PDA

View Full Version : Guess who just called me

maggiebott
10-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Don't know if you recall Reader's Digest omitting Ron Paul from their vote online. My renewel came weeks ago and I stuck a note in that said I would never purchase their Magazine because of the bias vote.

Somone from Ohio called me minutes ago to inquire about my cancelling the subscription. I told him its the only way we can fight the neocon bastards who want to censor Ron Paul. We won't buy your products!

aksmith
10-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Nice.

wgadget
10-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I've come to realize that there is a definite neocon slant to this magazine. My mother-in-law actually buys me RD and National Geographic each year. I hate them both!

MsDoodahs
10-22-2007, 08:11 AM
lol, cancel the subscriptions, demand refunds, and send the refund money in your MIL's name to RP!

Joe Knows
10-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Don't know if you recall Reader's Digest omitting Ron Paul from their vote online. My renewel came weeks ago and I stuck a note in that said I would never purchase their Magazine because of the bias vote.

Somone from Ohio called me minutes ago to inquire about my cancelling the subscription. I told him its the only way we can fight the neocon bastards who want to censor Ron Paul. We won't buy your products!

I did the same thing with my subscriptions. I no longer take Reader's Digest and I no longer have Human Events.

Chester Copperpot
10-22-2007, 08:17 AM
I didnt know about this.. I get a free subscription to RD; I am going to cancel it and tell them that I dont even want it for free.

nexalacer
10-22-2007, 08:19 AM
If you have any business reply mail cards from them, you should wrap all the issues of RD you still have in paper bags, affix the business reply mail card on the outside with a message about censorship and its penalties.

The parcel will likely weigh a lot and since it's business reply mail, they HAVE to pay. Might as well stick it to them financially in two ways!

UCFGavin
10-22-2007, 08:24 AM
what did he say when you told him why you weren't renewing?

V4Vendetta
10-22-2007, 08:29 AM
yeah, yeah, what did he say?

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-22-2007, 08:33 AM
I'll add Readers Digest to the boycott list at www.RonPaulsRebels.com

A Ron Paul Rebel

p.s. What's with 'Human Events'? Are they dishonest and biased as well?

maggiebott
10-22-2007, 08:54 AM
LOL...he said, well you have a great day now. I replied, and you should seriously consider voting for Ron Paul if you plan on having a family.

American
10-22-2007, 08:57 AM
This is great, this is the way you can really hurt them. Always hit the wallet and they will take notice.

Joe Knows
10-22-2007, 09:26 AM
p.s. What's with 'Human Events'? Are they dishonest and biased as well?

I got an email newsletter from them a few months ago. They wrote articles about all the Presidential candidates, but did not include Ron. Here is the link. I have no idea whether or not it has been updated.

http://emailoffers.humaneventsonline.com/offers/offer.php?id=GIZZ001

Anyway, I cancelled my subscription.