PDA

View Full Version : John Tate: "We are falling short of our recruitment goal for CPAC"

Jeremy
01-22-2011, 03:42 PM
"CPAC 2011 is only a few weeks, and we are falling short of our recruitment goal. Last year, our movement shocked the establishment when Ron Paul won the Presidential Straw Poll with the largest vote total in its history. This year, they are aware of our presence, and they are planning to bus in hundreds of their blind followers to counter our grassroots energy. If you and I do not redouble our efforts in these last few weeks, I am afraid we will be outnumbered." - John Tate

Register for heavily discounted tickets here: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php (Scroll down)

Yieu
01-22-2011, 03:43 PM
The last day to buy tickets at the discounted rate, I believe is the last day of the month.

MRoCkEd
01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
We need to make a major push to get everyone there!

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Crap. I was afraid this was what Ron meant about his being ambivalent about running, that he wasn't sure the support was there. A month ago someone at CPAC dismissed the 'boycott' saying they were on track to at least match last year's numbers. If it isn't us getting those tickets, someone else is.

If people would go but for cost,they should start a chip in thread in the Ron Paul 2012 forum CPAC subforum. Several have already been filled.

If you would go if you could but have obligations, look for the chip ins. Also, YAL has a way to donate.

I'm thinking those who were spurred by anger at the bailouts are waiting to see what the new Congress does, and some have calmed down. That can't be us.

tangent4ronpaul
01-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Just a few observations...

Does not mention regular rates for tickets or what they will go to after the unspoken day X. Nor does it mention what lodging rates usually are. $1 off is still a discount. People like to know they are getting deals.

Adult tix price is kinda steep. I would actually save money by registering for a 1 credit, throw away something at the local community college and getting a current student ID to get the student price rather than buying an adult tix.

Sponsor reception... main page doesn't list price, page at link for sponsor reception doesn't list price. (By definition, if a place doesn't tell you how much something costs, you can not afford it). Finally, entered that I wanted to buy a ticket and after much searching on the page that asks for bucoo info, I find this hour and a half reception is $175.

The Event calendar does not tell you when you can vote, just when the results will be announced.

There is a RP book signing and it's BYOBook. Hmm, Ron has a new book out and they are not selling them on the spot? - Why?

There is a lot more going on at CPAC, but the events page just tells you about C4L activities.

-t

muzzled dogg
01-22-2011, 04:19 PM
new book wont be out by then

suppose they should be selling old ones tho

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Just a few observations...

Does not mention regular rates for tickets or what they will go to after the unspoken day X. Nor does it mention what lodging rates usually are. $1 off is still a discount. People like to know they are getting deals.

Adult tix price is kinda steep. I would actually save money by registering for a 1 credit, throw away something at the local community college and getting a current student ID to get the student price rather than buying an adult tix.

Sponsor reception... main page doesn't list price, page at link for sponsor reception doesn't list price. (By definition, if a place doesn't tell you how much something costs, you can not afford it). Finally, entered that I wanted to buy a ticket and after much searching on the page that asks for bucoo info, I find this hour and a half reception is $175.

The Event calendar does not tell you when you can vote, just when the results will be announced.

There is a RP book signing and it's BYOBook. Hmm, Ron has a new book out and they are not selling them on the spot? - Why?

There is a lot more going on at CPAC, but the events page just tells you about C4L activities.

-t

We will get out the word on when to vote. If no one else pulls it together well before CPAC, I will.

Dreamofunity
01-22-2011, 05:19 PM
They should stop treating it like a pyramid scheme with promo codes and special discounts/abilities for signing up for things. Nothing is more annoying than getting bugged about making someone else's quota.

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Crap. I was afraid this was what Ron meant about his being ambivalent about running, that he wasn't sure the support was there. A month ago someone at CPAC dismissed the 'boycott' saying they were on track to at least match last year's numbers. If it isn't us getting those tickets, someone else is.The problem is that without a campaign announcement the excitement won't be there to up the attendance. If Ron announced this week and told everyone they needed to be there, there would be no problem whatsoever getting a turn out.

If Ron doesn't announce until CPAC or after CPAC, there won't be as many reasons for people to attend CPAC, especially considering many of us simply can't afford to be there (but are willing to make the sacrifice for a Presidential campaign). One thing Ron could do would be to say "my decision will depend on the outcome of the straw poll" and THAT will motivate people to get there. Except that it's risky because who knows how many Mormons Mitt will turn out to the event?

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 06:03 PM
They should stop treating it like a pyramid scheme with promo codes and special discounts/abilities for signing up for things. Nothing is more annoying than getting bugged about making someone else's quota.Allow me to explain it... if I get enough people to sign up using my promo code, then I get a certain amount of money. I can then load up my truck with 3 or 4 other people who can go with me, and I'll have enough money to pay for all of the gas.

If I don't get enough people, then I can't afford to go, and that means other people might not be going because I won't be going on the cheap.

It's kind of like being in a chain gang tied at the ankle to other people. If one person is going to escape the others will follow along. But if one person simply can't then the group won't/can't go.

tangent4ronpaul
01-22-2011, 06:27 PM
The problem is that without a campaign announcement the excitement won't be there to up the attendance. If Ron announced this week and told everyone they needed to be there, there would be no problem whatsoever getting a turn out.

Then there is always the rumor mill - like a little bird told me he was going to announce at CPAC and there was supposed to be an unscheduled event the night of the last day - something about a rented ballroom for the night, a couple of bands and a free open bar...

but then again, my translation abilities of "tweet" are limited, and they could have been telling me there's good worm hunting under that tree over yonder ;)

-t

DamianTV
01-22-2011, 07:14 PM
I think Ron needs to write another book. That will put him at the top of more lists for people that dont visit the forums. Those are the people we really want to have their support.

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 07:21 PM
I think Ron needs to write another book. That will put him at the top of more lists for people that dont visit the forums. Those are the people we really want to have their support.
Ron has a book coming out in April or May already.

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Then there is always the rumor mill - like a little bird told me he was going to announce at CPAC and there was supposed to be an unscheduled event the night of the last day - something about a rented ballroom for the night, a couple of bands and a free open bar...Yeah, remember we are a skeptical bunch. Innuendo doesn't work so well.

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Allow me to explain it... if I get enough people to sign up using my promo code, then I get a certain amount of money. I can then load up my truck with 3 or 4 other people who can go with me, and I'll have enough money to pay for all of the gas.

If I don't get enough people, then I can't afford to go, and that means other people might not be going because I won't be going on the cheap.

It's kind of like being in a chain gang tied at the ankle to other people. If one person is going to escape the others will follow along. But if one person simply can't then the group won't/can't go.

forgot the promo code already and just make a chipin so we can help you get to cpac!!

BarryDonegan
01-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Ron Paul should just announce he is running for president right now.

It's the right thing to do. It's our last chance, and it was fun last time.

It will be fun, even for him.

The national ship is sinking; we need to be trying everything we can.

TXcarlosTX
01-22-2011, 07:46 PM
i was going to go. instead i think ill use the money for money bombs.

TheTyke
01-22-2011, 07:50 PM

What? Why? CPAC got so much press coverage last time, and this time we can make a point of preventing booing at the results etc. It's amplifying the effect of your money. Moneybombs will be important, but it seems to be like if Ron can't build credibility at events like this, moneybombs alone won't help him win. We'll need new people for those :)

I bet you could find someone to ride with from TX and reduce costs... :)

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 07:53 PM

well moneybombs will not be needed if Ron paul doesn't run. If we want him to run we need to WIN CPAC!! Please consider going! Make a chipin if needed.

Inkblots
01-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Ron Paul should just announce he is running for president right now.

It's the right thing to do. It's our last chance, and it was fun last time.

It will be fun, even for him.

The national ship is sinking; we need to be trying everything we can.

While I agree that Ron should run again, I think you seriously over-estimate the level of fun and enjoyment Ron would derive from an exhausting and non-stop campaign schedule, traveling far from both his work and his loved ones, being openly mocked and ignored at debates and candidate forums, and being distorted, demagogued, shamed by association and accused of being evil, racist, anti-semitic, or a cruel social-darwinist in the press for a solid six months, all while trying to run a sub-committee and uphold his responsibilities to the Constitution and his constituents as a US representative. That would be enough to wear down a man half his age - and who can doubt that, if all were well, Ron would rather enjoy his twilight years at home with wife and family, in the home he loves, surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren?

Let's not have any illusions about this: the reason Ron is so hesitant to announce another run is that it's a huge and difficult sacrifice, and the enjoyment of some good rallies with enthusiastic supporters really isn't anywhere near enough to make such a thing, on balance, "fun". But I do join you in urging him to make that sacrifice, for liberty and for the Republic.

