PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Orlando Event!!

ButchHowdy
10-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Hey Folks,

Yesterday's Orlando event was an event I will remember forever!

We set up shop along the road leading to the Shingle Creek Resort where the debates were held and mounted a dozen Tyvek banners, scores of signs, and we basically waved and smiled at cars from 10AM to 6PM and got lots of horn beeps and waving back in return.

Lo and behold at about 5:30; and NOT in a million dollar tour bus, and NOT in some fancy limo, NOR a Secret Service Ford Expedition, but in a "Chrysler Minivan" putting up the street was our Humble Servant and future President Ron Paul and to me this spoke volumes . . .

I didn't get to meet him at that point as he was across the now-busy street but needless to say we were pretty charged up as I believe he too was after seeing all the banners, signs, and effort.

After Smokin' in the debates, Ron, Carol, G'daughter Valerie, and 3 other gentlemen came to visit us towards midnight at One Eyed Jacks, a rugged Downtown Orlando sports bar and spent nearly 2 hours between 'talking to us' in an awesome podium speech and then blessing us with unlimited handshakes, autographs, and photographs.

Absolutely Spectacular!! Go Ron Paul!!

ross11988
10-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I dont see why this is so great, Hilliary, Obama, Guliani and Romney do this all the time......

Drknows
10-22-2007, 07:41 AM
After Smokin' in the debates, Ron, Carol, G'daughter Valerie, and 3 other gentlemen came to visit see us towards midnight at a One Eyed Jacks, a rugged Downtown Orlando sports bar and spent nearly 2 hours between 'talking to us' in an awesome podium speech and then blessing us with unlimited handshakes, autographs, and photographs.

AWESOME!!!! So ron was hanging out and doing some victory shots?

ButchHowdy
10-22-2007, 07:43 AM
I dont see why this is so great, Hilliary, Obama, Guliani and Romney do this all the time......

Interestingly; besides a nice old man sporting a Duncan Hunter banner which kept falling over because of the wind, there was NO similar support on the roadways for any other candidate.

"You just can't buy grassroot support like this!"

margomaps
10-22-2007, 07:51 AM

Would YOU be thrilled if Ron showed up and spent two hours mingling with your meetup group?

This guy was sharing his great experience with us. Thanks for raining on the parade.

speciallyblend
10-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Great story,keep up the great work;)

ross11988
10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Would YOU be thrilled if Ron showed up and spent two hours mingling with your meetup group?

This guy was sharing his great experience with us. Thanks for raining on the parade.

O boy, its sarcasm people thats why i put a bunch of periods after it.

Joe Knows
10-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey Folks,

Yesterday's Orlando event was an event I will remember forever!

We set up shop along the road leading to the Shingle Creek Resort where the debates were held and mounted a dozen Tyvek banners, scores of signs, and we basically waved and smiled at cars from 10AM to 6PM and got lots of horn beeps and waving back in return.

Lo and behold at about 5:30; and NOT in a million dollar tour bus, and NOT in some fancy limo, NOR a Secret Service Ford Expedition, but in a "Chrysler Minivan" putting up the street was our Humble Servant and future President Ron Paul and to me this spoke volumes . . .

I didn't get to meet him at that point as he was across the now-busy street but needless to say we were pretty charged up as I believe he too was after seeing all the banners, signs, and effort.

After Smokin' in the debates, Ron, Carol, G'daughter Valerie, and 3 other gentlemen came to visit see us towards midnight at a One Eyed Jacks, a rugged Downtown Orlando sports bar and spent nearly 2 hours between 'talking to us' in an awesome podium speech and then blessing us with unlimited handshakes, autographs, and photographs.

You guys did a fantastic job! I was on the bus going to Shingle Creek with a bunch of neocons. It was raining and you guys were still out waving signs. When they saw you standing out in the rain supporting Ron Paul, they became silent. I then heard a few comments about how they wished their candidate had that kind of support. Then they all started discussing Ron Paul as we turned the corner to go into the Shingle Creek. It was great. My hat's off to you guys. You were fantastic.

Chester Copperpot
10-22-2007, 08:14 AM

Yeah well tell some people next time. I was about to delete your account...

ButchHowdy
10-22-2007, 09:15 AM
You guys did a fantastic job! I was on the bus going to Shingle Creek with a bunch of neocons. It was raining and you guys were still out waving signs. When they saw you standing out in the rain supporting Ron Paul, they became silent. I then heard a few comments about how they wished their candidate had that kind of support. Then they all started discussing Ron Paul as we turned the corner to go into the Shingle Creek. It was great. My hat's off to you guys. You were fantastic.

Thanks Joe! Yeah, left that detail out . . . s'not about us though!

And Ross11988 . . . no worries - my sardon-o-filter read you loud and clear!

Matt Collins
10-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Yes I was there.

If I had to guess we had a couple of hundred people at a bar downtown called One Eye'd Jacks. We were there watching the debate on the big screens and then Ron showed up at 11pm to speak for aqbout 20 minutes and then did another 20-30 min of photographs etc in the street (blocking downtown traffic to an extent ha ha) and then left for his destination.

