PDA

View Full Version : Have you purchased your CPAC ticket yet?

MRoCkEd
01-22-2011, 11:59 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=108&d=1292951697

The clock is ticking, and the discounted tickets and lodging deals are going fast!

http://www.modernmorph.com/countdown/id/316300853.gif

Ron Paul wants you there...
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nRPE1wFtf4)
If it's at all possible for you to attend...
Order your CPAC ticket today! (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php?page=registration)

jt8025
01-22-2011, 12:01 PM
I've bought 2 tickets - I'm dragging my girlfriend with me.

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 12:05 PM
I absolutely can't but I am chipping in on chip ins to get people there. In fact that Alex Jones interview with Ron sounding so down about it and saying he wasn't sure if he should run, he wasn't sure the support was there, really got to me. There is another chip in of someone who wants to go and I'm going right now to find it and donate. If you can't go, help those who can to get there! Chip in threads would best go into the CPAC subforum of the Ron Paul 2012 forum, although more people see them here (so you may want to put it into your signature.) If people are LOOKING for chip ins to donate to, that is where they look. We've filled several already, and YAL also has a way to donate.

FSP-Rebel
01-22-2011, 01:07 PM
I absolutely can't but I am chipping in on chip ins to get people there. In fact that Alex Jones interview with Ron sounding so down about it and saying he wasn't sure if he should run, he wasn't sure the support was there, really got to me.
I haven't listened to it yet and likely won't, but why would he be so pessimistic now as opposed to last time.. He already has a base to start with and we just installed his son into the Senate. Being in and amongst DC probably isn't very healthy mentally, though he has to be happy that he's not polling in low single digits to start with. He blew out CPAC last year and likely will do it again. Perhaps he's seeing how many tickets C4L/YAL have sold and it's not measuring up thus far?

teacherone
01-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Don't forget to enter the words "Attention Whore" in the PROMO CODE !!!!!!!

It's of utmost importance!!!!!!

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 01:23 PM
I need 6 more people to buy a ticket on the CFL website using MY LAST NAME as their promo code. It's the only way I can afford to go!

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Don't forget to enter the words "Attention Whore" in the PROMO CODE !!!!!!!Hmmm... I wonder if I'll get credit for that if people actually use that code... I should ask

teacherone
01-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I need 6 more people to buy a ticket on the CFL website using MY LAST NAME as their promo code. It's the only way I can afford to go!

http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey, in all seriousness, I am not asking anyone for a single dime of money. I am however asking those who are going to at least use my last name when they order their tickets so that I too can afford to go.

teacherone
01-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey, in all seriousness, I am not asking anyone for a single dime of money. I am however asking those who are going to at least use my last name when they order their tickets so that I too can afford to go.

i know...just giving you a hard time.

tangent4ronpaul
01-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Don't forget to enter the words "Attention Whore" in the PROMO CODE !!!!!!!

It's of upmost importance!!!!!!

OMG! - did the Collins get a name change???

ROTFLMAO!

-t

TheTyke
01-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I am 98% sure I'm going, but haven't bought my ticket yet - just working out my finances and more importantly trying to arrange friends and family to come along. Ron is looking to see what kind of support he has, if we want him to run and win - we must win this poll at any cost!!! Everyone needs to try and make it!

Thomas
01-22-2011, 03:35 PM
C4L is not reaching their recruitment goals for CPAC...

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 04:15 PM
bump

FSP-Rebel
01-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Shouldn't every available YAL student in say a 100 mile radius of DC be going to this? I still have yet to hear any substantial plan being carried out by YAL for getting their troops to attend this. I'm not affiliated with them so I don't know what they're up to. It would be so much cheaper for us here if we could fund tix/logistics/transportation for the students over and above the adults we help out here. Anyways, bump.

tangent4ronpaul
01-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Shouldn't every available YAL student in say a 100 mile radius of DC be going to this? I still have yet to hear any substantial plan being carried out by YAL for getting their troops to attend this. I'm not affiliated with them so I don't know what they're up to. It would be so much cheaper for us here if we could fund tix/logistics/transportation for the students over and above the adults we help out here. Anyways, bump.

They are working it, but leaving everyone on their own for transportation and lodging other than pointing to C4L for lodging. They do provide links to options. Kind of ironic that they recomend flying into the most expensive airport in the area for convenience. Otherwise, a fair effort. They should really be pushing carpools and chartering buses, though.

http://www.yaliberty.org/cpac2011

-t

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 05:27 PM

if you don't make what you need make a chipin so we can help you go!