Inkblots
01-22-2011, 08:01 PM

Like others have said, Ron is likely waiting to see how strong a showing of supporters at CPAC he gets before deciding whether to commit to another difficult race - every dollar you spend to attend CPAC is frankly worth 10 in any hypothetical future money bomb.

Umbro2914
01-22-2011, 08:03 PM
While I agree that Ron should run again, I think you seriously over-estimate the level of fun and enjoyment Ron would derive from an exhausting and non-stop campaign schedule, traveling far from both his work and his loved ones, being openly mocked and ignored at debates and candidate forums, and being distorted, demagogued, shamed by association and accused of being evil, racist, anti-semitic, or a cruel social-darwinist in the press for a solid six months, all while trying to run a sub-committee and uphold his responsibilities to the Constitution and his constituents as a US representative. That would be enough to wear down a man half his age - and who can doubt that, if all were well, Ron would rather enjoy his twilight years at home with wife and family, in the home he loves, surrounded by grandchildren and great-grandchildren?

Let's not have any illusions about this: the reason Ron is so hesitant to announce another run is that it's a huge and difficult sacrifice, and the enjoyment of some good rallies with enthusiastic supporters really isn't anywhere near enough to make such a thing, on balance, "fun". But I do join you in urging him to make that sacrifice, for liberty and for the Republic.

great post with a lot of perspective and context. makes one think..

Zack
01-22-2011, 08:05 PM

I think one of the things that makes us strong is that we make these decisions for ourselves, based on our own values. But I have to say that my suggestion would be to spend the money on the trip. Especially considering this news. The margin between failure and success might be razor sharp. The difference between 900 votes and 1,100 might be the difference between massive success and total failure. Which in turn could be the difference between RP even running or not. I wouldn't be suprised to see this thing be spilt between Mitt and RP by only a vote or two.

Umbro2914
01-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Allow me to explain it... if I get enough people to sign up using my promo code, then I get a certain amount of money. I can then load up my truck with 3 or 4 other people who can go with me, and I'll have enough money to pay for all of the gas.

i think everyone understands, it just gets annoying, all the spam and such. almost as bad as that patriot poll guy.. gezz
besides, you somehow made it to Rand/Rons party in DC recently... or was your trip paid for by his campaign?? :P

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 08:11 PM
i think everyone understands, it just gets annoying, all the spam and such. almost as bad as that patriot poll guy.. gezz
besides, you somehow made it to Rand/Rons party in DC recently... or was your trip paid for by his campaign?? :P

i would rather have collins spamming all day then not having ron Paul run in 2012!! God forbid we try to win cpac and get as many folks to attend!!

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 08:12 PM
every dollar you spend to attend CPAC is frankly worth 10 in any hypothetical future money bomb.I would tend to agree, except that CPAC is expected to be won by Ron. If Ron loses, especially after winning last year, then that opens the door to the "legitimacy / viability" slams for the rest of the entire campaign.

TheTyke
01-22-2011, 08:16 PM
By not reaching the "recruitment goal" I think they meant :collins: JK :)

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 08:19 PM
By not reaching the "recruitment goal" I think they meant :collins: JK :)

bada bing bada bing

Inkblots
01-22-2011, 08:19 PM
bada bing bada bing

Big blimpin'?

trey4sports
01-22-2011, 08:30 PM
to be fair, I think CFL is hitting their CPAC target just fine their merely trying to pump up their base and increase recruitment even further (which is a good thing)

I mean, it seems every single email they send out the sky is falling if you don't donate $______ right now....

TheTyke
01-22-2011, 08:33 PM
to be fair, I think CFL is hitting their CPAC target just fine their merely trying to pump up their base and increase recruitment even further (which is a good thing)

I mean, it seems every single email they send out the sky is falling if you don't donate $______ right now....

Well the sky IS falling in our country, but I see your point. :D

NewRightLibertarian
01-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Just booked my hotel room! Can't wait!

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2011, 08:48 PM
I just bought 1 adult ticket plus 2 nights in a room with 3 others. I don't know how I'm going to get there, and I don't know what I'm going to eat, as my paychecks don't start until after this event, but I'm sure going to try.

