PDA

View Full Version : when is the vote to repeal JohnsonCare (Medicare/medicaid)

cindy25
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
the house voted to repeal Obamacare

but why is there never a vote to repeal JohnsonCare? it is also mandatory.

oyarde
01-19-2011, 07:33 PM
the house voted to repeal Obamacare

but why is there never a vote to repeal JohnsonCare? it is also mandatory.

And clearly UnConstitutional . Not in Article One , Section Eight , putting it back to the states.

oyarde
01-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Repeal JohnsonTax !!!!!!

oyarde
01-19-2011, 07:36 PM
First you have to open up health insurance across state lines like auto , home , life insurance .

oyarde
01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Actually , if this had been allowed to be dealt with by states , someone would have come up with a voluntary type plan that would have worked and could have been used as a model for other states who wished too and some states may have decided to do little .

Fox McCloud
01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
it'd be political suicide--I'd guess well over 85% of the elderly would oppose it, and the vast vast majority of those who were 50 and over would likely oppose it as well, leaving you with only support from those younger than that...and, even then, you'll have those on the left and right who don't actively have a problem with it (indifferent)...so...to make that a platform...tragically, wouldn't work.

oyarde
01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
it'd be political suicide--I'd guess well over 85% of the elderly would oppose it, and the vast vast majority of those who were 50 and over would likely oppose it as well, leaving you with only support from those younger than that...and, even then, you'll have those on the left and right who don't actively have a problem with it (indifferent)...so...to make that a platform...tragically, wouldn't work.

You have it .

oyarde
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM

You actually have the formula that covers cutting entitlements . This is why it is so important none are ever passed again.

erowe1
01-19-2011, 07:50 PM

The next step should be a repeal of Medicare part D. That would put both parties in a predicament, the dems who voted against it in 2004, and the Republicans who voted to repeal Obamacare.

HazyHusky420
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM

That's why we need a second voting age...

cindy25
01-19-2011, 09:35 PM
a bill to make JohnsonCare and the FDRPonziplan VOLUNTARY would not be suicide today; this is not 1964.

the retort could be "if its so good why are people forced to join"

maybe there could be an interim requirement to have a retirement account equal to the Ponziplan tax

Brett85
01-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Even Ron wouldn't vote to repeal Medicare. He just wants to phase it out for younger workers.

oyarde
01-19-2011, 09:41 PM
a bill to make JohnsonCare and the FDRPonziplan VOLUNTARY would not be suicide today; this is not 1964.

the retort could be "if its so good why are people forced to join"

maybe there could be an interim requirement to have a retirement account equal to the Ponziplan tax

The voluntary thing has merit .

oyarde
01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Even Ron wouldn't vote to repeal Medicare. He just wants to phase it out for younger workers.

At 22 % of the budget it has to go away long term or it destroys the country . That percentage will only go up .

Brett85
01-19-2011, 09:48 PM
At 22 % of the budget it has to go away long term or it destroys the country . That percentage will only go up .

Or at least put a $2,000 deductible on it like Rand wants to do. That would make the cost of Medicare go way down. I'd love to repeal Medicare, but it's never going to happen.

oyarde
01-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Or at least put a $2,000 deductible on it like Rand wants to do. That would make the cost of Medicare go way down. I'd love to repeal Medicare, but it's never going to happen.

You could pick an income level and get votes now for a deductable , which would help .

erowe1
01-20-2011, 08:51 AM
I'd love to repeal Medicare, but it's never going to happen.

One way or another, if something can't go on forever, it won't.

