PDA

View Full Version : The sheep choice and freestate projects (or, rambling thoughts)

MsDoodahs
10-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Do people have the right to choose to be sheep?

I think they do.

I've also come to think that a majority of Americans are happy to be sheep, they prefer to be lied to by slickster politicians, etc, etc.

So now, I think maybe supporting freestate projects is the best option we've got.

When economic calamity finally hits the nation, I expect it to Balkanize.

Perhaps being established in a state with a strong freestater movement would be the best option.

Thoughts?

Shiranu
10-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Maybe, maybe. How big is texas' movement, I live near San Antonio, but am only 18, so stuff like this is pretty new 2 me.

Edit: I've also been all for getting Texas out of the U.S.A, till Paul came along, so it sounds like a good idea to me. That is what the freestate movement is about, yes?

MsDoodahs
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Basically, yeah. The idea as I understand it is freedom advocates move into a state, take control of the political system within the state from local levels on up...

Anyone know which states have the most advanced movements along this line?

constituent
10-22-2007, 09:15 AM
uhhh... plenty of freedom advocates in texas already w/out inviting the drama and
the attention of the feds.

Shiranu, you're probably too young to remember when "the republic of texas" group
had their standoff out in West Texas back in the 90's. While that was going on, a fellow
decided to establish their all gold and silver bank in the old bank building in my hometown.
The feds followed of course and setup shop as well.

As you get older I think you'll find that most texans support secession wholeheartedly.
However, politically starting your argument from this perspective is a non-starter b/c people
who try to form a "group" about it are generally seen as agitators (and likely tied to the
police, see COINTELPRO). Yes, most people in Texas are aware of what is going on w/ the
government on many many many levels.

As a young person growing up in this state it is very difficult to get past the media/hollywood
image of texans as dumb country bumpkins. It is imperative that you move past that mode
of thinking. The time will come where secession is inevitable, but we won't get there simply by approaching it as our goal.

Secession is an end, not a means.

-Texas First!

Syren123
10-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Basically, yeah. The idea as I understand it is freedom advocates move into a state, take control of the political system within the state from local levels on up...

Anyone know which states have the most advanced movements along this line?

New Hampshire already is in full swing, but I read that Montana is working toward it as well.

I signed up with New Hampshire to support them, but in reality, I'd much more likely move to Montana.

CA will be one of the first and most seriously affected states to Balkanize. It's already happening. I'm planning my escape.