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I just bought 1 adult ticket plus 2 nights in a room with 3 others. I don't know how I'm going to get there, and I don't know what I'm going to eat, as my paychecks don't start until after this event, but I'm sure going to try.
Please tell me you used my last name? :-)

olehounddog
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I got Motel 6 on Ga. Ave. NW

TheTyke
01-22-2011, 08:54 PM

Hey, YAL or CFL should have you speak! And at least feed you for your trouble. I'll look forward to meeting you in any event.

MRoCkEd
01-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Hey, YAL or CFL should have you speak! And at least feed you for your trouble. I'll look forward to meeting you in any event.

Glen would be perfect for this event!

YAL Presents: "Freedom's Rising New Leaders" Maryland Ballroom
Young Americans for Liberty presents this event as radio host Mike Church, author Jack Hunter, and Congressman Justin Amash discuss the new tide of liberty sweeping the nation.

Who can contact C4L?

Thomas
01-22-2011, 08:59 PM
I'll contact someone about Gunny.

tangent4ronpaul
01-22-2011, 09:03 PM

Couldn't agree more. They never state what their target it. How short they are. How who they have now compared to last time.

I'd guess their target is to get 70% of the vote. It will never be met and was never designed to be met. Seems like we have 4x the support of last time, at least - if we can't meet last times numbers, we are in serious trouble.

-t

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Please tell me you used my last name? :-)

Sorry man, I used Moresco's code. He came down here and broke his back to deliver us the win, you didn't really expect me to dis him in the CPAC ticket drive did you?

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2011, 09:06 PM

Glen would be perfect for this event!

Who can contact C4L?

I'll contact someone about Gunny.

LOL thanks guys, that would be awesome ;) I just got done making a pitch for the RLC'ers in this area to bring mad bodies to the 2011 convention cycle, and to learn who the heck Frederick Douglass was. Went really really well. :)

Honestly, I don't think YAL and CFL really even know who I am yet. On the other hand, I seem to be one of the few, few people that Dr Paul follows on Twitter...

trey4sports
01-22-2011, 09:09 PM
LOL thanks guys, that would be awesome ;) I just got done making a pitch for the RLC'ers in this area to bring mad bodies to the 2011 convention cycle, and to learn who the heck Frederick Douglass was. Went really really well. :)

Honestly, I don't think YAL and CFL really even know who I am yet. On the other hand, I seem to be one of the few, few people that Dr Paul follows on Twitter...

check your PM Glen

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry man, I used Moresco's code. He came down here and broke his back to deliver us the win, you didn't really expect me to dis him in the CPAC ticket drive did you?
I COMPLETELY understand!

I wish I could've done more to help you out in your election. :o

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys, I don't have a specific ChipIn per se for this event, but I am using my campaign account for the same thing. Not only is it legal, but since I will be expanding my 2012 donor base while at CPAC, it's even appropriate. The Drupal theme ended up breaking, but the site itself still works great. here is the donation address:

http://glenbradley.net/node/17

Than again, thanks a million!

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2011, 10:18 PM
I COMPLETELY understand!

I wish I could've done more to help you out in your election. :o

I do appreciate it Matt, one thing that will help enormously, given that I took the DPNC by surprise in 2010 and they will be coming after me like a freight train in 2012, is to help expand my 2012 donor base...$20,000 is just not going to get the job done in 2012, I have no doubt. So spread the word, I'm gonna need all kinds of help to hang on to this office in 2012.

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 11:00 PM
I know the solution for increasing the recruiting goal for CPAC. I suggest John Tate encourage Ron Paul to announce RON PAUL 2012:)

Liberty_Mike
01-22-2011, 11:03 PM
It is pretty hard for a lot of us to attend this event. I am sure many of us want to, but it is pretty impractial for a lot of us. I for one, live in the West and have limited vacation days to take at work. Flights to the other side of the country are expensive, and hard for many of us to afford, especially with the current state of the economy. To be honest, I am not surprised about the low rate of recruitment.

rich34
01-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Hell, Ron came in 2nd in today's straw poll in NH. This should be encouraging news as far as I'm concerned because from what I understand that straw poll was done by the "hardcore" of the republican party up there.. I'm in WV and would love to attend CPAC, but obviously, like most I can't due to my financial situation. I'm sure a lot of folks are in the very same boat. If Ron's thinking his support is dwindling because we're not matching last years numbers he of anyone should know that money is tight these days. Come on Ron lets finish what we started!!

