PDA

View Full Version : Bill Johnson a Lock to be Republican Nominee for Secretary of State?

RonPaulFanInGA
01-20-2011, 02:11 PM
h XXp://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2011/01/current-2011-ky-candidates.html

Secretary of State
Some Dude Named Bill Johnson (R)
Alison Lundergan Grimes (D)
Alice Walker (D)

With only three days left until the filing deadline: Johnson is the only Republican to have filed to run for this office.

Chalk up a pick-up for the democrats (Trey Grayson is the Sec. of State...for now.)

Aratus
01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
rand's new voters and trey's old voters mayhap might jist join hands so to most loyally GOP back the
number three guy from the paducah debate? indeedy bill johnson has youth + name recognition!!!!
were the lt. governor to be in the running, i'd expect a DEMOCRAT romp! bill johnson is a 50/50..!

Aratus
01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
if the GOP is 100% rock solid as two DEMOCRATS battle, indeedy we must expect
Jake of Page1 to again despair about the frictionally internalizing factionalism!!!
bill johnson did not truely expect to be KENTUCKY's next senator for we now
see that he was actually running for a lesser office when seeming to run for
the greater so as to have a statewide recognition factor at this point in time.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I know we had a problem with some of his voters (one leaps immediately to mind), but was he himself really that bad? Or just 'not Rand'? I mean, we can't all be Rand.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
if the GOP is 100% rock solid as two DEMOCRATS battle, indeedy we must expect
Jake of Page1 to again despair about the frictionally internalizing factionalism!!!
bill johnson did not truely expect to be KENTUCKY's next senator for we now
see that he was actually running for a lesser office when seeming to run for
the greater so as to have a statewide recognition factor at this point in time.

I think Jake likes Grimes from what he posted today on his site. Or maybe he just plans to post all the announcement videos with links to campaign web pages.

Matt Collins
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm betting the Republicans will slip someone in there about 10 minutes before the filing deadline.

When is the election for this race?

Aratus
01-20-2011, 03:18 PM
matt collins... if 99.9% of the KY GOP is asking the question you just did,
and methinks mitch mcconnell is trying to look equally clueless rather than
manipulative all~wise as he leads around a flock of newbie junior senators
overseas... then we all may infer william johnson has a hammerlock now!!!

BamaFanNKy
01-20-2011, 04:49 PM
No. Bill Johnson has no shot.

Aratus
01-21-2011, 10:19 AM
the total lack of a GOP gal or guy in the primary gets young william johnson
into the general election especially if there is no real write~in candidate!!!
joe miller had won the alaska GOP primary and then lost the general election.
clearly the two Democrats need to have a face~off, and perhaps debates,
and if their primary race has an excitement, the victor could be a unifier this
time. william johnson faces a 99.9% done deal if there are no more GOP people
entering the primary, and he might get 45% of the november election vote if
the DEMOCRATIC PARTY in KENTUCKY decides to have a degree of unity, now.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-21-2011, 10:22 AM
No. Bill Johnson has no shot.

To win overall, agreed. But note the OP. Johnson's the only Republican that's filed. If no other Republican hurries up and files: Johnson will be the GOP nominee by default.

Aratus
01-21-2011, 10:28 AM
100 to 1 odds seyz bill johnson ain't to be the next joe miller...
sen. mitch mcConnell is now overseas as the clock ticks down.
this GOP hammerlock almost hands bill johnson 50/50 odds in the
more urbane and independent voter driven general election ...if
wise, savvy, auld & controlling mitch mcconnell so nicely desires!

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
100 to 1 odds seyz bill johnson ain't to be the next joe miller...
sen. mitch mcConnell is now overseas as the clock ticks down.
this GOP hammerlock almost hands bill johnson 50/50 odds in the
more urbane and independent voter driven general election ...if
wise, savvy, auld & controlling mitch mcconnell so nicely desires!

Well, but remember KY is still majority Dem and tends to vote Dem in state elections. They just find the national gop (Pelosi, Obama et al) to be too liberal for them. Rand's high profile in the recent Senate election (and still) will help the GOPs candidates up and down this ballot, but that will be fighting the generations old tendency of KY to vote Dem in local elections. Mind you the GOP absolutely wiped the Dems out in various counties when Rand was running, and the more Rand is tied to the GOP Governor candidate, the more his supporters will be charged to come out and vote GOP.

It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Aratus
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Trey has a nice & sophisticated harvard academia job with lots of
future avenues of endeavor and senator mitch mcConnell knows this.
we all should not take his good side for granted. methinks from
the way i can read Jake of Page1, the 2oo8 senate primary on the
Democrat side had THREE power people go into dis!Unity mode.

the Lt. Gov is a factor in his own right an' he's now not running for office.
we have a sitting Democrat governor. we indeed have jack conway & his ego!
in a way, rand paul got lucky yet deserves his luck. i think william johnson
likes the idea of trey's old job. he got exposure in the senate debates on
both the state and national level. the general election could be very close.

BamaFanNKy
01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
To win overall, agreed. But note the OP. Johnson's the only Republican that's filed. If no other Republican hurries up and files: Johnson will be the GOP nominee by default.

Methinks someone is coming in late. Thus, no shot. Seriously, Bill Johnson may be a nice guy but, he's a neo-conish and as big government as it gets.

