PDA

View Full Version : if ron paul doesnt run in 2011 for the presidents seat, how will this effect you?

satchelmcqueen
01-22-2011, 10:52 PM
my first and foremost hope is that he does run. if he decides not to, how will it make you feel?

for me, i would respect his decision on a personal level because he needs to retire just like anyone else and be with his wife and family at some point. but at a political level it would leave me with a feeling of no closure to this movement we have had since 2007. id always wonder "what if" and if paul could have won since he obviously would have much more support this time around. just the way people are waking up in the last 2 years, i contribute all of it to pauls run in 07-08.

paul must run, if not for anything else but to just see what would happen. my hopes at least.

satchelmcqueen
01-22-2011, 10:53 PM

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 10:57 PM
I'd support whatever decision he made, and likely would 'run' him anyhow. That man's life even just up to this point is inspiration enough for a half dozen presidential campaigns, easy.

I was thinking about that. When he didn't run in the general, supporters in California filed delegates and got him to be an official write in candidate (his consent wasn't necessary, only the consent of the delegates.) in Montana and Louisiana they were able to get him onto the ballot regardless of lack of his consent.

......He completely deserves to go with his committee and stay out of this election if that is what he wants, and I know he'll make us proud, as usual.

But I agree he'd likely have even more impact in this campaign than in the prior one.

trey4sports
01-22-2011, 11:00 PM
i'll be incredibly let-down. I'll march forward though, probably join the Gary Johnson team

Kludge
01-22-2011, 11:08 PM
I'll be very excited for the viable liberty candidates we have in 2012.

(^don't over-read)

R3volutionJedi
01-22-2011, 11:44 PM
I would be very disappointed. Having only discovered RP in April of 2010, as a young teenager at 16. I really wanted to be apart of the movement, going to the streets, and rallies. To rally around this man, who embodies the idea of Liberty. He isn't God. A mere man. A man who stood for something important and honorable, even when others put him down.
I would love to work on the Ron Paul 2012 campaign.
If he didn't run, I wouldn't really support another candidate as I would RP. He is just a kind and sincere dude and he values knowledge. Personally, I would only vote for someone who is pro-life. That's a make it or break it for me. RP was the perfect combination when I discovered him. So, it would be a major let down.

I wouldn't understand if he doesn't - but I'm not RP, so I wouldn't know what's best for RP.
I know, I'll continue to keep him in my prayers. and try to continue the R3VOLution.

rich34
01-22-2011, 11:45 PM
I'll be very excited for the viable liberty candidates we have in 2012.

(^don't over-read)

Hmm..

I'll put it in one word, devastated! Not that I'd be upset with Ron personally, we're asking a lot, considering what we're up against.

Cherder
01-22-2011, 11:50 PM
I don't think I'll be supporting Johnson.. I'll see if there is any way to get him on the ballot in 2012, and if not I'll simply write him in.

CUnknown
01-23-2011, 12:43 AM
I will probably cry a little. True story. :o

I'm trying to convince myself he's not running so I won't be too let down. It's just if he doesn't run, the 2012 election cycle seems almost over already for me. I know there are other races and we should focus on the positive... but it would take the wind out of my sails.

Zack
01-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Honestly, I probably wouldn't pay much attention to the Presidential election cycle, just like I haven't in other years. Probably vote for G Johnson in the primaries if he was somehow still around by the time Washington state comes along, but having heard a fair amount from him, I can't see myself being any kind of activist for his campaign. Really just focus on the other races and whatnot.

dannno
01-23-2011, 01:26 AM
I don't see how anybody could have any sort of negative feelings towards him for making such a decision after all he has done, but it sure would be great to see him run again.

Suzu
01-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Whatever he decides is fine with me, but I *want* him to run for POTUS. I think he has a much better shot at winning this time, and even if he doesn't win, he will change the debate in a good direction.

The uncertainty is the worst part.

Rocco
01-23-2011, 02:06 AM
Honestly? I'll be absolutely crushed.

I could never blame Dr Paul for not running, I dont have 1/100th the balls that he had to run in 2008 and continue under the conditions he had to. That being said, I have so much emotionally invested in this campaign that if it doesnt happen I will be devastated.

Sola_Fide
01-23-2011, 02:25 AM
I will look to see who the Constitution Party is running again.

At this point, I can't see myself supporting Gary Johnson, but I will keep an open mind.

Thane Eichenauer
01-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Honestly? I'll be absolutely crushed.

Ron Paul is only a messenger. He is a fine messenger who is pretty good at delivering a pretty fine message. If Ron Paul didn't run for President or for Congress I would be happy that he is taking the opportunity to do what he wanted to do.

tangent4ronpaul
01-23-2011, 03:15 AM
This is for keeps people. For him not to run puts all the cards in the hands of the neocons and puppets. It's really the capstone of his life and career. All he's been fighting for. His running could turn the country around, even if he doesn't win. If he doesn't, we as a movement and a country are sunk.

Call him a messenger, if you want, but his recognition and reputation is not something we can just replace. To get someone else where he is now would take decades. We don't have decades.

-t

Working Poor
01-23-2011, 07:27 AM
I know that running must be stressful for him. I get stressed hoping people will get his message. I think people are too stupid and the power against him is too strong.