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Hell, Ron came in 2nd in today's straw poll in NH. This should be encouraging news as far as I'm concerned because from what I understand that straw poll was done by the "hardcore" of the republican party up there.. I'm in WV and would love to attend CPAC, but obviously, like most I can't due to my financial situation. I'm sure a lot of folks are in the very same boat. If Ron's thinking his support is dwindling because we're not matching last years numbers he of anyone should know that money is tight these days. Come on Ron lets finish what we started!!

I may be geographically ignorant, but is WV in driving distance to DC? So you'd be one of the lower cost chip ins? I mean, heck, one day and a vote is all it takes, I think. (not sure when you have to register / vote but think you can do both Thurs. Unfortunately only Rand is Thurs, I think Ron is Friday. But people were passing info on some cheap hotels, I mean dirt cheap, in the CPAC subsection of the Ron Paul 2012 forum.

I think people with relatively inexpensive expenses in particular should start chip ins because the forum could get more votes sending more of those who live closer than sending fewer who live further, for the same money. But I don't know your situation. Taking off work is a cost, right there, I know. But for others who could manage to go but not the expenses, I think they should start a chip in in Ron Paul forums, the CPAC subforum.

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm coming from North Carolina, and I'm driving.

rich34
01-22-2011, 11:21 PM
I may be geographically ignorant, but is WV in driving distance to DC? So you'd be one of the lower cost chip ins? I mean, heck, one day and a vote is all it takes, I think. (not sure when you have to register / vote but think you can do both Thurs. Unfortunately only Rand is Thurs, I think Ron is Friday. But people were passing info on some cheap hotels, I mean dirt cheap, in the CPAC subsection of the Ron Paul 2012 forum.

I think people with relatively inexpensive expenses in particular should start chip ins because the forum could get more votes sending more of those who live closer than sending fewer who live further, for the same money. But I don't know your situation. Taking off work is a cost, right there, I know. But for others who could manage to go but not the expenses, I think they should start a chip in in Ron Paul forums, the CPAC subforum.

WV is within driving distance, but with my wife, kid and mortgage, well I'm not in the best financial shape and taking off work is not going to happen. If voting is on Saturday and someone could pay for gas hell, I'll take a road trip! But I'll be honest, I'd be a hell of a lot more excited knowing that Ron is running instead of thinking that I'll be doing this in an attempt to get him to run which will be no guarantee. If I went, my wife would go also so we'd count for two votes. If you guys think it's going to be that close of a vote and Ron winning that would really convince him to run I'd definitely be planning a trip for next Saturday.

rich34
01-22-2011, 11:25 PM
If you guys think it's going to be that close of a vote and Ron winning that would really convince him to run I'd definitely be planning a trip for next Saturday.

Collin's, if you have a better handle on the situation pm me.. If this is what it's going to take to get Ron to run and I can vote on Saturday I'll let my wife know and start making plans. I'd just be in and out.. If Ron or Rand ain't speaking on Saturday there is no sense in me hanging around except for meeting some of you guys on the forum which would be pretty cool.

MRoCkEd
01-22-2011, 11:26 PM
WV is within driving distance, but with my wife, kid and mortgage, well I'm not in the best financial shape and taking off work is not going to happen. If voting is on Saturday and someone could pay for gas hell, I'll take a road trip! But I'll be honest, I'd be a hell of a lot more excited knowing that Ron is running instead of thinking that I'll be doing this in an attempt to get him to run which will be no guarantee. If I went, my wife would go also so we'd count for two votes. If you guys think it's going to be that close of a vote and Ron winning that would really convince him to run I'd definitely be planning a trip for next Saturday.
Voting won't be on Saturday. It will be all day Thursday, and a few hours on Friday morning.

rp08orbust
01-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Does anyone know exactly what C4L's ticket sale goal is and how far they are from meeting it?

college4life
01-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Hey collins, are you still 6 away? I can't imagine you wouldn't go, rp is such a big part of your life even if you don't get all the numbers you've already gotten enough referrals to get you most of the way there.

Go buddy, i want you to post some pics from the event.

