PDA

View Full Version : Killing dogs is reserved only for those with a government costume.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Puppy Slaughter: A Police Prerogative

Posted by William Grigg on January 23, 2011 02:13 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/76237.html#more-76237

For the last two decades, property owners in the Western U.S. have often implemented the “three-S” policy when they’ve discovered a federally protected critter on their land: Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up. Reporting the find to the “authorities” could have disastrous consequences. Tasheka Beatty should have adopted that approach on January 11 in dealing with an aggressive dog that attacked her two-year-old daughter and threatened her husband. Instead, the Durham, North Carolina resident has been charged with felonious animal cruelty and “discharging a firearm in public.”

“The dog was laying down asleep,” Beatty told a local television station. “My little girl got out of bed and went to the dog and that’s when he grabbed her. That’s what woke me up.” When the dog went after her husband, Beatty grabbed a shotgun. Then, rather than grabbing a shovel, Beatty tried to contact the local animal control department, which didn’t respond to several phone calls. She then took her little girl — who will require reconstructive surgery — to the hospital.

The next morning, frustrated by the predictable ineptitude of the animal control department, Beatty made the critical mistake of calling the police, who very helpfully slapped handcuffs on her wrists and kidnapped her at gunpoint, because that’s just how they roll.

“I do love animals, but I ask somebody, `what would you do, if that was your child?’” Beatty reasonably asks. Indeed, on the same day Beatty was hit with spurious criminal charges for the “crime” of defending her toddler, five-year-old Makayka Woodard was mauled to death by dogs in Waxhaw, a North Carolina town about 170 miles from Durham. Mikayla’s grandmother, 67-year-old Nancy Presson, was injured in a brave but unsuccessful attempt to save the little girl.

Hundreds of severely traumatized people attended Makayla’s funeral on January 17. It’s entirely possible that Beatty would have buried her own child had she not acted as she did.

“Somebody could have stopped this,” lamented one of Makayla’s neighbors. “Now … a five-year-old child is dead, and there’s nothing we can do about it.”

Beatty did something to prevent another tragedy of this kind. As a result, the local criminal clique that calls itself a “government” is trying to put Beatty in a cage as “punishment” for the supposed crime of defending her child. The police maintain that the charge is justified because Beatty shot the dog at least once while it was chained and no longer a threat. But it is standard operating procedure for members of the State’s punitive priesthood to use dogs as “target practice” when they pose no threat to anyone.

You see, only those garbed in government-issued costumes have the “authority” to kill dogs on a whim. Because Tasheka Beatty wasn’t wearing the paramilitary garb of a government enforcement agent, she’s now being treated as a felon for exercising her innate authority as a parent to protect her child from potentially lethal harm.

youngbuck
01-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Don't call the cops.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Don't call the cops.

Ever

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Cops aren't there to protect you. It's like calling the local English Constable in 1767 about someone burglarizing you. They'll gladly make their way into your abode, see you have no King's Stamps, slap some hemp cuffs on you, take your property, and meanwhile back in their quarters they have none (Stamps) and laugh at the people. To be honest, it would probably be beneficial for people to experience this first hand because obviously our reasoned and evidencial arguments aren't making quite the impact.

AFPVet
01-23-2011, 07:46 PM
There are still few small sheriff's departments and town marshals out there who are of the old ways; however, more and more departments are becoming corrupt.

Mr.Fish
01-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Cops aren't there to protect you. It's like calling the local English Constable in 1767 about someone burglarizing you. They'll gladly make their way into your abode, see you have no King's Stamps, slap some hemp cuffs on you, take your property, and meanwhile back in their quarters they have none (Stamps) and laugh at the people. To be honest, it would probably be beneficial for people to experience this first hand because obviously our reasoned and evidencial arguments aren't making quite the impact.

How manyeth a time I hath warned thee to keep thine fist clenched tight to thine stamps of the king! :D

In all fairness, I do end up questioning the difference between what we see in the news and what is really going on in terms of the police. Not that I do not find this atrocious, but I have spoken with police officers from time to time who find this abhorrent mockery of justice to be just as awful as the rest of us do.

I think it comes down largely to misrepresentation by the media. I'd say maybe 8/10 cops are just regular guys doing their job to support their family. they play by the rules, and they benefit society. HOWEVER, It's the other 2/10 that powertrip via the uniform. They abuse their position as a role model in modern society to achieve their own ends, regardless of what it may cause others.

This 20%, however, are ALWAYS shown on TV and in the news. The only news we ever see of cops is "COPS TASER CIVILIAN" or "COPS SHOOT DOG IN HOUSE RAID". I think it's fair to say that it misrepresents the job itself.

