PDA

View Full Version : Madison might leave Madison

Galileo Galilei
01-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Madison might leave Madison

A James Madison impersonator says she may not spend the rest of her time in college at JMU.

As an out-of-state student transferring from Alaska, sophomore theatre major Sarah Everett would be charged at least $115,000 to attend JMU for four years.

"I've done a lot of calculating and I've come to realize that I won't have anything left for the next few semesters," Everett said. "I didn't know that the difficulty of finding loans and grants would be virtually impossible for me."

On Jan. 15, Everett posted a message on her Facebook wall, asking friends to post a comment saying what they appreciate about Mr. Madison's presence at JMU.

"It's a desperate attempt to find some miraculous way to gain enough support from JMU to help me find some manner of acquiring basically $28,000 to continue my education here," Everett said, calculating a year's worth of tuition and room and board.

Eleven students posted on Everett's wall voicing their opinion of her work on campus.

Aleece Hurt, a sophomore psychology and dance double major, wrote Everett "has so faithfully followed her passion and created a ripple effect on the campus not only as an advocate for James Madison's true self, but for having faith in your passions to really make an impact."

http://www.breezejmu.org/news/article_a55a247a-2758-11e0-8914-00127992bc8b.html#user-comment-area

This is bad News, help needed, my prayers are for Sarah Everett.