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Voting won't be on Saturday. It will be all day Thursday, and a few hours on Friday morning.

seems he would be best to go reg and vote on thursday and catch rand speaking a lil. the window to vote on friday is smaller though ron paul is speaking friday!!

rich34
01-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Guys, I'm no Matt Collins, but I'm pretty damn hardcore Ron Paul. If this is seriously going to be that close and him winning will depend on whether he runs or not I'll see what I can do about taking off work. I've been devastated reading the reactions to Ron's tone on the Jones show the other day. He's all we got and if he don't run then we're fucked!! Which we are all ready, but with Ron running at least there's a glimmer of hope..

college4life
01-22-2011, 11:35 PM
rich34, i dont want your family to suffer though. i love rp too, but your first obligation is to your wife and child as you know. please don't jeopardize that, but if you can make it we would all love your presence.

rich34
01-22-2011, 11:39 PM
rich34, i dont want your family to suffer though. i love rp too, but your first obligation is to your wife and child as you know. please don't jeopardize that, but if you can make it we would all love your presence.

You are correct sir, but honestly, if I went it would be up and back so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. IF I pulled that stunt though, I'd prefer to go on Friday that way I don't have to worry about work the next day since I'm off on weekends. How much money would it cost for two ticket just to get in and vote?

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 11:43 PM
You are correct sir, but honestly, if I went it would be up and back so I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. IF I pulled that stunt though, I'd prefer to go on Friday that way I don't have to worry about work the next day since I'm off on weekends. How much money would it cost for two ticket just to get in and vote?

Find out when you have to register, if you are going to make that sacrafice, and it sounds like there is only going to be voting for a few hours in the morning Friday so make sure you can make it by that time. (When Ron lost the SRLC straw poll to Romney by one vote, there were actually people who had made it there but too late to register and weren't allowed to vote.) It would be lousy for you to take off work and go to all that trouble, and STILL miss the vote.

tangent4ronpaul
01-22-2011, 11:49 PM

WV is within driving distance.

If we REALLY wanted to get the best bang for our buck, we should do what YAL didn't. Get a list of their school chapters that are say, within a days drive and charter a few buses. With student tickets at $11 each, we could probably pack the place to vote for $50-60 a head and include transportation, a meal and maybe an overnight if a community center that used to be a school could be found that would rent out their gym for a night. Sleeping bags and pads. UBER CHEAP!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Find out when you have to register, if you are going to make that sacrafice, and it sounds like there is only going to be voting for a few hours in the morning Friday so make sure you can make it by that time. (When Ron lost the SRLC straw poll to Romney by one vote, there were actually people who had made it there but too late to register and weren't allowed to vote.) It would be lousy for you to take off work and go to all that trouble, and STILL miss the vote.

From what I saw on the C4L site, you had to pick up your tickets Wed or Thurs. I guess you have to be registered before Fri if that is in fact the only voting day. Getting full price tickets may be different, but I don't know how much those are. Would be nice if C4L explained some of these things.

-t

trey4sports
01-22-2011, 11:58 PM
i believe you can pick up your tickets either thursday or friday, but friday only for a couple hours

Bergie Bergeron
01-23-2011, 10:11 AM
bump

HOLLYWOOD
01-23-2011, 10:35 AM
It's all about money... I'm positive Mitt presidential is paying his allegiance to attend CPAC, like he did in Iowa 2007-08.

speciallyblend
01-23-2011, 10:46 AM
I will say it again ,if they want to meet their recruitment goals . Then have Ron paul announce in the next 1-7 days!!

Matt Collins
01-23-2011, 10:49 AM
I will say it again ,if they want to meet their recruitment goals . Then have Ron paul announce in the next 1-7 days!!
Very true, except that they don't have Ron do anything. Ron does what Ron wants to do.

pacelli
01-23-2011, 10:50 AM

I agree. John Tate has cried wolf about desperately needing finances on a weekly basis since 2008. I don't trust anything that I see coming from his email account.

sailingaway
01-23-2011, 10:52 AM
I just sent the following email to CPAC at jlogue@conservative.org

I have a number of friends who want to attend CPAC, but only for Friday. They realize they would have to pay for the full conference, but want to make sure they would physically be able to register Friday morning and also want to be able to vote in the straw poll. Would they be able to do that? Last year people could vote Friday morning, but I'm not sure they were able to register then. If they would have to be there by a certain time Friday to make that work, what time would that be?

Thank you!

I will let you know what I hear back. Mind you, C4L may have its own internal organization issues, but we are more likely to be able to work with them on those to get more people in on Friday, so long as the hotel and conference have the flexibility for that.

