PDA

View Full Version : if I told you that almost 50% of the Unites States tax receipts went to military...

Mortikhi
10-22-2007, 08:07 AM
if I told you that almost 50% of the Unites States tax receipts went to military spending, would you think me a liar? Well I would be, because it’s more than 50%. Ask yourself why, when we have a friendly nation to our north and a friendly nation to our south and an ocean to our east and one to the west, and a missile system and an Air force that could knock out an invading navy without a problem, then why are we spending half of our budget on military expenditures?

Would it upset you to know that China, the #2 country for military expenditures only spends 6% of its budget on the military? Russia, #3, is the same. Iran, the big boogie man of the Middle East that we are so worried about according to Dick Cheney, is #27 with a whopping $4.9 Billion Dollar budget with 1% of their budget spent on the military. It’s estimated that the United States will spend 52% of its budget, and 481.4 Billion dollars on defense this year, and that’s not counting the money for the war in Iraq which so far we have spent $130 Billion Dollars on this year and another $190 Billion that the President has requested. Isn’t this a little bit of overkill?
more here http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_timothy__071021__22commonsense_22_and_ou.ht m

Man from La Mancha
10-22-2007, 08:13 AM
How disgusting and tragic.

xcalybur
10-22-2007, 09:01 AM
This is a sad state of affairs. If we didn't try to police the world then maybe a lot of these radical countries could start to work out their differences. But we want them radicalized. The Giant War machine doesn't make money when there isn' a war to fight.

This is a sad state of affairs.

kylejack
10-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Somehow we got convinced that it was our job to be policemen of the world. Other countries send hundreds of troops and we're expected to spend hundreds of thousands of troops. We have bases in Japan, Germany, Korea...these countries can have a very small or even non-existent military, because they have us to defend them. They can spend the money they save on social programs. We are thusly subsidizing the social programs of other countries. Its time to cut off the milk and make them grow up.

Richard
10-22-2007, 02:21 PM
As a tourist I was shocked and horrored at military activity in your country...trains of tanks....bunkers in the land....off limit areas, large areas....air force activity. That was from OK to LA.
Its easy to see why that expenditure is correct.

I have to say...what the hell are you doing??

YOu act as big brother ...well in the playground the bullie always goes down eventually.
Time you pulled your heads in and did something decent for the world....like electric cars
A few million would get them produced in comparison to a billion or two to create a war