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 06:06 PM
if you don't make what you need make a chipin so we can help you go!Thanks, I appreciate that, but hope it won't come to it.

Vessol
01-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Matt, I ended up buying mine over the phone with a ticket to the Omni, completely forgot to name you as my reference :(.

As for anyone in a hundred mile radius of DC...you should go. It's going to be awesome.

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Matt, I ended up buying mine over the phone with a ticket to the Omni, completely forgot to name you as my reference :(.

As for anyone in a hundred mile radius of DC...you should go. It's going to be awesome.

you can call teri back and give the collins as a promo code she can do it!!

TheTyke
01-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Just curious, but can you use yourself as the promo code? Or doesn't that count... lol :)

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Just curious, but can you use yourself as the promo code? Or doesn't that count... lol :)
You have to have a specified amount of people to use your ticket first before they pay out.

Vessol
01-22-2011, 10:10 PM
you can call teri back and give the collins as a promo code she can do it!!

I sent an email to CFL :).

GunnyFreedom
01-22-2011, 10:40 PM
RonVoy vans would probably have increased participation by 25%. RonVoy vans plus cabins would probably have increased participation by 50%.

muzzled dogg
01-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah I'll be there

Gotta buy some clothes tho

libertybrewcity
01-22-2011, 11:04 PM
bump. bought my ticket. see you all there!

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 11:41 PM
I sent an email to CFL :).
Thanks man, you rock!

Agorism
01-23-2011, 12:05 AM
I have Friday off I believe on the 11th. Possible to come in Friday morning, vote, then fly out and be back by the evening...?

MRoCkEd
01-23-2011, 07:15 AM
I have Friday off I believe on the 11th. Possible to come in Friday morning, vote, then fly out and be back by the evening...?
Yes, you will need to be there to vote in the morning. Last year, voting was open about 9 to 11 am on Friday I believe.

MelissaCato
01-23-2011, 07:52 AM

This is what I was thinking. Maybe then I'd start a chip-in for the 5 or so people that wanna come with me. A chip-in for just myself I don't see happening. But for a group of us that are C4L members I will. I'm weird like that.

sailingaway
01-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Yes, you will need to be there to vote in the morning. Last year, voting was open about 9 to 11 am on Friday I believe.

Can you register on Friday?

Yieu
01-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Just bought mine! Thanks RPF for helping me get there. :)

sailingaway
01-23-2011, 09:13 AM

from a YAL email:

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1/images/This_Could_Be_You.JPG
( In the interests of accuracy, given the height of the cut out in the picture above, very likely that could not be you. It could possibly be Matt.)

For those traveling from a distance, lodging options are also running out! Adam's Inn, the bed and breakfast originally reserved only for YAL members, is completely SOLD OUT!

The entire conference is expected to draw more than 10,000 people this year, and hotel rooms are in limited supply. For those on a budget, here are several affordable, safe hotels close to metro stations:
For the full CPAC experience, you should purchase a discounted hotel room at the Omni Shoreham (next door to the conference) for as low as $251 total for all four nights. http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1&id=63cb84daeb&e=24268d41f1
Days Inn Silver Spring: $76/night; adjacent to the Red Line, which is also the line to get to CPAC http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1&id=eb476d42f8&e=24268d41f1
Motel 6 Washington DC: $54/night; Red Line adjacent http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1&id=cebdf3046f&e=24268d41f1
Travelodge Alexandria: $59/night; Blue Line adjacent, requires one transfer to get to CPAC http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1&id=89da9cae8f&e=24268d41f1
Silver Spring Travelodge: $50/night; Red Line adjacent http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1&id=f9141cfc03&e=24268d41f1
Also search at Airbnb, which indexes a number of inexpensive (but often really nice) alternative housing options

Even if you cannot make it to CPAC this year, please consider sponsoring a liberty-loving YAL student who may not otherwise be able to afford the trip.

For every $120 you contribute, YAL will reimburse the gas for a carpool of students traveling from out of town.

For every $11 you contribute, YAL will cover the ticket price for a single student

Finally, a one time contribution of $2,500 will offset 25% of YAL's entire CPAC budget.

Click here to donate: http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1&id=5c776426b9&e=24268d41f1

MRoCkEd
01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
People on the fence, what's stopping you?

muzzled dogg
01-23-2011, 04:29 PM
lol sailing

Imperial
01-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Just got an email from the state chairman of the Minnesota CR's, and it appears I could go to CPAC for $135 (a damn good deal!) However, I am worried about missing three days of classes at my college... Decisions, decisions...

