PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: NH GOP to hold straw poll of 493 local bigwigs Saturday 1/22

wormyguy
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-news-wmur-pulse-hampshire-republicans/story?id=12645852

On Saturday, January 22, ABC News and WMUR-TV are teaming up for a first ever "straw poll" sanctioned by the New Hampshire Republican State Committee to see just what kind of buzz these 2012 candidates have among the party faithful. This Saturday, the 493 members of the New Hampshire Republican party will gather at the Pinkerton Academy in Derry, New Hampshire for their annual meeting. While there, each one of these party members will be able to anonymously choose the candidate they'd like to see as the party's nominee for 2012.

If anyone knows who's going to be voting in this, get to work!

BuddyRey
01-19-2011, 06:59 PM
I sure hope the Free State folks know about this.

erowe1
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-news-wmur-pulse-hampshire-republicans/story?id=12645852

If anyone knows who's going to be voting in this, get to work!

Just please, folks, no email bombs or anything like that.

muzzled dogg
01-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Just please, folks, no email bombs or anything like that.

just bombed ron paulers, that's it

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276086-NH-Straw-Poll

FSP-Rebel
01-19-2011, 07:37 PM
I sure hope the Free State folks know about this.

Very Very few of them are local party bigwigs so don't be shocked when Romney blows this thing apart.

Badger Paul
01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Its a closed meeting of the party elite. Given that independents can vote in the GOP primary, it means nothing.

HazyHusky420
01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Very Very few of them are local party bigwigs so don't be shocked when Romney blows this thing apart.

Remember McCain won the state primary in 2008.

speciallyblend
01-19-2011, 09:41 PM
this poll will be helpful in showing how bad or good the state gop really is!!

sailingaway
01-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Polls of bigwigs are to let the establishment control the early spin.

speciallyblend
01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
seems to me the best message to send to gop establishment is to have no fewer then 500 and possibly 1000 republican and liberty supporters outside the so-called bigwig event . make sure everyone is there early so all the big wigs see THE GRASSROOTS AT THE DOOR:)

hazek
01-20-2011, 07:11 AM
seems to me the best message to send to gop establishment is to have no fewer then 500 and possibly 1000 republican and liberty supporters outside the so-called bigwig event . make sure everyone is there early so all the big wigs see THE GRASSROOTS AT THE DOOR:)

Useless if the media propaganda doesn't report on it, and they wont.

speciallyblend
01-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Useless if the media propaganda doesn't report on it, and they wont.

not useless since it isn't for the media. It is a wake up call for the failed gop in that state if 500-1000 activists protest the gop event!! the gop has become useless in its own sense!! My post has nothing to do with the media whores! It has to do with the biggovwhores aka the gop establishment!! of course things are not bad enough yet to encourage 100-500 to get off their asses in that state so let the gop live or die on its own course!!

Bergie Bergeron
01-20-2011, 08:47 AM
A little last minute..

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Oh man!

Speciallyblend, I was hoping if I stayed off last night that avatar would be gone by the time I checked in this morning....

I posted on a separate thread that an RPFr needs help with flyers. He wants to drive up from Mass and hand them out outside the event. But he has no 2012 material and doesn't know how to change the 2008 flyer someone gave him to 2012. Can anyone help? Since G. Johnson apparently has people in the free state project telling everyone G Johnson not RP should win, and hinting this is what RP really wants (from what I've seen) I'm a little concerned with relying on the free state project alone. I'm not in it, so my concern may be unjustified, of course. But the only noise I've heard coming from the free state project so far was on Gary's behalf, and I'm not even sure they know Ron is a factor. The flyers at minimum would cure any such ignorance.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?269155-I-need-help-now-creating-RP-2012-literature-for-NH.&p=3071297&posted=1#post3071297

ronpaulhawaii
01-20-2011, 09:41 AM
I sent a note to a friend in NH, here is the reply.

yeah the straw polll is for only people who can vote. I think that the vote is going to split Gary J and Ron Paul with 'our people'. A lot of people are waiting to see if Ron is going to announce or not

hazek
01-20-2011, 10:00 AM
not useless since it isn't for the media. It is a wake up call for the failed gop in that state if 500-1000 activists protest the gop event!! the gop has become useless in its own sense!! My post has nothing to do with the media whores! It has to do with the biggovwhores aka the gop establishment!! of course things are not bad enough yet to encourage 100-500 to get off their asses in that state so let the gop live or die on its own course!!

Please help me help you understand. How is it going to matter if the media doesn't report on it? Look obviously a protest outside would show the people inside something. But the people inside are not voting themselves into office, they have the general public do that for them. And 500-1000 protesters are not the general public. And if the media doesn't report on it, the general public will never even know there were 500-1000 people outside protesting. Therefor they wont know of any opposition and will continue to vote for the status quo. And therefor a protest is useless, unless of course we'd have a way to report on it statewide.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 10:20 AM
I posted this at DP as well. Someone suggested stickers.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/154791

I also looked for a template of self printed stuff but so far the link I came up with no longer leads to the material.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Please help me help you understand. How is it going to matter if the media doesn't report on it? Look obviously a protest outside would show the people inside something. But the people inside are not voting themselves into office, they have the general public do that for them. And 500-1000 protesters are not the general public. And if the media doesn't report on it, the general public will never even know there were 500-1000 people outside protesting. Therefor they wont know of any opposition and will continue to vote for the status quo. And therefor a protest is useless, unless of course we'd have a way to report on it statewide.

I don't know about a protest, but I wonder if the free state project, which has several active G Johnson people in it, might not be being led to believe Ron isn't running and is backing Gary? I know I've seen those kind of suggestions from GJ supporters on this forum. I'd just like to let those who are active, and WILL be tracking this event in NH know that Ron is in the mix. Early, before they are committed to other efforts. I think a PRESENCE at minimum, is important.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 10:25 AM
I sent a note to a friend in NH, here is the reply.

If I received that note from a friend I would wonder if he wasn't involved in the group pushing Gary Johnson and suggesting to all that Ron might not run....or at least would wonder if he weren't already being targeted by that group making those suggestions and trying to wean support from Ron to Gary. He sure repeats the meme competently.

Obviously, I don't know your friend, though.

It DOES seem to me that people who support Ron Paul, but are being subjected regularly to hints that Ron likely isn't running and that 'this is the time to make a splash for GJ' might benefit from seeing other Ron Paul supporters there doing what Ron Paul supporters do -- to point out that 'exploration committee' or not, Ron is every bit as likely to run as Gary. Ron just wouldn't need to bother with any stinkin' exploration committee. As always, it's up to us.

speciallyblend
01-20-2011, 10:36 AM

nevermind you will never understand if i have to explain it!!

hazek
01-20-2011, 10:48 AM

I perfectly understand what you're saying. You want the leadership to see their opposition. What you don't seem to get and what I'm trying to help you understand is that they don't give a rats ass about us. We're not the majority of the voting block that gets them elected so they couldn't care less.

And unless the media reports our protest so more people get interested that protest is completely useless.