PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Activist Takes Over New Hampshire Republicans

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/us/politics/23hampshire.html

ItsTime
01-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Kimbell was begging people to vote for party over principle. Literally begging people at the tea party I went to to vote for a very liberal republican Charlie Bass. With that said, there might be a chance he gets behind Ron Paul, but I doubt it.

lynnf
01-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Kimbell was begging people to vote for party over principle. Literally begging people at the tea party I went to to vote for a very liberal republican Charlie Bass. With that said, there might be a chance he gets behind Ron Paul, but I doubt it.

I believe the story said he was going to remain neutral:

"After his victory on Saturday, which came in a 222-199 vote, he told reporters that he would not take sides in the primary. "

lynn

Icymudpuppy
01-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Happy to see the good doctor come in second in the straw poll, but lagging behind Romney 36-11% doesn't look too good.

FSP-Rebel
01-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Happy to see the good doctor come in second in the straw poll, but lagging behind Romney 36-11% doesn't look too good.

Any betting person would have put their money on Romney in the poll. Many in the party structure are aspiring country clubbers that like to cozy up to the hot shot names, specifically Romney. He's seen as the great business person and a portion of them don't really care about his health care position. NH is a very wealthy state and those at or near the top tend to not want to shake up the field too much. The only reason that Ron is doing better and more liberty friends are joining the committee ranks of the GOP is because the fsp is bringing in new people and inspiring dormant natives to be reactivated. As an example, two years ago there were 4 fspers elected to the state house, now there is 12. Over 120 NHLA endorsed candidates won this time as well, so now over 30% of the house consists of libertarian-republicans. Now the party structure is starting to reflect that.

Ron needs to announce soon and then I would bet many more people would be looking into going to CPAC. Then he could start campaigning hard in the first few key states. Stop playing the waiting game and get moving already. 11% is a good start, the numbers can only go up once he's seriously in and telling people how it is. On the flip side, Romney's can only go down but the longer our side waits and let's him sneak around and raise money and lock up local gop support, the harder it'll be to correct the situation down the line.

pcosmar
01-22-2011, 05:26 PM

Romney can afford to buy a lot of votes. not unexpected.
he can be trashed easily in debate.

Carehn
01-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Any betting person would have put their money on Romney in the poll. Many in the party structure are aspiring country clubbers that like to cozy up to the hot shot names, specifically Romney. He's seen as the great business person and a portion of them don't really care about his health care position. NH is a very wealthy state and those at or near the top tend to not want to shake up the field too much. The only reason that Ron is doing better and more liberty friends are joining the committee ranks of the GOP is because the fsp is bringing in new people and inspiring dormant natives to be reactivated. As an example, two years ago there were 4 fspers elected to the state house, now there is 12. Over 120 NHLA endorsed candidates won this time as well, so now over 30% of the house consists of libertarian-republicans. Now the party structure is starting to reflect that.

Ron needs to announce soon and then I would bet many more people would be looking into going to CPAC. Then he could start campaigning hard in the first few key states. Stop playing the waiting game and get moving already. 11% is a good start, the numbers can only go up once he's seriously in and telling people how it is. On the flip side, Romney's can only go down but the longer our side waits and let's him sneak around and raise money and lock up local gop support, the harder it'll be to correct the situation down the line.

'Country clubbers' is the perfect term for them. about a 3rd of the people in my county GOP could be called just that. Talking to them you would think they have no clue as to what politics even is. They simply sweet over being on the winning side of any vote and contradict them selfs consistently in order to do just that. They think voting is a game or something where you try and pick the winner.

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2011, 05:47 PM
It's going to take lot's money and prime time commercials/Ads, to pound it into voters heads. Principles alone, doesn't get the votes from the ignorant.

Romney can afford to buy a lot of votes. not unexpected.
he can be trashed easily in debate.