PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Boo! - Newt Gingrich Plans to Run for President in 2012

FrankRep
01-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Newt Gingrich tells Georgia Republicans he’ll be a candidate in 2012 (http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2011/01/21/a-newt-gingrich-presidential-campaign-out-of-buckhead/)

Atlanta Journal-Constitution
January 21, 2011

In the last 24 hours, former U.S. House speaker Newt Gingrich has touched base with several prominent Republicans in his former home state, telling them that he intends to make a run for president in 2012 using Georgia as his base – and that he already has his eye on office space in Buckhead for a campaign headquarters.

The Real Newt Gingrich

http://www.vimeo.com/6445068

Newt Gingrich is often viewed as a conservative politician. This video is a speech John McManus, president of the John Birch society, gave which exposes the REAL Newt Gingrich by examining his track record and showing his true motivations.

Newt Gingrich: The Establishment’s Conservative
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/2396-newt-gingrich-the-establishments-conservative?showall=1

The Grinch Who Stole Conservatism -- Newt Gingrich
http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/?p=1997

Southron
01-22-2011, 10:51 AM
This guy will be a serious threat to win the nomination IMO.

LatinsforPaul
01-22-2011, 10:58 AM
The more Neo-Cons, the merrier. This will dilute or split the neo-con vote even more. :D

Sola_Fide
01-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Too many negatives. He can't win.

erowe1
01-22-2011, 11:12 AM
The more Neo-Cons, the merrier. This will dilute or split the neo-con vote even more. :D

+1

ItsTime
01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
'"Liberal" Republican Newt Gingrich Plans Presidential Bid'

RileyE104
01-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Is there a shorter video that sums up why Gingrich is bad?

SamuraisWisdom
01-22-2011, 11:39 AM

I disagree. While it will split the vote, the more neoconservative opinions during the debates the more it makes RP look like an outsider much like 2008. And while sometimes it's good to be the outsider, when it comes to politics the more people sharing your opinion the more valid you come off. Let's hope we get more Tea Party people involved in the 2012 campaign.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Show the one with him and Pelosi promoting the Government enforced Carbon Tax, and his belief in Global Warming. I really do not see how Newt can win, then again, we are talking about Neoconnized Republicans.

erowe1
01-22-2011, 11:42 AM

That's a good idea. Something that gives a litany of liberalism for him. We should have videos like that for every other candidate.

IIRC from the last time I saw that JBS Gingrich video, there are some significant more recent things that could be added to it, such as some of the environmentalist stuff that he did in partnership with Gore and Kerry, and his endorsement of Scozzafava in 2009.

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Why did this come out today on a Saturday, the worst of all possible days for news releases?

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 11:50 AM
How'd that work for us in 2008? :confused: :rolleyes:

erowe1
01-22-2011, 11:52 AM
I disagree. While it will split the vote, the more neoconservative opinions during the debates the more it makes RP look like an outsider much like 2008. And while sometimes it's good to be the outsider, when it comes to politics the more people sharing your opinion the more valid you come off. Let's hope we get more Tea Party people involved in the 2012 campaign.

There's definitely truth to your point. But with or without the marginalizing effect of those debates, RP needs to place at least in the top three in both Iowa and New Hampshire, and have different candidates win and/or place above him in both states (if the same person wins 1st in both, it's over), and he probably won't be able to get more than 20% of the vote. The primary season needs to be long and drawn out, like the dems were in 2008, and RP needs to be considered a top tier candidate throughout the duration. For all that, diluting the establishment GOP vote helps us.

ItsTime

Well Ron Paul got 2% of the vote so we only need 7 more blimps and 50 more Neo-Republican candidates in order for us to win!

erowe1

I definitely think it helped us in 2008.

Travlyr
01-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Newt brings more wars. Maybe this is a real threat, maybe it's not... I don't know... I haven't read the book. At any rate, Newt is willing to make North Korea submit.

Fox, "If you were president, what would you do about this North Korea problem?
Gingrich, "I would use whatever methods were necessary for the missiles to never be launched."
Fox, "So that's military?"
Gingrich, "If necessary. If I can't find a way to bribe somebody to blow it up, I'd find a way to have a small team go in, or a way to deliver either a laser or another device."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNRg69gCFis

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2011, 12:02 PM

It's less face time for Ron if there's more to muddy the waters... then the clueless zombie Americans rely of corporate media to push their ringer and controlled opposition.

Matt Collins
01-22-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3qT32jZ-4g

HOLLYWOOD
01-22-2011, 12:05 PM
It will be far more effective to build dossiers against all these bad candidates and protest each one on all their failings when in the public pandering, than to support Ron with Sign waiving.

LatinsforPaul
01-22-2011, 12:10 PM

I disagree. The fact that RP was the only outsider in the 2008 debates, is the reason this former Democrat is now a registered Republican and an avid Ron Paul devotee. Peace. ;)

pcosmar
01-22-2011, 12:17 PM
http://glasscityjungle.com/wp-content/gallery/blog-posts/newt02.jpg

For Prez.

:(

silentshout
01-22-2011, 01:52 PM
If he is the nominee, Obama will win by a massive margin. Gingrich is horrible.

Brian4Liberty
01-22-2011, 02:03 PM
While it will split the vote, the more neoconservative opinions during the debates the more it makes RP look like an outsider much like 2008. And while sometimes it's good to be the outsider, when it comes to politics the more people sharing your opinion the more valid you come off. Let's hope we get more Tea Party people involved in the 2012 campaign.

Agreed. There is groupthink involved here. Casual political observers base their opinions on the opinions of others. The most prevelent opinion becomes theirs, unless they happen to be intentionally contrarian. ;)

Yes, the neo-conservatives and the establishment have no problem stacking the deck in their favor. They like to have 9 horses in a 10 horse race. After the Primaries, they usually have both horses in a two horse race. They put up 9 horses because they never know for sure who will catch traction, or who will stumble. And they get to change horses during the race...they don't put all of their eggs in one basket.

youngbuck
01-22-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't know who is worse - Gingrich or Obama. I'm leaning toward Gingrich because he's just THAT bad.

TNforPaul45
01-22-2011, 02:04 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/wwggsw.jpg