PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: The 'Sign' of a Bad Campaign

Bradley in DC
10-22-2007, 07:51 AM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/community_conway_blog/2007/10/ron-paul-the-si.html

Ron Paul: The 'Sign' of a Bad Campaign

posted by Chris Gent on Oct 21, 2007 10:57:56 PM

This is a rant...

I drove home from downtown Orlando today and passed 27 Ron Paul for President campaign signs -- 16 in Conway alone. Some were professional signs; most were handmade signs with phrases like "Google Ron Paul" or "Ron Paul Revolution."

The signs were posted illegally in public right-of-ways, nailed on utility poles, taped to utility transformers, erected on private property without the permission of the owners and some even blocked the line of sight for busy intersections. I even saw a Ron Paul campaign volunteer purposely damage a downtown tree in order to erect a campaign sign.

I don't know Ron Paul and I certainly don't have anything against him running for President of the United States. This is America, after all. Anyone can run for president.

But when you run for president your principles should guide your actions and those of your campaign volunteers.

What does it say about a candidate whose volunteers choose to snub local code enforcement laws, trespass on private property, damage beautiful trees and endanger the safety of the driving public? It speaks volumes.

I'm all for a spirited campaign, but let's obey local laws and be considerate of others and their property. That goes for ALL the presidential candidates.

You may now return to the neighborhood.

wgadget
10-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Ron Paul: The "Sign" of a Squelched Campaign

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 07:56 AM
What does it say about a candidate whose volunteers choose to .... trespass on private property, damage beautiful trees and endanger the safety of the driving public? It speaks volumes.

I'm all for a spirited campaign, but let's obey local laws and be considerate of others and their property. That goes for ALL the presidential candidates.

I certainly agree with this part. Dr. Paul would not exactly agree with trespassing on people's private property or hanging signs haphazardly such that they could injure someone who is driving beneath them. If anyone is doing these things, you've got to know that Dr. Paul would take a dim view of it. Which makes me wonder why anyone would do these things, if you're really trying to further this campaign.

KewlRonduderules
10-22-2007, 07:57 AM
I have seen many signs from many different candidates throughout the years. They did the exact same things. Is it right? No. In fact, it is disrespectful. But what is interesting is how they put so much attention to Dr. Paul.

Yet in 2004 and in 2006, there were so many signs from Kerry to Martinez pasted everywhere in New Jersey. I would drive by farms where I live and would see signs for repubicans and democrats within proximity of one another. I doubt farmers gave permission for these signs.

kylejack
10-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey dudes, CAN YOU HANG TEN?

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Attacking the messenger is the oldest method known to suppress truth.

the rEVOLution will NOT be televised

sure WWRPD I understand, but you have to remember WWYD for your children's future?

LizF
10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Discussion on this article/blog from last night:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27554

Mortikhi
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Pics or it didnt happen

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
re: WWYD.

Making people mad because we do not respect their private property or accidentally being responsible for someone's injury or death, because we felt it necessary to improperly hang a banner from an overpass, are not exactly things that further our cause. In fact, it does great damage to it.

Get fired up; you bet! But, instead of acting like some kind of immature hooligans, we could actually get fired up about going door-to-door and handing out Slim Jims, or setting up RP tables at each and every gun show in our state.

The goal isn't to see how many laws we can manage to break, or even how many signs we can manage to put up per square inch. The goal is to get as many Americans as possible, to understand Ron's stances and to vote for him.

Do you agree?

Brinck Slattery
10-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Agreed - Try to post your signs on private property with the permission of the owner. Anywhere else is questionable, and even though the national campaign has nothing to do with most of the signs, they're the ones who get angry phone calls from municipal legal departments threatening to sue. So yeah, save Ron Paul's money, put up legal signs! (unless, of course, it's something sooooo mindblowingly cool that you must do it...)

literatim
10-22-2007, 08:10 AM
So how does he know it was on private property without permission?

ronpaulfan
10-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Hey Bradley, quit posting duplicate threads! :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27554

We came to the consensus that blog post was a fake

Revolution9
10-22-2007, 08:20 AM
I certainly agree with this part. Dr. Paul would not exactly agree with trespassing on people's private property or hanging signs haphazardly such that they could injure someone who is driving beneath them. If anyone is doing these things, you've got to know that Dr. Paul would take a dim view of it. Which makes me wonder why anyone would do these things, if you're really trying to further this campaign.

