PDA

View Full Version : tell gop liberty caucus that RP don't want senate seat, they should back him, not gary jo

muzzled dogg
01-20-2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.facebook.com/RepublicanLiberty

^^^^
discussing now

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 06:05 PM
They are absolutely hawking Johnson for Pres, and GJ supporters have been hawking this senate seat and how good Ron would be for it. I'm concerned about it because they are saying things like 'Ron says Gary is the best choice' and he'll be at CPAC! which makes it sound to RP supporters not plugged in like Ron isn't running.

These guys are taking a huge risk for little gain imho. They might hurt Ron's showing at CPAC but that will only piss us off, and won't get GJ anything.

Matt Collins
01-21-2011, 02:39 AM
If Ron loses CPAC to Romney and the difference between Ron and Romney is smaller than the amount of votes received by GJ, I can tell you now that some people around here are going to become unglued, and that there will be hell to pay. It won't go over well, which is all the more reason to keep GJ off of the CPAC straw poll this time around (Rand too for that matter).

rich34
01-21-2011, 08:28 AM
I've been sayin to hell with Gary Johnson for a long time now. Not saying he ain't better than most, but dammit HE IS NO RON PAUL!! I don't know who these folks are and they have every right to support whomever they want for president, but if/when they start spreading false info, then it's gettin personal and it's OUR jobs to let everyone know who the REAL DEAL is and that of course is Dr. Ron Paul.

Elwar
01-21-2011, 08:41 AM
It's all about marketing. Johnson has been marketing to the RLC for the past year and from the looks of things it's working.

Ron Paul hasn't been big in the RLC, even in 2008 so it's not like Johnson was taking anything from Paul.

He's covering places that Ron Paul hasn't been focussed on and it's working for him. If he gets $1 million in donations and we find out that he got it all from Green Party members, people here will be screaming that those donations should have gone to Ron Paul...even if Ron Paul hasn't been marketing to Green Party members.

The two can cover more ground. All ships rise with the liberty ship when people are informed of the liberty message.

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 09:37 AM
The two can cover more ground. All ships rise with the liberty ship when people are informed of the liberty message.

Not when they are in competition, no. That is the sort of platitude that makes no sense when you examine it in this context.

I'm sorry, because this answer isn't really aimed at you, but you raised the statement I see over and over used to try to get support behind competitors of RP. If someone said the same thing about tenth amendment supporters and said therefore all here should also be pushing Palin, would it strike you the same way? Particularly at a time when they are marshaling competition against each other?

When they aren't competing head to head, it is great for the liberty candidates all to get attention. But if Ron is running, creating buzz for a person touting HIMSELF as 'like Ron Paul but better' does not help Ron be the ONE winner, and he will need all margin he has in support in the GOP. That he is saying he is 'like Ron Paul but better' shows he is specifically aiming at people who are drawn towards Ron, and might be open to voting for Ron, and is using Ron's popularity to get support from Ron. That is my view of it. Pushing the overall philosophy is great, but in an election you can only have one candidate for each office.

rich34
01-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Not when they are in competition, no. That is the sort of platitude that makes no sense when you examine it in this context.

That he is saying he is 'like Ron Paul but better' shows he is specifically aiming at people who are drawn towards Ron, and might be open to voting for Ron, and is using Ron's popularity to get support from Ron. .

This is EXACTLY the problem I have with Gary who??? This CHUMP is going about acting as if he's some Ron Paul or as you said, even better than the man himself, so it doesn't take much sense to realize that Mr. Gary WHO, is trying to siphon votes away from Ron Paul. I've never really liked Gary WHO, and now that it appears he's seriously trying to co-opt Ron's supporters I see him as nothing more than the typical political SCUM!! If this man is serious about getting a liberty candidate elected then surely he knows that ONLY Ron Paul has a serious chance at winning the nomination.

If this man can raise a million dollars then good for him, but if it gets to a point in the election where he knows he's not going to remotely come close to winning or is just a blimp on the radar and doesn't drop out before Iowa and NH then imo, we'll know exactly why Mr. WHO is throwing his hat in the ring for the upcoming presidential race and that will be to derail Ron Paul.

I hope I'm wrong about this and that Gary who is really a supporter of freedom. And if so, the best thing for him to do would be to run and gain as much support as possible in the GOP (which will be 1-3% if that,) and maybe a month before Iowa n NH drop out and endorse RP and throw his money, support and everything he's got into Ron's campaign. I highly doubt this scenario will happen, but I'd love to be wrong and would even come back and give Mr. Who big time props for doing what I mentioned above.

