PDA

View Full Version : Larry Sabato: Presidential Possibilities - A First Line-Up of 2012

Agorism
01-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Presidential Possibilities - A First Line-Up of 2012

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_larry_j_sabato/presidential_possibilities_a_first_line_up_of_2012

Ron Paul : The 11-term Texas congressman, whose congressional career has stretched (intermittently) from the mid-1970s to the present, may be better known nationally as the father of new Tea Party Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY). Like father, like son; both are firebrands. As politicians go, Paul is about as principled as one can find. He's a mixture of traditional GOP, isolationist, libertarian, and Tea Party–an unconventional and occasionally unpredictable mix, for sure. In fact, he was the Libertarian Party candidate for president in 1988, garnering 432,000 votes in the George H.W. Bush-Michael Dukakis race. Paul ran for president again in 2008, but this time as a Republican. He actually finished fourth, with 1,165,112 votes (5.6%), behind John McCain, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee. Any college professor knows he drew a fair number of young people to his banner, mainly young men who liked his anti-Iraq War stand and his staunch anti-debt positions. But Paul's time may have passed, and he himself says there's only a 50-50 chance he'll run in 2012. Just age 41 when first elected to the House in April 1976, Paul will be 77 years old in 2012. No question that Paul would enliven the GOP debates and would again be a youth and press favorite, but his chances of winning the Republican nomination for president are somewhere between very small and nonexistent.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/2012_presidential_hopefuls_january_20_2011/444198-1-eng-US/2012_presidential_hopefuls_january_20_2011.bmp

Kregisen
01-23-2011, 01:18 AM
They have Ron Paul in the 4th tier because he polls in the top 5 in every single poll?

I must be stupid, because I swear I see 6 people in tier #1.