The ranter is a jerk. Where is his proof they trespassed?? As though people who own property do't vote for RP.. As though the roads and byways belog to the town council and not the people who pay for them. Stop taking these clowns word. Bradley is turning into an agitator by spreading these malicious unfounded rumors. I am with wgadget here. They are the signs of a pissed off electorate. They want the signs down? Crank up the media coverage to levels deemed fair. Other than that..deal wth our "rudeness" of placing signs in OUR OWN FUCKING neighborhoods and towns.

I got a rant for the ranter.. I suspect he would be a lipid charged pile of steamingingly putrid organic morass after I finish with his rumor mongering hide.

Randy

Bossobass
10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Yeah, he's '...all for a spirited campaign...' as long as someone else provides the spirit and he gets to judge the efforts.

Another do-nothing judge. Just what America doesn't need any more of.

I support every effort to get Ron's name in front of the public. As the war, economy, inflation, stock market, housing market and jobs market continue to worsen, Ron's name will be remembered as the way out.

I've met some hard core supporters, but none of them has blatant disregard for America or Americans. The signage is temporary, the message is timeless. Those who don't appreciate that will probably vote for Hillary in any case and take it up the ass for 8 more years.

I'm sick to death of self appointed, do-nothing, know it all judges. The fact that he admits to not knowing Ron Paul tells me all I need to know. And, NO...'anyone' CAN'T run for President.

There must have been a huge spike in car accidents? The owners of the private proerty he mentions must have called him to complain? The beautiful tree deaths were no doubt on the front page this morning (glad someone is looking out for those)? The local code enforcement officer certainly must have informed him of the codes that were violated?

Double-digit inflation, sub prime paper, rigged elections, war deaths, preemptive nuclear war, oil prices, dollar tanking, taxes rising, deficit topping 9 trillion, Social Security being robbed blind, etc., etc. But, we should count the RP signs and note whether they are hand made or printed, and where they are placed so that our rant will contain the exact number and correct facts. :confused:

What a crock of $hit.

Bosso

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 08:26 AM
I was reading some of the comments on the site. Is it true that some of the other candidates were given twice as many tickets as was our campaign? Dr. Paul mentioned something about tickets in the spin room afterwards.

Bradley, do you know anything about this?

steph3n
10-22-2007, 08:27 AM
as many Dr Paul supports as i saw in orlando yesterday, I have no doubt at LEAST 90% of these signs are on their property!

There may be some 10% no, and we shouldn't encourage putting it on people's property without permissions, but otherwise, GO FOR IT! and don't let the govt dictate to you that you can't put whatever you want on YOUR PROPERTY, stand up for your rights!

steph3n
10-22-2007, 08:28 AM
I was reading some of the comments on the site. Is it true that some of the other candidates were given twice as many tickets as was our campaign? Dr. Paul mentioned something about tickets in the spin room afterwards.

yes it was true, only a small handful were given :(

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 08:28 AM

Making people mad because we do not respect their private property or accidentally being responsible for someone's injury or death, because we felt it necessary to improperly hang a banner from an overpass, are not exactly things that further our cause. In fact, it does great damage to it.

Get fired up; you bet! But, instead of acting like some kind of immature hooligans, we could actually get fired up about going door-to-door and handing out Slim Jims, or setting up RP tables at each and every gun show in our state.

The goal isn't to see how many laws we can manage to break, or even how many signs we can manage to put up per square inch. The goal is to get as many Americans as possible, to understand Ron's stances and to vote for him.

Do you agree?