The FAQ for CPAC (NOT C4L - which may have its own staffed time restrictions for picking stuff up) says

..., tickets and other registration materials will be available at CPAC 2011 check-in beginning Wednesday, February 10 from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, and will continue on Thursday and Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., and on Saturday from 8:00a.m. until 2:00 p.m.

Read More :: http://www.conservative.org/cpac/faq/#ixzz1BsWJPepj

However, that does not let us know when you can vote.

The FAQ also gives this phone number for questions: (703) 836-8602

****At SRLC Ron lost to Mittens by one vote. We had people there, who just got there too late the last day to register and vote. With their votes, Ron would have won. I don't want that to happen again, at CPAC!!****

speciallyblend
01-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Very true, except that they don't have Ron do anything. Ron does what Ron wants to do.

We need ron paul to run to help our revolution! i hope he understands his impact. Honestly i will stay a republican but if Ron paul doesn't run! I will be forced to look outside of the gop. I like gary but i am not 100% sold on him!! The gop better hope Ron paul runs or i expect the gop will fall to obama for a 2nd term!! It truly has become Ron Paul vs Obama republicans in the gop primary!! Ron Paul 2012 ps the gop better make sure Ron Paul runs and wins the nomination kinda like they did mccain;)!

speciallyblend
01-23-2011, 11:00 AM
I just sent the following email to CPAC at jlogue@conservative.org

I will let you know what I hear back. Mind you, C4L may have its own internal organization issues, but we are more likely to be able to work with them on those to get more people in on Friday, so long as the hotel and conference have the flexibility for that.

The FAQ for CPAC (NOT C4L - which may have its own staffed time restrictions for picking stuff up) says

However, that does not let us know when you can vote.

The FAQ also gives this phone number for questions: (703) 836-8602

****At SRLC Ron lost to Mittens by one vote. We had people there, who just got there too late the last day to register and vote. With their votes, Ron would have won. I don't want that to happen again, at CPAC!!****

voting is thursday till 5 and only for 2 hrs on friday in the morning it should be on the cpac ticket info thread

speciallyblend
01-23-2011, 11:02 AM
ticket info and voting times http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?274995-Info-on-the-straw-poll-voting-times-and-CFL-CPAC-tickets&p=3055953#post3055953

sailingaway
01-23-2011, 11:03 AM
voting is thursday till 5 and only for 2 hrs on friday in the morning it should be on the cpac ticket info thread

Someone said that but they said that was last year, I wasn't sure they had actually touched base to confirm it this year. I wanted -- and want --to make sure it is confirmed.

from your link:

Unless CPAC all of a sudden changes the rules this year for one reason or the other, these are the times the straw poll is open......

I'm trying to find out if it was changed. People at the SRLC thought they could register and vote later than the table ended up being staffed. I can't attend, this year, I might as well try to do something useful....

speciallyblend
01-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Someone said that but they said that was last year, I wasn't sure they had actually touched base to confirm it this year. I wanted -- and want --to make sure it is confirmed.

from your link:

I'm trying to find out if it was changed. People at the SRLC thought they could register and vote later than the table ended up being staffed. I can't attend, this year, I might as well try to do something useful....

kewl i was just posting rph info, let me know what you find out for sure:)

Theocrat
01-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I won't be able to have the days off from work to go to CPAC this year, so that's why I'm not going.

Umbro2914
01-23-2011, 07:38 PM
generally speaking, i think we will be ok. the majority of attendees from last year will presumably attend again this year, in addition to a ton of first-time attendees including students like myself :)
Also, if my memory serves me correctly, dosent Baltimore/MD have a very active C4L chapter? Would be great to ensure that a majority of them are planning to attend due to the proximity and all...

aravoth
01-23-2011, 11:17 PM
I won't be able to have the days off from work to go to CPAC this year, so that's why I'm not going.

same

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-24-2011, 04:57 AM
To those of you within 2 hours driving distance of D.C.,

Please consider allowing other activists to stay at your home for the duration of the event. There are a lot of people who can afford the ticket and the travel but not the costly hotel stays and that is preventing them from attending. So please be willing to open up your heart and share your vehicle for a couple of days so we can make history and fire the first major shot in this election season.

Plus I am sure whoever you invite into your home will be more than happy to pick up a lot of the gas, parking, tolls, etc in order to get there and so everyone involved can save a few dollars while helping each other out. If we cannot rely on our fellow activists to take care of each other than this movement has a lot bigger problems than just getting Ron Paul a victory at CPAC.