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
And if so, the best thing for him to do would be to run and gain as much support as possible in the GOP (which will be 1-3% if that,) and maybe a month before Iowa n NH drop out and endorse RP and throw his money, support and everything he's got into Ron's campaign. I highly doubt this scenario will happen, but I'd love to be wrong and would even come back and give Mr. Who big time props for doing what I mentioned above.

I even see that as taking from Ron, because Ron needs the early buzz to show he is a serious candidate, given he was so successfully marginalized last time. If GJ actually makes a dent in the straw polls otherwise Ron's for the taking, that will be a real loss to building momentum for Ron's campaign.

That doesn't mean competitors have a duty to not compete, but as you say if his goal is really to put the most push behind a liberty candidate, his diluting the pool of supporters is not the way to do it. If he were running for Senate or governor he'd have support, but not against Ron, and taking this path, imho he will lose a lot of support he would otherwise have had, for other ventures.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-21-2011, 10:47 AM
They are absolutely hawking Johnson for Pres, and GJ supporters have been hawking this senate seat and how good Ron would be for it. I'm concerned about it because they are saying things like 'Ron says Gary is the best choice' and he'll be at CPAC! which makes it sound to RP supporters not plugged in like Ron isn't running.

Figures. I'm getting at the point where I will not vote for Gary Johnson even if Ron Paul isn't running.

If Ron loses CPAC to Romney and the difference between Ron and Romney is smaller than the amount of votes received by GJ, I can tell you now that some people around here are going to become unglued, and that there will be hell to pay. It won't go over well, which is all the more reason to keep GJ off of the CPAC straw poll this time around (Rand too for that matter).

That would be a really sucky way to lose this.

FSP-Rebel
01-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm wondering if Johnson's pac is sponsoring tickets to CPAC like C4L/YAL is. If not, I can't see him doing that well but I do see the point of him siphoning a few %s that might be needed to help Paul take it. I just got an email from Johnson today boasting about his recent trip to NH and all the events he attended and all the interviews he did. He's already planning another field trip to NH in Feb which will be his 7th.

speciallyblend
01-21-2011, 01:52 PM

These guys are taking a huge risk for little gain imho. They might hurt Ron's showing at CPAC but that will only piss us off, and won't get GJ anything.

exactly, it is time to flood facebook with Ron Paul 2012 Paul/Johnson 2012 CPAC 2011

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm wondering if Johnson's pac is sponsoring tickets to CPAC like C4L/YAL is. If not, I can't see him doing that well but I do see the point of him siphoning a few %s that might be needed to help Paul take it. I just got an email from Johnson today boasting about his recent trip to NH and all the events he attended and all the interviews he did. He's already planning another field trip to NH in Feb which will be his 7th.

Yes they are selling discounted CPAC packages, with a cover email by Republican Liberty Caucus trumpeting that GJ will be there and that he was there last year with Tom Woods and Judge Napalitano, but ignoring the fact that all three appeared not at CPAC proper but in a forum run at CPAC by C4L, last year. Neither C4L nor Ron were mentioned in the email, at all. In fact a link for this was posted in the RonPaul 2012 forum, by Matt.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?275508-Gary-Johnson-promoting-CPAC-and-RLC

rich34
01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I even see that as taking from Ron, because Ron needs the early buzz to show he is a serious candidate, given he was so successfully marginalized last time. If GJ actually makes a dent in the straw polls otherwise Ron's for the taking, that will be a real loss to building momentum for Ron's campaign.

That doesn't mean competitors have a duty to not compete, but as you say if his goal is really to put the most push behind a liberty candidate, his diluting the pool of supporters is not the way to do it. If he were running for Senate or governor he'd have support, but not against Ron, and taking this path, imho he will lose a lot of support he would otherwise have had, for other ventures.

Dude, you're preaching to the choir! I agree totally with what you're saying, but what I was referring to was if WHO decides to run. I was in no way saying "hey lets do this." I was just recognizing the fact that if Gary WHO decides to run we can't do much about it. Yes we can shoot off emails and encourage him to back Ron, but if that don't work we better have a damn good backup plan.

I'm afraid Gury might be apart of the same ole crew and will go along with the establishments wishes of trying to divide up the vote. Lets hope not and he backs Ron from the get go.

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 02:02 PM
exactly, it is time to flood facebook with Ron Paul 2012 Paul/Johnson 2012 CPAC 2011

Why should we flood it for Johnson? And why facebook?