PDA

View Full Version : Call your cable company, email them

skilt
10-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Look, it's all about the pocket book. You want fox to change, we're going to have to hit them where it hurts. I remember when fox first came on the scene, they constantly advertised on shows like rush limbaugh(forgive me, at the time he wasn't expousing all this neocon bull shit) that you should call your cable operator and demand fox news be on the channel list. What if, we called our cable providers and demanded the lose fox news as it is obviously propaganda. Now do I expect that to happen, maybe not. However, if we raise enough of a ruckus, then, FOX will get the message. Remember at the end of the day, it's all about the bottom line - and I believe they will soften up in a hurry. My thoughts. If this is a dupe, please repost elsewhere mods.

Thx

Sk

bulloncoins
10-22-2007, 09:05 AM
I agree.

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Fox news gets premium advertising dollars....it costs more than any other cable news channel to advertise on with my local cable company if I buy commercial time.

Money talks.

Johnnybags
10-22-2007, 09:11 AM
long ago, and was met by stiff resistance. I called for a pledge to cxl cable sent to the respective providers. Pledgebank type pledge where upon a certain date if equal time was not given by the debate broadcasters we would immediately pull it the next day. This pledge would be sent to the cable providers and the broadcasters prior to the next debate. Its simple, hurts noone and forewarns the cable companies. It would work with 5k or more pledgees, if someone posts it on pledgebank I'll sign it and help spread the word.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Create the pledge and I'll post in on www.RonPaulsRebels.com
on the Fox News boycott page.

A Ron Paul Rebel

Johnnybags
10-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Whereupon in the 2008 Presidential election debates, having made a mockery of democracy, we the undersigned hereby pledge to unsubscribe and hereby protest the stifling of democracy of any cable company that participates in such a woeful endeavor. We further demand equal time for all candidates in the debates be demanded by our cable provider of all the debate broadcasters. In the event that our cable providers do not see the need to astrict these networks to provide a debate worthy of democracy, we will cancel our cable subscription immediately after said debate as protest to this blatent contempt of our democratic values.

skilt
10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
and to the point. I like it.

Sk

Johnnybags
10-22-2007, 09:36 AM
everyone else please criticize and then i'll throw it out there on pledgebank and we can start the wheels of democracy forward.

literatim
10-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Sounds good to me.

I was thinking about maybe trying to organize such an uproar against Fox News advertisers, but the cable companies would work also.

Johnnybags
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Sounds good to me.

I was thinking about maybe trying to organize such an uproar against Fox News advertisers, but the cable companies would work also.

are the problem, the cable providers the solution, if we get 5k to 10k signatures from any candidates supporters it will send a message. It could be posted on Huckabees boards,Tancredos, etc. It is not Ron Paul specific at all. Even Kucinich's supporters are p'o'd. I will not start this if there is resistance nor will I put it out without edit or criticism.

bulloncoins
10-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Its all good. It IS time to send Fox News a message.

Boycott the advertisers...call the cable companies....email the cable companies,
email fox news....email the advertisers......sign a pledge....Just do it.

Send them a message.......

literatim
10-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Bump.