Bern
01-20-2011, 09:36 AM

What if we add some Sandman provisions?

http://www.boingboing.net/logan.jpg

speciallyblend
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
First you have to open up health insurance across state lines like auto , home , life insurance .

healthcare reform will never exist until you get rid of insurance companies. Insurance companies are why we have high healthcare costs. The fact is insurance companies are the problem! We have 500,000 in debt to prove it!!! The botton line is the insurance industry will profit of you before they ever think about covering you! they are in business to take your money not to help you when times are tough. yes they will cover small costs etc but once you have something serious happen to you. the point of an insurance compnay is not to help you but to profit of you at all cost even your own health. health reform will never hapopen since the problem is the insurance companies. all those folks paying insurance will never find out until they actually have a serious problem happen!!

where did insurance companies leave us? with approval letters for my wifes surgery and then after surgery denials across the board and left with 500,000 in medical bills and lost everything and cannot fight them. I call bs on both sides on this issue!! the whole idea of healthcare reform is just a false flag for the corrupt gop and dnc to f over americans!! now we are left with crappy gov health care and crappy private healthcare! the bottom line is the insurance companies are the major problem both sides have their heads so far up the insurance lobby's azz so they can f us!!

Bergie Bergeron
01-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Justin Amash
just voted yes on Amendment No. 1 to H Res 9, which resolves that Congress "enact a permanent fix to the flawed Medicare sustainable growth rate formula used to determine physician payments under title XVIII of the Social Security Act." This has been a persistent problem for health care providers and patients. It passed 428-1.

Brett85
01-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Justin Amash
just voted yes on Amendment No. 1 to H Res 9, which resolves that Congress "enact a permanent fix to the flawed Medicare sustainable growth rate formula used to determine physician payments under title XVIII of the Social Security Act." This has been a persistent problem for health care providers and patients. It passed 428-1.

Ron voted "yes" as well.

erowe1
01-20-2011, 10:34 AM
healthcare reform will never exist until you get rid of insurance companies.
1) How do you propose getting rid of them?
2) If I want to offer money to someone in exchange for a contract that they will pay future healthcare costs (i.e. to buy health insurance), isn't it my right to do that? Do you or anyone else have the right to interfere?

where did insurance companies leave us? with approval letters for my wifes surgery and then after surgery denials across the board
Have you talked to a lawyer about that yet?

speciallyblend
01-20-2011, 10:47 AM
1) How do you propose getting rid of them?
2) If I want to offer money to someone in exchange for a contract that they will pay future healthcare costs (i.e. to buy health insurance), isn't it my right to do that? Do you or anyone else have the right to interfere?

Have you talked to a lawyer about that yet?

lawyers want money! the bottom line is until i can save money no one wil touch a medical mal practice suit or insurance fraud with a ten foot pole unless i have 25,000 to 50,000. contracts mean nothing when you have approval letters and yet the insurance company comes back and denies after the fact!! It takes money to fight money!! right now i am busy trying to keep my wife alive and and somewhat unhealthy! I am taking my wife to a doctor in bv colorado but i have 0 faith in any care anymore! i am at the breaking poiont of just saying f it all!! all we can do now is waste money on docs and hope they follow thru and so far 2 have not and we just don't have money to keep doctor hopping! i am beginning to think doctors and insurance are just plain useless. we are caught in a catch 22. i have been fighting this stuff for 3 plus yrs now. i almost wish insurance companies and doctors would just put me down if they would just help my wife!!

since 2 doctors have done nothing but write morphine and do nothing else. i am forced to save my money and try to see another doctor once i have the money and if they cannot help her. i am forced to save money over another 2 months and hope another docotor will help. they all say they will help but the never follow thru! In the end my wife gets sicker and i get pissed and i feel like my only option is minority report!!

maybe i need a craiglist ad looking for a REAL Doctor!!

erowe1
01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
lawyers want money!

If your case is as you described it, then you shouldn't have trouble finding a lawyer who will work on contingency.

speciallyblend
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
If your case is as you described it, then you shouldn't have trouble finding a lawyer who will work on contingency.

i wish it was that easy but it isn't! thanks for listening! When we have the energy to try to fight it again we will but right now my wifes health is the issue so i can only try to save money and try to see a doc until then everything is going downhill:(