a hotel entrance with no licencse plate or markings is suspicious activitiy.

Would you tell someone not to be suspicious to open a package delivered to them when on the hand written label, your name is spelled wrong, there is no return address, or if there is, the post mark doesn't match the address, and the package has an oily substance on it?

FtL1776
01-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Not sure I am folliwing you here. Are you saying that industry specific videos produced by the government are incapable of containing propaganda?

Now the question is, I watched the video, I never saw any failure to spy=unpatriotic, so from that I would say your post is propaganda and you probably expected no one to challenge you on that.

Also, not wanting to use cash at a hotel, is quite suspicious because I think you would have had to of been in a hole for a couple decades because hotels do not let you in a room without a credit card.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Now the question is, I watched the video, I never saw any failure to spy=unpatriotic, so from that I would say your post is propaganda and you probably expected no one to challenge you on that.

Also, not wanting to use cash at a hotel, is quite suspicious because I think you would have had to of been in a hole for a couple decades because hotels do not let you in a room without a credit card.

That is news to me because I travel to teach at an auction academy every year and I pay cash for the hotel.

As for the failure to spy well I would suggest you watch it again because it is pushing over and over and over to keep an eye on everyone you encounter but thanks for being a dick about it instead of just saying you disagree.

Also, I see you are new here so I will cut you a little slack but I have been here a long time and can tell you from experience that I could post my favorite ice cream flavors and expect to be challenged on it.

specsaregood
01-24-2011, 08:11 AM

Just wondering, does your username stand for "For the Lose, 1776"?

Bern
01-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Straight cash homey = terrorist

FtL1776
01-24-2011, 08:28 AM
That is news to me because I travel to teach at an auction academy every year and I pay cash for the hotel.

As for the failure to spy well I would suggest you watch it again because it is pushing over and over and over to stay keep an eye on everyone but thanks for being a dick about it instead of just saying you disagree.

Yeah your right there are some hotels and I was wrong there, but if you get the whole thing they are possibly trying to tell them to look for is people that really want to use cash and to pay attention to their IDs, this does not just include possible terrorists, but people wanted for crimes on the run.

Telling hotel workers to keep a eye out isn't some push for spying on fellow citizens, its just pointing out suspicious behaviors and none of the things they describe as suspicious don't actually scare me, at least its not like the FBI and telling them to look out for people talking about the constitution a lot.

Just wondering, does your username stand for "For the Lose, 1776"?

Name started out as FightTheLeft and stylized it FtL and then when registering on places FtL being taken and I added 1776.

Freedom 4 all
01-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Seriously? Paying in cash is a terrorist activity? Parking your car in front of a hotel is a terrorist activity? Not spying on your countrymen is unpatriotic?.. What a load of BS!

http://economycollapse.blogspot.com/2011/01/dhs-paranoid-propaganda-press-has.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FCRkw+%28The+Econom y++Collapse%29&utm_content=FaceBook

Isn't propaganda supposed to be a little less blatant? Just how far can they go before average Joe points and laughs at the utter retardation of it?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah your right there are some hotels and I was wrong there, but if you get the whole thing they are possibly trying to tell them to look for is people that really want to use cash and to pay attention to their IDs, this does not just include possible terrorists, but people wanted for crimes on the run.

Telling hotel workers to keep a eye out isn't some push for spying on fellow citizens, its just pointing out suspicious behaviors and none of the things they describe as suspicious don't actually scare me, at least its not like the FBI and telling them to look out for people talking about the constitution a lot.
Name started out as FightTheLeft and stylized it FtL and then when registering on places FtL being taken and I added 1776.

Telling anyone in any profession to be vigilant about their customers and look at everyone for suspicious activity is telling people to spy in my book. One scene in this ridiculous video has them questioning why someone does not use a credit card. I don't even own a credit card so am I going to be questioned like a criminal for simply buying something with cash? It is just downright stupid to ask a company to treat their customers this way for "national security". If a guy runs into your lobby with bombs attached screaming about Jihad than sure.. might be time to call the cops but until then it is not my place to question why they wear what they do or why they parked a certain way or why they use cash. It is none of my business and it is damn sure none of the governments business either. They are just indoctrinating people to be scared of their own shadow. What was it GW said after 9/11? That if we live our lives in fear than the terrorists have won? Well terrorists are the least of our concerns because our own government agencies seem to be doing a bangup job or turning our populace into a group of weak willed, spineless pansies who are afraid of their own shadow and want to tattle more than my 6 year old daughter.

mczerone
01-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Isn't propaganda supposed to be a little less blatant? Just how far can they go before average Joe points and laughs at the utter retardation of it?

I laugh all the time watching TV - at the Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines/Coast Guard ads, at the "Above the influence" ads, at the singing of the national anthem before sporting events, at FBI warnings preceding digital media, and at any number of tax-payer supported "informational" service announcements.

Usually it just irks my wife that "they're spending our money on those lies", but occasionally when watching with friends I'll be invited to explain why I'm laughing, and I'll point out the hilarity of the whole situation of a bunch of crooks trying to tell us how to live "righteously."

