PDA

View Full Version : Proposal to Resolve Nov. 5th Issue

KingTheoden
10-22-2007, 07:29 AM
Yes, I know, another thread on this. I am sick of them but they are like mushrooms and probably will continue to proliferate for the next few weeks.

I propose that those were are uneasy about donating on Novemeber 5th, instead choose Halloween. It is very acceptable to use Halloween as a time marker, day for events, etc. Plus, donations on Halloween will be part of October's tally.

So if not 11/05 why not 10/31?

kylejack
10-22-2007, 07:31 AM
No, 10/31 will be used to promote 11/05 using V for Vendetta masks.

Hook
10-22-2007, 07:33 AM
There is nothing to resolve. We are going to donate OUR money when WE decide.
Thanks for the advice.

SouthernGuy15
10-22-2007, 07:34 AM
It's too freaking bad if certain people don't like the November 5th idea! Quite frankly, if they don't like it they simply should not participate!

I fully and 100% support those that are actively participating in the November the 5th idea!

FrankRep
10-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Donate now if you don't want to donate on Nov 5. RP needs to buy some radio ads.

Brinck Slattery
10-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Donate today if you can, donate on the 5th as well - just get that money to the Campaign ASAP!

me3
10-22-2007, 07:41 AM
All of these people trying to undermine a fund raising effort, whether it is good or bad need to realize that they are slowing down fund raising.

If there is blowback, the Paul campaign will be able to handle it because they have distanced themselves from the grass roots.

Now let's stop talking about Nov 5th in the negative and keep on working hard for Dr. Paul.

SouthernGuy15
10-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Quite frankly, there are enough supporters and enough who are NOT maxed out that we can meet today's goal AND have people donate on the 5th!

Those that are bashing the November 5th project should be ashamed of themselves! Remember, getting people excited is a great way of convincing them to donate. The November 5th project is a great motivational tool!

It's a shame that people are opposing this project. I wonder how they would like it if a dozen threads opposing their favorite project suddenly emerged! Maybe they would realize what it feels like to be BETRAYED by fellow Ron Paul supporters!

BillyDkid
10-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Just stop fretting about this! It doesn't matter and nobody will care. It's a distraction and stupid. I think it is a good idea for all of us to do a money bomb on the fifth - and please don't start talking about alternative dates. It will just make us lose focus and there won't be any bomb at all. I'm giving on the 5th and so should everyone else - just so we all do it together and make a splash. I am doing this in addition to my regular giving. I gave $175 this month and I will give $100.00 on the fifth all this fretting and whining is just bullshit and a waste of time and energy. Let's all give on the 5th (along with what we would normally donate) and cause a big splash and let it mean to you whatever you want it to mean. Good God!

steph3n
10-22-2007, 08:34 AM
I don't see how it is an isue, why do people keep making threads?

mdh
10-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Anything that gets people donating is a good thing.

Taco John
10-22-2007, 09:13 AM
This is an issue only because the agent provacateurs have gotten ahold of this. We're on pace to make over $1 million dollars in one day if our growth continues for this fundraiser like it has.

KingTheoden
10-22-2007, 09:16 AM

Personally, I don't care and highly doubt that the Nov. 5th Guy Fox connection will ever be made into an issue. I only did this thread because there are some very opposed to the Nov 5th idea (for fear Ron Paul will be linked to a guy who tried to blow up Parliament).

Just trying to negotiate a peace is all!:)

For me, I'm in on Nov. 5th!!

Taco John
10-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Personally, I don't care and highly doubt that the Nov. 5th Guy Fox connection will ever be made into an issue. I only did this thread because there are some very opposed to the Nov 5th idea (for fear Ron Paul will be linked to a guy who tried to blow up Parliament).

Just trying to negotiate a peace is all!:)

For me, I'm in on Nov. 5th!!

Don't try to negotiate peace with people trying to sabotage a successful fundraising effort.

reduen
10-22-2007, 09:20 AM
My Praposal to resolve: Get over it and donate... :)

kylejack
10-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Don't try to negotiate peace with people trying to sabotage a successful fundraising effort.
Highfive. We don't negotiate with terrorists. :cool:

parke
10-22-2007, 09:24 AM
http://search.ebay.com/RP08_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQmaxrecordsreturnedZ300

Thats a great link for supporting Ron Paul.. Please pass on the idea.

aksmith
10-22-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm giving today. And five members of my family are giving on November 5th. The only problem with the November 5th date is that it's too far away. So, if anyone is waiting, just give now and give on the 5th. We need to pay for the radio ads, and make the 4 million for October, and raise the 10 million on the 5th. There are very few of us who cannot do without something so we can donate to Ron. I think we can all agree to give give give until it hurts . . . Hannity and Limbaugh.

And that's the best part. By raising tons of money we can afford not to take matching funds and we can go around the machine mouthpieces.

Original_Intent
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Bad idea! People will associate it with witchcraft and devil worshipers! We don't want people to associate Ron Paul with the devil do we?????:eek:

/sarcasm

Seriously, a good push on the 31st would be awesome for helping toward this months goal.

And an Oct 22 donation would be great for reaching the current goal. I can't give today, but I will try on the 31st and the 5th is a lock.

Ozwest
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM

Because some fear the influx of new Ron Paul supporters who "threaten" their perception of what a "conservative" Ron Paul supporter should be... Rather than embrace this much needed new support, they would rather sabotage their efforts because these supporters are too far outside their political "comfort zone"... Guess what? Ron Paul will never win this election waiting for the media and Republican Party hierarchy's support. Let's not forget, Ron Paul's message is for ALL, and is not exclusive.

Cali4RonPaul
10-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Because some fear the influx of new Ron Paul supporters who "threaten" their perception of what a "conservative" Ron Paul supporter should be... Rather than embrace this much needed new support, they would rather sabotage their efforts because these supporters are too far outside their political "comfort zone"... Guess what? Ron Paul will never win this election waiting for the media and Republican Party hierarchy's support. Let's not forget, Ron Paul's message is for ALL, and is not exclusive.

I think you have said that well, i would agree. For me personally I am not comfortable with the V for Vendetta as I am concerned on how the media might spin that on us..

Ron Paul supporters should always be conscience on how others perceive this grassroots movement..

I welcome the contributions that will come in mass on that day, and I applaud the creator of it.. But seriously we need to be more subjective on our actions.. The Media lies in wait always..

"Byahh...!!" remember that one.

terlinguatx
10-22-2007, 10:55 PM

RobotJaxxon
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
I've decided to participate in this Nov. 5th funding bump because it is the day before the Iowa debates (Nov 6). I want to help Dr. Paul say "my campaign raised $2 million yesterday alone" in front of a million viewers.

That will get him some attention.

(I don't know the first thing about this V for Vendetta thing...never saw the movie)

Ozwest
10-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Just stop talking about it. The conversation has run it's course. People on this board are tired of the controversy and you aren't going to get any substantial number to sign up for it here anyways as we've been bombarded with this stuff for a week. Go talk about it on other forums where you might find some more donors.

Yes, I agree that people on this board are tired of the nay-sayers trying to either hijack or sabotage this worthy project! Why don't you stop "bombarding" us with your negativity? What will your response be when Ron Paul gets a cool 1 million plus dropped into his coffers? Mmmm... I thought so!

BLS
10-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Offer up whatever you want.

I'm donating money on the 5th.

And my suggestion is you stop trying to police this board, or offer other 'suggestions' or 'proposals'.

Nobody cares what you think about it. People are going to donate, and there's NO reason for them not too.

Find something more constructive with your time.