Aratus
01-21-2011, 05:35 PM
its to be 2 gop dudes? a quiet word of mouth?
the fire + energy is not simply only Democrat?

TheTyke
01-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Bill Johnson's strong point was fiery orations against Moslems and enemies far and wide! And issuing joint press releases with Trey saying Rand was pro abortion.

Short of declaring war on the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance (which would earn my vote,) I'm not sure how these will help him in a Sec. of State race.

TheDriver
01-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Having this power hungry nutcase as the only candidate shows the weakness of the GOP in Kentucky. If Steve Robertson can't come up with a better candidate for this seat, I hope he's not stupid enough to waste money and resources on Johnson.

I'll vote for anyone but Johnson. Johnson always reminded me of Rudy (NEOCON), except in a Mike Huckabee way (Theocrat).

Aratus
01-22-2011, 10:41 AM
BamaFanNKy has been posting sorta like as if he heard something so as to hint that
the GOP side of the KY primaries may indeed have a future gravitas, if not debates.
i'm half wondering if the 2 Democrats will sound like an echo of the Lt. Gov + the A.G

TheDriver
01-22-2011, 11:11 AM
BamaFanNKy has been posting sorta like as if he heard something

http://politics.mycn2.com/2011/01/20/legg-listed-as-gop-secretary-of-state-candidate-conway-to-announce-11-plans-friday/

Although she hasn’t officially announced it, Hilda Legg — a Somerset Republican — is listed as a Republican candidate for Secretary of State at next week’s GOP forum in Paducah.

Aratus
01-22-2011, 11:15 AM
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!
the voters can only gain if there are two intense contests!

TheDriver
01-22-2011, 11:19 AM
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!
the voters can only gain if there are two intense contests!

Johnson will probably bring in Alan Keyes and talk about how Hilda Legg had an abortion or something. And he'll somehow work GITMO into the conversation, not sure how, but he will.

clint4liberty
01-23-2011, 01:17 AM
h XXp://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2011/01/current-2011-ky-candidates.html

With only three days left until the filing deadline: Johnson is the only Republican to have filed to run for this office.

Chalk up a pick-up for the democrats (Trey Grayson is the Sec. of State...for now.)Kentuckiana GrassRoots Radio will interview Bill Johnson, running for Secretary of State on March 3rd at 6:30 PM Eastern Time. We have and we will interview all the GOP and Independent candidates for Kentucky Statewide offices. Web page: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ky-grassroots-radio, e-mail: kymattsingleton@yahoo.com, and call-in at: 1-347-637-3086.

TheDriver
01-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Kentuckiana GrassRoots Radio will interview Bill Johnson, running for Secretary of State on March 3rd at 6:30 PM Eastern Time. We have and we will interview all the GOP and Independent candidates for Kentucky Statewide offices. Web page: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ky-grassroots-radio, e-mail: kymattsingleton@yahoo.com, and call-in at: 1-347-637-3086.

Be sure to ask him about Obama's birth certificate. He may be the only birther running for SOS in America.

Ask him if Kentucky should institute a draft, I'm sure he's all for that.

imprimis
01-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Methinks someone is coming in late. Thus, no shot. Seriously, Bill Johnson may be a nice guy but, he's a neo-conish and as big government as it gets.

Do you seriously think He is more neocon than Legg? She is a pawn of McConnell and Rogers...they have handed her cherry jobs for the last 30 years. She absolutely did not support Rand.

TheDriver
01-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Do you seriously think He is more neocon than Legg?

Having talked policy with Bill Johnson on several occasions, I don't think you can get more neocon than Johnson.

BamaFanNKy
01-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Do you seriously think He is more neocon than Legg? She is a pawn of McConnell and Rogers...they have handed her cherry jobs for the last 30 years. She absolutely did not support Rand.

You think I am supporting either. It's why I don't support Moffett either. I don't trust what they are selling.

RyanRSheets
01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
I know we had a problem with some of his voters (one leaps immediately to mind), but was he himself really that bad? Or just 'not Rand'? I mean, we can't all be Rand.

I spoke with him a few times, and he seemed like an honest guy who wanted to do the right thing, but there was a time when I asked him about the Fed and he said he wasn't sure about it yet. I think he will be responsive.

specsaregood
01-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I hope no other republicans run. Having a birther run for such a position is just asking for loads of laughs.

BamaFanNKy
01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
I hope no other republicans run. Having a birther run for such a position is just asking for loads of laughs.

Birther vs. The Smoking Ban Travelgate Mayor from BG in the general?

specsaregood
01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Birther vs. The Smoking Ban Travelgate Mayor from BG in the general?

I'd wager on the birther for the win.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-25-2011, 07:07 PM
The filing deadline has now passed and Johnson does have one primary opponent:

Candidate List

Secretary of State
Bill Johnson, R-Elkton.
Hilda Legg, R-Somerset.
Alison Lundergan Grimes, D-Lexington.
Bowling Green Mayor Elaine Walker, a Democrat.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110125/NEWS01/301250099/Kentucky+Gov.+Steve+Beshear+to+be+unopposed+in+May +primary+

Go Legg.

TheDriver
01-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Go Legg.

I'll be voting for her, not just because Bill is a neocon of the highest order, but mainly because of people like Lisa Graas and Dr. David Dipstick (they will run most voters aways from Johnson).

Aratus
01-26-2011, 12:17 PM
cooooooooooooooooooool!