Getting indignant won't solve anything, but keeping a sense of humor will endear you to others, possibly showing them the injustices in the process.

pcosmar
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM

Joined in November.
First post is in support of Government propaganda and the new Stazi.

Your tax dollars at work.
:(

specsaregood
01-24-2011, 08:55 AM
It is just downright stupid to ask a company to treat their customers this way for "national security". If a guy runs into your lobby with bombs attached screaming about Jihad than sure.. might be time to call the cops but until then it is not my place to question why they wear what they do or why they parked a certain way or why they use cash.

Sure doesn't sound like a good idea from a customer service point of view. Hence, why they need the government to encourage/force all hotel owners to do it. So you get the same level of crappy service everywhere and nobody can get a competitive advantage.

Baptist
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM
I've been working hotels for over five years now. You do not have to have a CC to check in. If you do not have a CC you may have to put a $100 deposit down or something. As far as IDs go, the only reason I want to see one is in case the guest trashes the room. That way it might be easier to track them down. I would even check people in without IDs depending on the circumstances (btw regulars almost never have to show IDs).

This video is pure propaganda. Rest assured that I will not report people who pay in cash or don't have IDs.

Vessol
01-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Leaving the van I'll admit was a given suspicious activity. But paying with cash? Lol, I just love their look "No credit card!?"

I couldn't help but break out laughing when the evil terrorist just walks into the kitchen and looks around BECAUSE HE IS PLOTTING HIS EVIL PLOTS

Baptist
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
A more realistic video would show hotel workers keeping an eye out for two groups of people: CIA assets, and law enforcement running fake operations to test security at hotels.

Freedom 4 all
01-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I laugh all the time watching TV - at the Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines/Coast Guard ads, at the "Above the influence" ads, at the singing of the national anthem before sporting events, at FBI warnings preceding digital media, and at any number of tax-payer supported "informational" service announcements.

Usually it just irks my wife that "they're spending our money on those lies", but occasionally when watching with friends I'll be invited to explain why I'm laughing, and I'll point out the hilarity of the whole situation of a bunch of crooks trying to tell us how to live "righteously."

Getting indignant won't solve anything, but keeping a sense of humor will endear you to others, possibly showing them the injustices in the process.

For sure, I always try to keep my sense of humor up in these matters, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people where I live DON'T find this stuff funny and not because of the same reason your wife doesn't. I know a literally disturbing amount of people who actually swallow this bullshit whole and go on and on about how great the government is. Here are some quotes.

"I love paying taxes, the more taxes you pay, the more you get from the government. It's the best investment ever!"
"If you have nothing to hide, there's no point in having privacy"
"They should just take everyone's guns away, I'd feel a lot safer. It's 2010, no one needs to hunt anymore. Why do people still have guns?"

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-24-2011, 01:46 PM
afternoon bump

Anti Federalist
01-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Joined in November.
First post is in support of Government propaganda and the new Stazi.

Your tax dollars at work.
:(

LOL, awesome.

TonySutton
01-24-2011, 02:17 PM
I attend a hand full of conferences each year where I sell my wares. Although I do need to supply a credit card when making the reservation. Upon arrival I never have an issue letting them understand that I will be paying in cash. I usually pay the full bill in cash after the first day of the conference because I do not want to carry the large amount of cash around with me. They do require me to supply a $100 deposit if I do not want to supply my credit card.

As a normal person I try to be aware of my surroundings all the time. This is called taking care of myself. Especially when I am in unfamiliar territory. I do not want to get run over by some idiot texting while driving nor do I want building supplies dropped on my head by a crane operator who spilled coffee in his lap. This should be normal for everyone.

I also think it is fun to try and figure out who is doing what in general. Hotel lobbies can be very interesting places.

Anti Federalist
01-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Contrary to popular belief, the Gestapo was not the all-pervasive, omnipotent agency in German society.[17] In Germany proper, many towns and cities had less than 50 official Gestapo personnel. For example, in 1939 Stettin and Frankfurt am Main only had a total of 41 Gestapo men combined.[18] In Düsseldorf, the local Gestapo office of only 281 men were responsible for the entire Lower Rhine region, which comprised 4 million people.[19] "V-men", as undercover Gestapo agents were known, were used to infiltrate Social Democratic and Communist opposition groups, but this was more the exception, not the rule.[20] The Gestapo office in Saarbrücken had 50 full-term informers in 1939.[20] The District Office in Nuremberg, which had the responsibility for all of northern Bavaria employed a total of 80–100 full-term informers in the years 1943–1945.[20]

The vast majority of Gestapo informers were not full-term informers working undercover, but were rather ordinary citizens who for whatever reason chose to denounce those they knew to the Gestapo.[21]

According to Canadian historian Robert Gellately's analysis of the local offices established, the Gestapo was, for the most part, made up of bureaucrats and clerical workers who depended upon denunciations by citizens for their information.[22] Gellately argued that because of the widespread willingness of Germans to inform on each other to the Gestapo that Germany between 1933-45 was a prime example of Panopticism.[23] Indeed, the Gestapo, at times, was overwhelmed with denunciations and most of its time was spent sorting out the credible from the less credible denunciations.[24] Many of the local offices were understaffed and overworked, struggling with the paper load caused by so many denunciations.[25] Gellately has also suggested that the Gestapo was "a reactive organization" that "...which was constructed within German society and whose functioning was structurally dependent on the continuing co-operation of German citizens".[26]

HOLLYWOOD
01-24-2011, 07:28 PM
I've been working hotels for over five years now. You do not have to have a CC to check in. If you do not have a CC you may have to put a $100 deposit down or something. As far as IDs go, the only reason I want to see one is in case the guest trashes the room. That way it might be easier to track them down. I would even check people in without IDs depending on the circumstances (btw regulars almost never have to show IDs).

This video is pure propaganda. Rest assured that I will not report people who pay in cash or don't have IDs.

You know something about this video... This is exactly the same basis videos/commercials/media comm., the WARSAW pact countries ran during the 70's and 80's. They also offered Rewards/Metals/etc for turning subjects into authorities.

Amazing that what we fought against for decades is happening here at home. Man, talk about a paradox of living through this crap now.

HazyHusky420
01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
I know everyone is correct to question the DHS propoganda, but the fact is that a van abandoned at a hotel entrance with no licencse plate or markings is suspicious activitiy.

Oooo no license tag. I guess Michael Badnarik is a terrorist for not wanting to drive with a card the state FORCES him to carry?

HazyHusky420
01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
How to spot a statist 101

If they worry about "terrorism".

oyarde
01-24-2011, 08:16 PM
How to spot a statist 101

If they worry about "terrorism".

I thought it was if they worry about what you eat or smoke etc .. : )

aGameOfThrones
01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
No credit card? Weird.....

aGameOfThrones
01-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Youtube comment:

the guy doesn't want to pay 30% interest on his holiday, he must be a terrorist

MelissaWV
01-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Oooo no license tag. I guess Michael Badnarik is a terrorist for not wanting to drive with a card the state FORCES him to carry?

Suspicious =/= terrorist.

I think somewhere along the line, people have gone PC in the other direction. Saying something is suspicious doesn't mean you think the person's out to kill you. It doesn't mean you're going to call 9-1-1 or shoot the person if you have a gun on you. It doesn't mean you should go all crazy and try to stop them from... being suspicious. It just means you should be even more aware than you usually are.

Any abandoned vehicle would be suspicious to me, if it were really abandoned. Unmarked vans are always a bit of a ridiculous red herring; there are any number of idiotic markings you could put on a van for cheap, and of course the Government loves their unmarked vans, too. However, if someone parks their van right at your entrance, gets out, and walks away (not into your hotel, etc.), if you're the security guy you get suspicious. If you're within sight of that, you might get suspicious. Maybe he walks right back, though, and there was no harm and no foul. Being suspicious, however, you check up on the van from time to time. A minute... five minutes... ten minutes. Where'd the guy go? Why park right there?

You can be suspicious and aware without turning people in or thinking they're out to kill you.

And yeah, you can pay cash for most hotels. Speak to them ahead of time and determine what's a reasonable deposit. Some will accept the credit card number for incidentals or damages, and the cash as payment. I've never seen someone become suspicious of my paying in cash. I have, however, noticed people being much nicer :D Those who pay with plastic sometimes forget their cash to tip with.

HazyHusky420
01-24-2011, 09:04 PM

I think somewhere along the line, people have gone PC in the other direction. Saying something is suspicious doesn't mean you think the person's out to kill you. It doesn't mean you're going to call 9-1-1 or shoot the person if you have a gun on you. It doesn't mean you should go all crazy and try to stop them from... being suspicious. It just means you should be even more aware than you usually are.

Any abandoned vehicle would be suspicious to me, if it were really abandoned. Unmarked vans are always a bit of a ridiculous red herring; there are any number of idiotic markings you could put on a van for cheap, and of course the Government loves their unmarked vans, too. However, if someone parks their van right at your entrance, gets out, and walks away (not into your hotel, etc.), if you're the security guy you get suspicious. If you're within sight of that, you might get suspicious. Maybe he walks right back, though, and there was no harm and no foul. Being suspicious, however, you check up on the van from time to time. A minute... five minutes... ten minutes. Where'd the guy go? Why park right there?

You can be suspicious and aware without turning people in or thinking they're out to kill you.

And yeah, you can pay cash for most hotels. Speak to them ahead of time and determine what's a reasonable deposit. Some will accept the credit card number for incidentals or damages, and the cash as payment. I've never seen someone become suspicious of my paying in cash. I have, however, noticed people being much nicer :D Those who pay with plastic sometimes forget their cash to tip with.

Under the law there should be nothing considered "suspicious". The responsibility of law enforcement is to deal with crime not speculation or probability.

Anti Federalist
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM

The vast majority of Gestapo informers were not full-term informers working undercover, but were rather ordinary citizens who for whatever reason chose to denounce those they knew to the Gestapo.[21]

oyarde
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM

Kind of like people reported as witches in the old days .

Bern
01-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Suspicious =/= terrorist. ...

http://www.idiomsbykids.com/taylor/mrtaylor/class20022003/idioms/idioms2003/idioms6/Read%20Beetween%20The%20lines.jpg