All and all it was pretty good. I wish I could've put on a big rally like I did in Nashville but logistics didn't warrant that. Shout out to Nick (Pennycat) from Orlando for pulling this thing together tonight.

I live in Nashville but flew into Orlando for this since I have family here.

werdd
10-22-2007, 09:20 AM

Yeah, except the show up in limousine hummers and stuff. This goes to show that ron is spending our money wisely.

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 09:33 AM
I'd show some pics, but I don't have any webspace. :(

American
10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
I'd show some pics, but I don't have any webspace. :(

What, http://photobucket.com its free. We will wait.

parke
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM

You know damn well why they are wishing.. They know Ron Paul is onto something. Standing in the rain in support of a candidate.

Doesnt that prove something?

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
What, http://photobucket.com its free. We will wait.

Haha, alright, fine.

Edit: Here they are!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Ninjuhpirate/1eyedjacks.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Ninjuhpirate/RPwGWinback.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Ninjuhpirate/RonpaulII.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Ninjuhpirate/Ronpaul.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Ninjuhpirate/downtownorlando.jpg

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 10:12 AM
bump

Drknows
10-22-2007, 10:16 AM
The revolution looks pissed. (probably overcrowded ) Ron Paul is the only one smiling.

Matt Collins
10-22-2007, 10:21 AM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Ninjuhpirate/downtownorlando.jpg
There I am on the left in the black shirt holding up the sign with a ponytail and my head turned the other way.

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 10:23 AM
The revolution looks pissed. (probably overcrowded ) Ron Paul is the only one smiling.

We were all listening to his speech when I took those. Don't worry we were a rowdy bunch. The night was invigorating ESPECIALLY when Dr. Paul showed up! :D

Matt Collins
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
The revolution looks pissed. (probably overcrowded ) Ron Paul is the only one smiling.Yeah, the bar was perfect for watching the debate, but too small and not configured correctly to get Ron in there speaking unfortunately.

It had rained all day so many of the people there were soaking wet, and those that weren't were soaking wet from the 98% humidity that night anyway. So yeah, it was overcrowded and hotter than hell.

margomaps
10-22-2007, 10:31 AM

My mistake, sorry. It didn't look like sarcasm to me, and '...' is not the official markup for sarcasm.

I just thought you were another one of the increasing number of jerks around here who seem to enjoy raining on everyone's parade. Again, apologies -- my mistake.

ButchHowdy
10-22-2007, 10:41 AM

'Mesmerized' is more like it with a dash of fatigue and a dollop of tequila!

Also, A CBN reporter stopped to photograph our signs and banners and on one camera clip, I personally thanked David Brody for his kind press and also thanked Pat Robertson and told him that we really needed him.

Here's a short clip of Brody's interview with Ron Paul AFTER seeing our signs and BEFORE the actual debate:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/254051.aspx

Mani
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM

:rolleyes: Is the official sarcasm icon.

margomaps
10-22-2007, 10:45 AM
:rolleyes: Is the official sarcasm icon.

Yup, that or </sarcasm>, or sometimes ;)

Neither are required if the sarcasm is completely obvious -- but that's a tough call to make sometimes.

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Dr. Paul was so patient last night! It was amazing to see him being a true sport to sign autographs, shake hands, and meet everyone while being mobbed!

I had trouble with my camera while trying to get my picture with him. Despite the technical difficulties he was really cool about it, didn't blow me off (which really surprised me), and I got my pic with him when my camera decided to finally started working.

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 05:38 PM
check out da pics.

steph3n
10-22-2007, 05:42 PM
i was right next to Dr paul when he signed the bullhorn AWESOME!!! :D

oh yes, and i hav the shakiest video of it ever as i was right next to the security and police protecting him, and getting shoved around by those behind me(not violent, just smashing amount of people!)

ButchHowdy
10-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Expedient BUMP!

WillInMiami
10-22-2007, 06:10 PM
I saw you guys when I drove by to attend the debate. I was driving a black Ford Crown Victoria. I honked and gave you a thumbs-up.

pennycat
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm going to be optimistic and say about 300 people came to this event from all over the state of Florida! It was a come and go event with lots happening between the $500 and the debate itself.

Prez4TheNet
10-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Wow, from the reaction of the crowd I'd expect Florida to be neo-con haven and I didn't think Ron Paul would have had the ability to show his face in a public area. It must be extremely tough for you guys to campaign around there. Hats off to you.

steph3n
10-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Wow, from the reaction of the crowd I'd expect Florida to be neo-con haven and I didn't think Ron Paul would have had the ability to show his face in a public area. It must be extremely tough for you guys to campaign around there. Hats off to you.

Don't let the crowd depress you, the actually people are eager to hear and know NOTHING of Dr Paul. I walked to most of the open shops on this day, and none of the employees or owners had any knowledge of Dr Paul except seeing the signs waving outside down the street.