Even with this misrepresentation, I do not condone the lack of punishment the 20% of cops that do this shit get. 3 weeks off with pay for killing someone? absolutely atrocious.

TL;DR,

I think the majority of cops are misrepresented by the small percentage that fuck up like this on a regular basis, but I think the consequences of these actions are utterly ridiculous, and need to be far more severe.

Bruno
01-23-2011, 08:12 PM
How manyeth a time I hath warned thee to keep thine fist clenched tight to thine stamps of the king! :D

In all fairness, I do end up questioning the difference between what we see in the news and what is really going on in terms of the police. Not that I do not find this atrocious, but I have spoken with police officers from time to time who find this abhorrent mockery of justice to be just as awful as the rest of us do.

I think it comes down largely to misrepresentation by the media. I'd say maybe 8/10 cops are just regular guys doing their job to support their family. they play by the rules, and they benefit society. HOWEVER, It's the other 2/10 that powertrip via the uniform. They abuse their position as a role model in modern society to achieve their own ends, regardless of what it may cause others.

This 20%, however, are ALWAYS shown on TV and in the news. The only news we ever see of cops is "COPS TASER CIVILIAN" or "COPS SHOOT DOG IN HOUSE RAID". I think it's fair to say that it misrepresents the job itself.

Even with this misrepresentation, I do not condone the lack of punishment the 20% of cops that do this shit get. 3 weeks off with pay for killing someone? absolutely atrocious.

TL;DR,

I think the majority of cops are misrepresented by the small percentage that fuck up like this on a regular basis, but I think the consequences of these actions are utterly ridiculous, and need to be far more severe.

If the 80% stuck up for us instead of defending the 20% of bad cops (using your numbers for the sake of argument), then we wouldn't have much of a problem. But the police do not police themselves, and instead hide behind the blue code of silence, and therefore cause more animosity among the citizens.

Mr.Fish
01-23-2011, 08:29 PM
If the 80% stuck up for us instead of defending the 20% of bad cops (using your numbers for the sake of argument), then we wouldn't have much of a problem. But the police do not police themselves, and instead hide behind the blue code of silence, and therefore cause more animosity among the citizens.

A valid point. You are right in saying that the police should police themselves, but I wonder if there is something stopping them from actually doing so, other than a blue code of silence. Perhaps there is some bullshit set of rules that makes it harder for them to do.

mrsat_98
01-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Don't call the cops.

It depends on what you call them.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
There are still few small sheriff's departments and town marshals out there who are of the old ways; however, more and more departments are becoming corrupt.

When I make the point "do not call the cops", it's not to say that there not cops out there who "are of the old ways" as you put it.

The reason I give that advice, (and keep in mind, that is all it is, just advice from a guy on an internet message board) is to make people aware that they are taking their life and freedom in their hands.

If you are involved in a "hot case" in any way, there is nothing that you can say that will help you; talking to cops, without full counsel and knowledge of your rights, can only do one thing: send you to prison. Watch the following video and then ask Martha Stewart about talking to cops. Even if you make an honest mistake in recounting your story, and even if you are totally innocent of any other charges, you can still be charged with "making false statements".

And to call cops into any ongoing situation in your home is to take a serious risk of somebody ending up dead.

When cops show up, they won't care about who is right or wrong, what may or may not have happened or why somebody is acting erratically and how to stop them.

They will show up and "contain the scene and establish control" with an eye toward their safety and well being before anything else.

If gaining control of the scene requires tasing or shooting somebody, they'll do it, and not hesitate for a minute, knowing that the system, their training and their superiors will all back them up without any question.

Calling cops into an active situation is like releasing a bunch of pit vipers into your living room. Someone is liable to get bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

AFPVet
01-23-2011, 10:04 PM
As a former military and civilian law enforcement officer, I agree with you that you should always exercise your Fifth Amendment rights in order to protect yourself. Having said that, you should call in an attack as soon as possible to establish a chain. Once the attack is over, secure your weapon and relay to the dispatcher what you are wearing and your location. Not reporting the attack ASAP will set you up for a bad day guaranteed.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2011, 10:08 PM
As a former military and civilian law enforcement officer, I agree with you that you should always exercise your Fifth Amendment rights in order to protect yourself. Having said that, you should call in an attack as soon as possible to establish a chain. Once the attack is over, secure your weapon and relay to the dispatcher what you are wearing and your location. Not reporting the attack ASAP will set you up for a bad day guaranteed.

Agreed, once it is over, and the scene secure.

If there was no attack or no crime, keep that shit to yourself.

ClayTrainor
01-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Don't call the cops.

Ever

+10000000000000000000

Anti Federalist
01-24-2011, 01:39 PM
///