PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Numbers

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2011, 05:48 PM
In 2010 CPAC had ~10,000 attendees, of which ~2,400 voted. Voting was Thursday and till 1pm Fri.

This year, pre-registrations are up 20% from 2010, so expect 12,000 attendees.

In 2010 the outcome of the vote was:

Paul... 31% (742 votes)
Romney .. 22% (527 votes)
Palin...7%
Pawlenty..6%
Pence ...5%
Gingrich...4%
Huckabee..4%
Daniels ...2%
Santurom..2%
Thune....2%
Barbour..1%
Other...5%
Undecided..6%

2395 votes were cast

YAL has 400 students registered and others that want to come.
Who knows how many via C4L

It's a good bet that the bulk of that 2,000 person increase in pre-registrations can be attributed to two factions: liberty/tea party (votes split between Palin/Paul) and those reportedly bought by Romney (paid attendees/voters who are bussed in - can we verify this is happening?)

If the bump in pre-registrations represents ppl that will vote, there is a good chance that we will loose this one unless we do something very different from the current game plan.

As to hearing Ron and Rand talking, on Thurs:

8:00pm-10:00pm Liberty Forum Thurgood Marshall Ballroom South/West
Don't miss what will be the event at CPAC that will have EVERYONE talking. Ron Paul and Rand Paul will speak on issues of life, liberty and restoring our Constitution. This "Meet the Press" style discussion will be hosted by Tom Woods. This personal format grants you an inside look into the thoughts of the freedom movement's biggest stars.

Seating is extremely limited and first preference is given to those who have a CPAC ticket. Buy yours today!

That ballroom seats 1,200.

Ron Speaks on Friday:

3:30pm-4:00pm Ron Paul Formal Speech Marriott Ballroom
Come hear Ron Paul's official CPAC speech to thousands of attendees of the conference. Be sure to get there early!

Seating capacity is 4,200

On Thursday, Rand speaks:

3:45pm-4:15pm Rand Paul Formal Speech Marriott Ballroom
Come hear Senator Rand Paul's official speech to thousands of attendees of the conference.

and C4L talks about their future plans:

1:00-2:00pm "Campaign for Liberty: What's in Store for 2011" Maryland Ballroom
Join Campaign for liberty as we unveil our presence at CPAC, cover the important issues of the day and announce our plans for the upcoming year.

That is going to be interesting, as they don't have the non-profit status to support a political candidate.

The above 2 events are in the Maryland Ballroom that seats 425.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2011, 06:23 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_Political_Action_Conference

2007: Romney (21%)
2008: Romney (35%) / Paul (12%)
2009: Romney (20%) / Paul (13%)
2010: Paul (31%) / Romney (22%)

-t

sailingaway
01-23-2011, 06:48 PM
C4L said we are DOWN from our targets in registration. And I wouldn't put our numbers up since others have a target to beat, if they see targets YAL has, etc. They can just do that plus a margin.

But Pawlenty, Johnson et al as well as Romney are targeting this. I am sure Romney will have double the numbers he did last time. If he's only paying a salary as many suggest, that would be easier, not harder, to do in a down economy.

I think most of the tea party is taking a break and seeing how their new Congress will do. I really get the sensation they plan to gear up again for 2012, but I'm not sure they are geared up in 2011 except for those with a candidate in the mix for presidency. I think it will be harder to win this year because the tea party is waiting to see how things go -- there isn't a current issue making them furious.

Matt Collins
01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
I think more people will vote this time in the straw poll because there is a Presidential election looming