Agreed :) Well said

mdh
10-22-2007, 08:29 AM
What does it say about the candidate? That he inspires a lot of people with a great message that resonates with lots of US citizens! What it says about some of the supporters on the other hand seems to be that they just aren't concerned with the rule of law, which I think is unfortunate.

steph3n
10-22-2007, 08:30 AM
What does it say about the candidate? That he inspires a lot of people with a great message that resonates with lots of US citizens! What it says about some of the supporters on the other hand seems to be that they just aren't concerned with the rule of law, which I think is unfortunate.

problem is this writer is wrongly stating it as fact that these people don't want the signs, when if you go to orlando there is a real groundswell of support!

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 08:30 AM
yes it was true, only a small handful were given :(

What excuse were they giving for this? Do you know?

steph3n
10-22-2007, 08:32 AM
What excuse were they giving for this? Do you know?

"limited seating"
aka Rudy and romney pre-purchased all the seats.

We had a massive number of supporters in Orlando yesterday!

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 08:37 AM

Do you agree?

NO I don't agree

GOOGLE "Boston TEA PARTY" if you like....

Benjamin Franklin felt bad about the destruction of the private property in this action (where they destroyed the tea but respectfully locked the gate back up)....some volunteered to reimburse the cost.....BUT YOU NEED ACTION!!! If people won't step on toes and violate silly ordinaces in the process then what do you really expect???

You actually believe we are going to topple the controllers of our republic by "following the rules"???

I think that is naive at best. Paul was 100% right in 1988 as he is today and he has called for a duplication of the colonial revolution....study history.

Hook
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Those who don't appreciate that will probably vote for Hillary in any case and take it up the ass for 8 more years.

Bosso

Are you saying that Hillary has a penis? :eek:

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 08:46 AM
"limited seating"
aka Rudy and romney pre-purchased all the seats.

We had a massive number of supporters in Orlando yesterday!

Then, the campaign needs to make sure they are on top of this for future debates and pre-purchase seats.

steph3n
10-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Then, the campaign needs to make sure they are on top of this for future debates and pre-purchase seats.
I don't think it works that way, the whole FL GOP was highly against him even being here, if you want me to give you a call or PM on it, just tell me there, and will discuss with with you in private, no need for it to be on the forums :)

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 08:49 AM
NO I don't agree

GOOGLE "Boston TEA PARTY" if you like....

Benjamin Franklin felt bad about the destruction of the private property in this action (where they destroyed the tea but respectfully locked the gate back up)....some volunteered to reimburse the cost.....BUT YOU NEED ACTION!!! If people won't step on toes and violate silly ordinaces in the process then what do you really expect???

You actually believe we are going to topple the controllers of our republic by "following the rules"???

I think that is naive at best. Paul was 100% right in 1988 as he is today and he has called for a duplication of the colonial revolution....study history.

Funny, I'm not seeing how putting a Ron Paul sign up on someone's private property, without permission, equates to the Boston Tea Party. :rolleyes:

If you do, you don't have much respect for our Founders.

American
10-22-2007, 08:56 AM
SO is the blog bullshit or not, if it is then why is this continuing?

It doesnt matter, you cant do anything right in Florida, there is something wrong with the people there, they have no common sense and I hope they get swept away with the next big hurricane or at least be called what they are, a Island of Cuba.

freelance
10-22-2007, 08:58 AM

Well, let's just make our own educated guesses. ;-)

mavtek
10-22-2007, 09:10 AM
How does this asshat know that the people who own the property didn't put the signs up or approve of them?

Get out of town asshat!

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Funny, I'm not seeing how putting a Ron Paul sign up on someone's private property, without permission, equates to the Boston Tea Party. :rolleyes:

If you do, you don't have much respect for our Founders.

the whole event was carried on private property and destroyed private property.

BTW every damn mainstream channel in america is bombarding my property with their signals right now.

skiingff
10-22-2007, 09:15 AM
SO is the blog bullshit or not, if it is then why is this continuing?

It doesnt matter, you cant do anything right in Florida, there is something wrong with the people there, they have no common sense and I hope they get swept away with the next big hurricane or at least be called what they are, a Island of Cuba.

:eek: LOL