PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney's questionable shooting skills lead him to approve limiting clip capacity

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41154929/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

via

http://wonkette.com/435605/dick-cheney

I'm in favor of limiting Dick Cheney's ability to shoot since he doesn't seem to make sure he knows what his shot would hit (either that, or he aims for attorneys.) I'm not in favor of limiting the magazine.

H/T pageonekentucky

Post script: He really DOES look ill in the wonkette picture, adding that to the recent articles that he might need a heart transplant doesn't speak well of his health.

(edited for 'clip')

Cowlesy
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
You know what annoys me?

Please who do not know the difference between a Magazine, and a Clip.

Anti Federalist
01-20-2011, 11:52 AM
You know what annoys me?

Please who do not know the difference between a Magazine, and a Clip.

FFS, yes, I was just coming in to post that.

Anti Federalist
01-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Clip

http://www.blitzandpeaces.co.uk/Museum/WWI%20MILITARIA/slides/WW1%20BRITISH%20SOLDIERS%20303%20LEE%20ENFIELD%20B ULLET%20CLIP.jpg

Magazine

https://www.aimsurplus.com/EOS/images/product/mrwbfal.jpg

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 11:58 AM
My fault, sorry, I think they say magazine. I shortened it to 'clip' because I didn't think magazine would fit in the title (I was wrong, it does, but now I can't edit it).

Anti Federalist
01-20-2011, 12:18 PM
My fault, sorry, I think they say magazine. I shortened it to 'clip' because I didn't think magazine would fit in the title (I was wrong, it does, but now I can't edit it).

LOL, gotcha, we're not bitching at you, but at the media that has called them "clips" many times in the past.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Cheney is like a real-life Zombie. Go away. *shoos away with both hands*

Cowlesy
01-20-2011, 12:22 PM

Oh sorry --- my comment was not pointed at you at all! The media always uses 'clip' instead of 'magazine.'

LOL, gotcha, we're not bitching at you, but at the media that has called them "clips" many times in the past.

Exactly.

lester1/2jr
01-20-2011, 12:23 PM
reminds me of something Howard Stern said years ago. That republicans are conservative unless someting affects THEM. So Cheney, having a gay daughter, is of course pro gay marriage. Stern said if Bush's daughter had some handicap we would have massive funding for stem cell research or something to that effect. Agree or not he has a point.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
reminds me of something Howard Stern said years ago. That republicans are conservative unless someting affects THEM. So Cheney, having a gay daughter, is of course pro gay marriage. Stern said if Bush's daughter had some handicap we would have massive funding for stem cell research or something to that effect. Agree or not he has a point.

We had massive funding for ALL SORTS of things under Bush. I'm not sure we can use him as an example of conservative Republicans, with or without specific 'exceptions'.

Anti Federalist
01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Cheney is like a real-life Zombie. Go away. *shoos away with both hands*

Like?

He really is a nosferatu.

Dick Cheney has no pulse.

I'm not making a tired funny! Dick Cheney's new implant—a ventricular assist device—needed 'cause his heart is screwed, "leaves most recipients without a pulse because it pushes blood continuously instead of mimicking the heart's own pulsatile beat."

Of course, this presumes he had a pulse in the first place. (I know, I know, that's the bad punchline you were waiting for.)

http://gizmodo.com/5591021/dick-cheney-has-no-pulse-seriously

Aratus
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM

i sorta see why the left wants to ban the longer magazines, given that
i'm not into the terminology, but do some magazines have only ten bullets
however the shooter had the ones with 30 or 33 bullets in them on him? was
he fumbling with a long magazine that he was trying to jam via the wrong end into
the glock gun, and in his hurry he drops the magazine? this is why the woman
was so brave? i think dick cheney would be more able to deal with a clip or
a short magazine of ten bullets were he to fire a glock. rambo he is not.

oyarde
01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
I would not mind an M1 , then I could use clips

coastie
01-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Damn-even Hell can wait on this man...which really makes me feel not so guilty for my past misdeeds.

Brett85
01-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Looking at those poll results is depressing. It's sad that so many Americans don't understand the limited powers that the federal government actually has.

buck000
01-20-2011, 02:34 PM
I switched over to the Rachel Maddow show to try and see if I can tolerate her presentation of whatever point. She was showing the interview with Dick Cheney discussing limiting hi-cap magazines. She began to screech, as usual, so I switched away, but, damn, Maddow using Cheney to bolster her argument for gun control. Interesting times.

Aratus
01-20-2011, 03:27 PM
the poor man is on his last legs, he's lost weight and is talking about issues reasonably.
i wonder if he ACTUALLY is running for public office, now that the "W" retired to texas?
does he think the voters lack memories or any recall of the past three to five decades?