I thank him for the awareness he has brought to people though.

The media keeps associating Ron Paul with nazis and racist what chance does he really have?

mrsat_98
01-23-2011, 07:36 AM
He is head of the banking committee which is a very strong place to be. Either way we win.

pcosmar
01-23-2011, 08:50 AM
It would be disappointing.
I will probably watch the circus and decline/destruction of the US with disgust.

I will continue to prepare for the inevitable.

pacelli
01-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Well, if he doesn't run, I'll be disappointed. But I at least he can say that he tried in 08. It really isn't about Ron Paul. If this movement depends on Ron Paul's existence then it is a stagnant movement.

I refuse to settle for the lesser of two evils again, and I am going to be very careful about voting for a Ron Paul Surrogate. It'll be very entertaining to watch the scripted debates and media speculators while I am working the field and planning to weather the coming collapse.

ctiger2
01-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I would go back to completely ignoring politics as much as I can.

nobody's_hero
01-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Ron Paul is only a messenger. He is a fine messenger who is pretty good at delivering a pretty fine message. If Ron Paul didn't run for President or for Congress I would be happy that he is taking the opportunity to do what he wanted to do.

I think most people here understand that. I've always been really careful not to appear infatuated with Ron Paul, the person.

The fact is, there just aren't many folks who want to send the message.

So yeah, I'd be crushed too. But at least I'll know what's going on when the collapse happens. I won't be totally clueless like the folks who think Social Security is doing fine, or those who think that we must finish building all the other nations in the world.

AlexMerced
01-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I'll be dissapointed cause it's nice to have something that rallies the troops on united message instead of me ranting on about risk and expecations, others ranting about the constitution, and several other fragmented movements. Ron Paul, and in the future possibly Rand or Gary are figures that very well bring those fragments together in a nice synergy.

Although, in this moment, at this time only Ron Paul can unite those element only one banner and it'd a shame to see this moment pass but it's his decision to make. In which case my vote going to be a protest vote for the Libertarian party.

Koz
01-23-2011, 07:37 PM
I'll probably just vote third party - libertarian, whoever they throw up there. I cannot see anyone else I'd voe for except for maybe Johnson.

reduen
01-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I will quit politics entirely and just spend what time i have left with my family....

freedoms-light
01-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Without Ron, a lot of the movement defects, at least from supporting any other single candidate.
Until Rand can or will make a go of it, support may dwindle except for the more Libertarian part of his base, which to me means there will be still good fundraising, internet presence, as well as the sign waves and banner hangs, etc. I just don't see a large conservative voting base getting behind someone who is more libertarian than a traditional conservative. Ron Paul, for many, bridged that gap. I always believed a lot of Ron's votes came from libertarian leaning conservatives.
For example I could not fully support Peter Schiff (though I did donate) due to him not being pro life.
I know it's just my opinion, but a lot of the folks I won over for Ron Paul fell the same. I suspect there are a lot of others too.
Not arguing with anyone's preferences, Just sharing my opinion.

Elwar
01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd back Johnson but understand the reality that Johnson is at the 1-2% level that Paul was at in the early days of his campaign, and his comprimising campaign style doesn't inspire grassroots support.

With this in mind, I'll most likely be leaving the country unless Paul or Johnson win the presidency.

teacherone
01-24-2011, 01:14 PM
I'd back Johnson but understand the reality that Johnson is at the 1-2% level that Paul was at in the early days of his campaign, and his comprimising campaign style doesn't inspire grassroots support.

With this in mind, I'll most likely be leaving the country unless Paul or Johnson win the presidency.

where to?

Elwar
01-24-2011, 01:23 PM
where to?

Somewhere like this...

http://costarica.en.craigslist.org/reb/2157439127.html

Who's John Galt?

teacherone
01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Somewhere like this...

http://costarica.en.craigslist.org/reb/2157439127.html

Who's John Galt?

sweet jesus.

i'll help you clear brush or whatever.

keep in touch!

Legend1104
01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
I will be filled with a great sadness and will watch the debates with unbridled disgust at the utter duplicid natural of the circus that unfolds before me without a single ray of truth or hope to be found.

Thomas
01-25-2011, 04:14 AM
i would be really sad, but would join the gary johnson campaign if possible

Free Indeed!
01-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Rand Paul 2012? Look what happened in 2008 with the jr. senator from Illinois.

Cowlesy
01-25-2011, 08:59 AM
From 2007, Ron went from a relatively unknown on the national level to almost a household name for not just libertarians and conservatives, inspired a whole new push for the liberty philosophy including having many people run for office and winning including a U.S. Senator, and founded an organization dedicated to supporting a majority of our shared principles (there are some) between conservatives and libertarians.

If he wanted to, he could retire with his huge gold stockpile to his new big house he waited 44 YEARS to build, and enjoy his grandkids.

Methinks Ron will run not just out of feeling somewhat obligated, but because he loves it. If he hated doing this everyday, he's more than set to retire and live the good life.

K466
01-26-2011, 11:37 AM
It would be real disappointing, but I would respect RP's decision. Our focus would move to Gary Johnson & other races, I suppose. The liberty movement must continue... RP or not!

libertybrewcity
01-26-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm a dude, but I would probably cry for little while...