PDA

View Full Version : Two dozen surveillance videos can't identify Loughner as the shooter?

teacherone
01-20-2011, 07:51 AM
TUCSON - Authorities (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/18/AR2011011801155.html)have analyzed nearly two dozen surveillance videos in the massive investigation of accused Tucson killer Jared Lee Loughnerb, some of which clearly show a gunman shooting federal Judge John Roll in the back .................

It also shows the gunman walking toward Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and firing his first bullet into her face from two to three feet away, the officials said; he then blasts 31 more shots in a span of no more than 15 seconds. Doctors initially said the bullet entered Giffords's head from the back, but they have since said it struck her above the left eye, and the footage leaves little doubt of that.

...............The images, which have not previously been described in detail, offer glimpses of Loughner inside the store, where investigators believe he made final preparations for the shootings. They also show him walking toward the area outside where Giffords was staging a constituent event.......................

One video shows Loughner talking to a clerk while pointing to his ears to signal that he cannot hear, the officials said. Authorities believe he went into the store bathroom and put on earplugs before the shootings.

Why "a gunman" "the gunman" "his bullets" ?

Why does the video clearly show him IN the store, the bullet entering Gifford's face, but not Loughner WITH the gun?

specsaregood
01-20-2011, 08:02 AM
and firing his first bullet into her face from two to three feet away, the officials said; he then blasts 31 more shots in a span of no more than 15 seconds
I thought he had a 30round clip. By my count, that article is saying he shot 32 times.

Bruno
01-20-2011, 08:03 AM
I thought he had a 30round clip. By my count, that article is saying he shot 32 times.

The article says it was a 31 round clip, and authorities believe he had one in the chamber.

specsaregood
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
The article says it was a 31 round clip, and authorities believe he had one in the chamber.

Ah, guess it would help if I read the article. Every other one I had read had said 30round clip.

Philhelm
01-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Why "a gunman" "the gunman" "his bullets" ?

Why does the video clearly show him IN the store, the bullet entering Gifford's face, but not Loughner WITH the gun?

Who says that the video doesn't show the gunman with his gun? ;) I think the issue here is to sensationalize the event. First, the media loves to use buzzwords in order to influence public opinion, rather than state the facts without any interjection. Take note of the words being used in this case, such as gunman, lone nut, crazed, disjointed, vitriol, etc. These words make the article more "exciting" in a sense, as opposed to just referring to the gunman [sic] as Loughner. Also, to call him by name would humanize him, which the media certainly would not wish to do. I don't think that there was someone else involved in the shooting.

muzzled dogg
01-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Sounds like we need more cameras!

Philhelm
01-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Sounds like we need more cameras!

-1 :collins: for you. :p

sharpsteve2003
01-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Most likely legal reasons for using gunman when talking about the actual committing the crime. Kinda like when they use "alleged". When they use his name about being in the store he is not committing a crime so they use his name.

Valli6
01-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Sheriff's Bureau Chief Richard Kastigar was at that town hall meeting ABC did. (any excerpts out there?) Meanwhile, blabbermouth Sheriff Dupnik tells employees to stop talking about it (as of 12:15pm on Tues, 1/19).

Pima sheriff gags employees in mass shooting case
TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - The Pima County Sheriff's Department has suddenly turned off the flow of information in the January 8th mass shootings in Tucson. Shortly after noon Tuesday Sheriff's PIO Jason Ogan released this terse, one-line statement:

"Until further notice, due to a controversy between the Sheriff's Department and the County Attorney's office, no further information reference the January 8, 2011 shooting will be released."

The statement put an end to an interview that Sheriff's Bureau Chief Richard Kastigar had been scheduled to give just 45 minutes later, at 1:00 PM. Kastigar had agreed to come to KGUN9's newsroom to discuss security videos recorded in the Safeway parking lot the morning a deranged gunman opened fire, killing 6 people and wounding or injuring 14 others, including Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. CNN had booked a satellite interview with Kastigar, to be conducted by journalist Wolf Blitzer.

.....On Saturday Kastigar appeared in an ABC News town hall meeting on the shooting aftermath, hosted by network anchor Christiane Amanpour, which was broadcast to the nation the following day.

.....Kastigar has said recently that the security tapes from the morning of the shooting are crystal clear and show exactly what happened and in what order.
http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13870560

pcosmar
01-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Sheriff's Bureau Chief Richard Kastigar was at that town hall meeting ABC did. (any excerpts out there?) Meanwhile, blabbermouth Sheriff Dupnik tells employees to stop talking about it (as of 12:15pm on Tues, 1/19).

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13870560

So,,
Who in the Sheriffs Office Doctored the Mug Shots and released the Phony pictures to the Media?