PDA

View Full Version : More police state doublethink

Anti Federalist
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
FAA to grant airspace waivers for military surveillance drones to spy on us.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/surveillance/2011-01-13-drones_N.htm

Federal judge rules you have no right record police.

http://www.theagitator.com/2011/01/19/federal-judge-says-there%E2%80%99s-no-first-amendment-right-to-record-police/

So, you will go jail if you record the cops, but the regime can record you anytime it wants.

In the Federal Judge case, the Ill-annoy law that the judge ruled on has this specific exemption for the cops:

The Illinois law also includes an exception for law enforcement, so police recordings without permission of the person being recorded are permissible.

QueenB4Liberty
01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
More people should be outraged. :( I'm sick of a nation of sheep.

Philhelm
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
I hate these fuckers with a fury that is unimaginable. I suppose people could protest, but we'll see where that goes...

Mr.Fish
01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
This is just moving into the outrageous. Police are already able to get away with things like murder with 3 months leave WITH PAY. Now we can't film evidence of police abuses?

The fact that they can film us without our permission is ridiculous, and the fact that the government thinks it can step on people's rights to doing what they please in a free, public area is ridiculous. I'm sure this is all to "protect public interests", but in fact it is just going to lead to more unheard abuses by police.

I'm not saying all police are power-hungry madmen, 99% of police are just regular blue-collar guys trying to make a decent living. However when you take all liabilities off of the other 1%, shit gets ugly.

I do have to question the Judge's reasoning as to why filming a police officer should lead to "up to 15 years in prison." I'd have understood if he'd said "Oh, it doesn't fit under the first amendment rights, so if you are up close and personal with the cop you can be charged with interfering an officer in the line of duty." but what the judge has implied is that not only can you not film a cop from afar, but you can be imprisoned for it.

You might as well hand the police diplomatic immunity and the ability to do whatever they please. Rob a bank? I'm sure they'd just get 3 months paid leave. The powers and privileges being given to cops is stretching into the ridiculous, and the courts seem to have forgotten that the job of the police is to protect and serve the PUBLIC, not themselves.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Sometimes I get the feeling we're heading back into the dark ages.

HazyHusky420
01-19-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm gonna shop around for chalk grinder. They're going to be reading alot when flying over my house.

Vessol
01-19-2011, 08:01 PM
I saw this in a newspaper last Friday at work and forgot to bring it up. Yeah, fucked up shit.

Philhelm
01-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Sometimes I get the feeling we're heading back into the dark ages.

The Dark Ages were much more free.

specialK
01-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Welcome to my world. Living in a border town here, we have been dealing with predator drones and blackhawk helicopters for awhile now. It's enough to get you spending time on a foreign liberty forum ;-).