PDA

View Full Version : New Gary J. Letter Plays Up His NH Visit

Tinnuhana
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
January 20, 2011

It is always a good week when both the Huffington Post and the National Review have nice things to say about the plateful of truth I’ve been serving up. Our message of liberty and small government is spreading in ways I can’t even believe & ndash; and nowhere more so than in New Hampshire. Let me share with you some highlights from my recent trip.

I started the week in Portsmouth and Concord, visiting with county GOP chairmen, state representatives, alderman and other prominent New Hampshire activists. On Tuesday I sat down with the editorial board of the Concord Monitor, where we discussed issues ranging from the debt ceiling to the wars in the Middle East.

I made sure that they heard what you and I already know – that government spending is out of control and we must cut it dramatically, both within our borders and outside of them.

As they said in their editorial, “it was refreshing to encounter a politician who pulled no punches.” Here’s the video of our discussion and here’s their follow-up story. You can bet that I won’t stop telling the truth. I want to put a voice to the national outrage over being bankrupt, and I'll be the first to say both parties in DC share the blame.

The reception I received in Manchester was great as well. I taped an in-studio interview with Brian “Bulldog” Tilton, and sat down with Grant Bosse of New Hampshire Watchdog to talk about national debt and national security. But of course my favorite interview of the day was the remote segment we taped with Freedom Watch’s Judge Napolitano. The Judge is always gracious, and we had a great discussion about the prospect of spending cuts from the 2011 Congress. In the evening, I was the guest of honor at the Young Republicans Christmas party. They don’t usually allow speakers, but they made an exception this time.

The next day, I taped an extended clip for “Capitol Access with Denis Goddard,” one of the best-known political shows in the state. In the evening, I traveled over to Hannover to meet with the Dartmouth Review – the independent conservative paper at Dartmouth College. As I’ve found all across the country, young people in New Hampshire are receptive to and energized by the ideas of limited government. They know it’s their future that is at stake.

On Friday I stopped in to Nashua for a number of great media appearances. I talked with state Rep. Pete Silva on Nashua WSMN’s popular show, “The People's Voice.” Throughout the day I was accompanied by a camera crew from WMUR, the largest television station in the state, for a feature story that aired on the nightly news. I also met with Jennifer Horn, a leading Republican voice in New Hampshire, and a former congressional candidate in the second district.

After capping off the evening with a house party graciously held by a supporter in Hopkinton, Saturday morning I was an in-studio guest and co-host of Skip Murphy’s Grok Talk, the weekly talk show of the leading conservative blog in New Hampshire, Granite Grok. That interview marked my 18th of the week, including national appearances on Fox News’s Neil Cavuto, MSNBC’s Dylan Ratigan, and Fox Business.

As with my previous visits, I saw support from everywhere, people from all walks of life and across the political spectrum. New Hampshire is clearly a state where folks are very receptive to hearing the truth about cutting spending and limiting the scope of government.

We are already planning another trip – number seven – in February, and I’m looking forward to it.

Thank you so much for all the support you have given me. It’s been your financial and intellectual support that keeps me going and that has made all of this possible.

Great things are happening in New Hampshire. I can already hear the rumblings. I have little doubt that the message – our message – of freedom, peace, and prosperity is resonating here.

Please consider a generous donation to keep our momentum going: https://ouramericainitiative.com/donate.

Our movement will not be stopped or slowed, and you have my word that I will continue to pour all of my heart, mind, and strength into the battle. I know you will, too. Let's work together for all we love, and all we hope for: freedom!

Warm regards,
Gary

P.S.— Thank you again so much. Without you, none of this would be possible. I hope I’ll see you next month at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, DC.

I know we’re going to turn some heads there.

If you can’t make it, please consider making a donation. I can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate your support right now: https://ouramericainitiative.com/donate

:eek: