PDA

View Full Version : Proof read my write up for copblock.org re: the video of my police enounter plz

Reason
01-20-2011, 02:33 PM
I will ask that this thread be deleted later.

Original thread re this incident
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?262164-VIDEO-THIS-TIME...-Another-encounter-with-cops-already...

Here is my write up...

I became involved in the liberty community during the 08 presidential elections when I discovered Ron Paul and then began a fun trip down the rabbit hole of discovering a lot of the ugly truths behind our current state of politics. I have been posting over at ronpaulforums.com for a while now and there is a very healthy activism attitude there with plenty of discussion about knowing your rights when dealing with any law enforcement.

As for why I chose to record this particular incident; before I had begun recording I watched a female officer shove the individual being arrested down on the ground very forcefully while he was already handcuffed and that is what caused the video camera to come out. I was not attempting to hide the fact that I was recording in any way, in fact the entire point was to make sure that the officers knew I was recording so that they might be less inclined to utilize any more unnecessary force.

It seems to have worked considering once I was recording there were no more physical incidents that I noticed. I was prepared to be harassed by officers the second I took out that camera mostly because of the multitude of videos that are all over the internet of similar incidents where officers do not take kindly to citizen supervision.

I think it is very important that our citizenry have a healthy taste for keeping watch over the men & women we hire and fund with our own hard earned money. With the seemingly rampant abuse of tazers all across the country and the exponentially increasing militarization of our local police forces via DHS we all have a responsibility to keep our eyes and ears open & an obligation to defend our fellow citizens from potential abuse of authority.

I definitely plan on keeping my video camera in my pocket whenever I go out from now on!

Pericles
01-20-2011, 02:43 PM
First read looks good.

angelatc
01-20-2011, 02:48 PM
2nd paragraph:
before I had begun began recording I watched a female officer shove the individual being arrested down on the ground very forcefully while he was already handcuffed,. and tThat is what causedwhy I pulled the video camera to come out. I was not attempting to hide the fact that I was recording in any way,. i In fact, the entire point was to make sure that the officers knew I was recording so that they might be less inclined to utilize any more unnecessary force.

pcosmar
01-20-2011, 03:31 PM
You mentioned Ron Paul.
That will put you on their shit list without reading any further.

Expect a bunch of "nutter" comments.

I've been to that site. Logic and Reason are not spoken there.

Reason
01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
2nd paragraph:
before I had begun began recording I watched a female officer shove the individual being arrested down on the ground very forcefully while he was already handcuffed,. and tThat is what causedwhy I pulled the video camera to come out. I was not attempting to hide the fact that I was recording in any way,. i In fact, the entire point was to make sure that the officers knew I was recording so that they might be less inclined to utilize any more unnecessary force.

Thank you!

Reason
01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
You mentioned Ron Paul.
That will put you on their shit list without reading any further.

Expect a bunch of "nutter" comments.

I've been to that site. Logic and Reason are not spoken there.

Really? Skimming over their coverage of various incidents they seem decent.

oyarde
01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
This was in San Diego ? Was she a blonde ? I always meant to get her phone number : )

pcosmar
01-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Really? Skimming over their coverage of various incidents they seem decent.

Opps,
I was thinking of another cop site.

Comments there are mixed and many more reasonable.

speciallyblend
01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
nice, kinda reminds me of a community police watch;) I was thinking posting signs to make sure citizens pay attention to law enforcement with Community Police Watch and info on it depending on city ,state AND NEIGHBORHOOD:) OF COURSE IF YOU HAVE TO POST A SIGN LIKE THAT? oops caps then you know you live in a police state!