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I will likely miss Thursday as we will be in session and voting on VoterID.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2011, 06:38 PM
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1/images/This_Could_Be_You.JPG

( In the interests of accuracy, given the height of the cut out in the picture above, very likely that could not be you. It could possibly be Matt.)

ROFL

+ :collins::collins::collins::collins::collins:

Icymudpuppy
01-23-2011, 06:40 PM
I would love to go, and have the cash, but have no time. When I was in college, I had time and no money. Now, I have money and no time. Anybody still need chipins?

MelissaWV
01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I would love to go, and have the cash, but have no time. When I was in college, I had time and no money. Now, I have money and no time. Anybody still need chipins?

I believe Yieu and Zack still need cashola.

Icymudpuppy
01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
I believe Yieu and Zack still need cashola.

I got Zack completed. Let me check into Yieu's chip-in....

Looks like Yieu is covered already.

Anybody else?

sailingaway
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I will likely miss Thursday as we will be in session and voting on VoterID.

I understand, but am still confirming, that you HAVE to be there first thing on Friday to vote, the voting doesn't go all day.

Carson
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Oh. Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC)

P.S. Usually I don't bother trying to figure out what acronyms stand for.

MRoCkEd
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
I got Zack completed. Let me check into Yieu's chip-in....

Looks like Yieu is covered already.

Anybody else?
Kyrie needs some help:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276421-ChipIn-for-Kyrie-from-San-Diego-CA-to-Washington-DC-in-time-for-CPAC-2011

Icymudpuppy
01-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Got her for $100. Anybody else?

MRoCkEd
01-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Got her for $100. Anybody else?

Tribute needs help too!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?275236-The-Long-Road-to-CPAC-is-Paved-With-Good-Intentions.

You're awesome! +Rep

Imperial
01-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Just got an email from the state chairman of the Minnesota CR's, and it appears I could go to CPAC for $135 (a damn good deal!) However, I am worried about missing three days of classes at my college... Decisions, decisions...

Well, I am now going. So there is one more RPFer for Ron!

Bergie Bergeron
01-23-2011, 10:33 PM
For liberty !

Matt Collins
01-23-2011, 11:13 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/IMG_0078_1e.jpg

college4life
01-23-2011, 11:27 PM
collins, shawty :collins:, have you reached your goal total to make it yet?

farrar
01-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Yes I bought a Ticket! Then my parents decided to deny me going because the "Roads are Icy and [I] will die" There was also problems with a 17 year old getting a hotel room...

I did use all the money I saved to start an online buisness. I got all the paper work, licenses, suppliers set I just need to finish up the website. I tried a year ago, but when I would call for information people would laugh at me and neglect to tell me what I needed to know. Unfortunately the website takes time between work and my classes. Its really annoying that my only line of credit is my partime job at chickfila. It would help if I could get a buisness credit card tied to my account, but I'm not 18. I'm too irresponsible to enter a legal binding contract I guess. What should I know about entering interpersonal contracts right? What do Libtertarian types like my self know about that sort of thing? Nope, I guess if things work out for me I'll have to add the time it takes to process orders to the time it takes for my customer to recieve their purchase. Waiting, thats great for being competetive. Ugh... Sometimes I just wish the world would let me fall on my ass once and awhile (and not always assume that I'm going to fall on my ass as well) but thats too much to ask I supose. 3 more months and i'll be 18. Its sad there appears to be an illusion that it makes diffrence.

Anyways, when you all go you should be sure to post pics and vids on the forum. I want to see whats up. This reminds me, I need to see about retracting my requested days off. :)

Matt Collins
01-24-2011, 12:18 AM
collins, shawty :collins:, have you reached your goal total to make it yet?No,

PLEASE BUY YOUR TICKET USING MY NAME!!!!

Matt Collins
01-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Yes I bought a Ticket! I hope you used my last name as your promo code?
Then my parents decided to deny me going because the "Roads are Icy and [I] will die"When and where are you driving from.

There was also problems with a 17 year old getting a hotel room...If you stay with the YAL / CFL then it isn't a problem because it's all a group.

Anyways, when you all go you should be sure to post pics and vids on the forum. I want to see whats up. This reminds me, I need to see about retracting my requested days off. :)What are you doing with your ticket? :confused:

Icymudpuppy
01-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Tribute needs help too!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?275236-The-Long-Road-to-CPAC-is-Paved-With-Good-Intentions.

You're awesome! +Rep

Alright. gave to him too.. I just figured out how to buy +rep. ;)

farrar
01-24-2011, 10:35 AM
I hope you used my last name as your promo code? When and where are you driving from.

If you stay with the YAL / CFL then it isn't a problem because it's all a group.

What are you doing with your ticket? :confused:

I bought it in October, I didn't know I could use your name as a promo code. It was only $11 for me though, (15 after I donated so more).

I would have drove from Savannah Georgia in my toyota tacoma.

I would have stayed with yal or cfl but my parents wouldn't let me. I'm still under their roof, and they are paying for my college so I can't rebel or anything. lol

I don't know what I am gonna do with it. I'm supposed to pick it up there, but since I won't be going... I'm looking into how I might be able to "free-up" a slot for others, but I can't find anything on how to. I'll have to call or something later today.

Matt Collins
01-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't know what I am gonna do with it. I'm supposed to pick it up there, but since I won't be going... I'm looking into how I might be able to "free-up" a slot for others, but I can't find anything on how to. I'll have to call or something later today.I believe you have until the end of January to get your money back. You should e-mail the CFL and see if you can xfer your ticket to someone.

sailingaway
01-24-2011, 11:06 AM
I bought it in October, I didn't know I could use your name as a promo code. It was only $11 for me though, (15 after I donated so more).

I would have drove from Savannah Georgia in my toyota tacoma.

I would have stayed with yal or cfl but my parents wouldn't let me. I'm still under their roof, and they are paying for my college so I can't rebel or anything. lol

I don't know what I am gonna do with it. I'm supposed to pick it up there, but since I won't be going... I'm looking into how I might be able to "free-up" a slot for others, but I can't find anything on how to. I'll have to call or something later today.

Brandon was saying he wished he could get those tickets. I don't know if he is a student, but if he is, maybe you could get it to him?

PermanentSleep
01-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Quick question: I go to a medical school that has mandatory class attendance. If I were to leave Thursday after class (miss CPAC Thursday) it would still be worthwhile to come because the voting is on Friday, yes? I think I can talk my dean into letting me miss Friday excused, but I doubt I can talk her into Thursday as well.

ronpaulhawaii
01-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Quick question: I go to a medical school that has mandatory class attendance. If I were to leave Thursday after class (miss CPAC Thursday) it would still be worthwhile to come because the voting is on Friday, yes? I think I can talk my dean into letting me miss Friday excused, but I doubt I can talk her into Thursday as well.

Yes, voting is traditionally open for Fri morning. Definitely worthwhile, we need all hands on deck for this.

sailingaway
01-24-2011, 02:23 PM

Yes, I checked with CPAC and they said you could check in and vote Friday. Make sure you do it in the morning though because last time they ended voting early. Also, Rand and Ron have an event (after the separately priced sponsor dinner) on Thursday night if you can make it, discussing liberty. It is chaired by Tom Woods. Also, Ron's speech is Friday.

Our list of invited guests include: Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Tom Woods, Campaign for Liberty President John Tate and more to be announced!

8:00pm-10:00pm Liberty Forum Thurgood Marshall Ballroom South/West
Don't miss what will be the event at CPAC that will have EVERYONE talking. Ron Paul and Rand Paul will speak on issues of life, liberty, and restoring our Constitution. This "Meet the Press" style discussion will be hosted by Tom Woods. This personal format grants you an inside look into the thoughts of the freedom movement's biggest stars.

Director Tad Lumpkin will also be having an exclusive showing of "The American Dream Film" his latest project, tackling the Federal Reserve.

Seating is extremely limited and first preference is given to those who have a CPAC ticket. Buy yours today!

PermanentSleep
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes, I checked with CPAC and they said you could check in and vote Friday. Make sure you do it in the morning though because last time they ended voting early. Also, Rand and Ron have an event (after the separately priced sponsor dinner) on Thursday night if you can make it, discussing liberty. It is chaired by Tom Woods. Also, Ron's speech is Friday.

awesome. Thanks for the info!

MRoCkEd
01-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Bump

Bergie Bergeron
01-26-2011, 01:22 PM
So many forum members but only 54 have voted :(

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 01:34 PM
There are two chip ins going that need love:

http://cpac2011joseph.chipin.com/cpac-2011

and

http://cpac2011forliberty.chipin.com/cpac-2011 (second one covers 2 people.)

Bergie Bergeron
01-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Bump

Bergie Bergeron
01-27-2011, 11:00 AM
blimp

Bergie Bergeron
01-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Blimp

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Bump