PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul just rocked on the House Floor! - this needs to become a YouTube!

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
He really laid into all the ways the Constitution is perverted to pass unconstitutional legislation and said simply stating what clause justified legislation is worthless. He then went on to lay out a laundry list of unconstitutional wars, legislation and departments stating that they needed to be ended / abolished, that the Constitution needs more than just being played lip service to.

Video and a transcript should be up on C-SPAN archives later. It starts at about 6:17pm EST and is roughly 5 minutes. Wed Jan 19th.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/HouseSession3990

current transcript ends at 6:12pm EST

-t

DXDoug
01-19-2011, 05:36 PM
dam want to seee this lmk where when i can

Brett85
01-19-2011, 05:38 PM
How often do they update the archives?

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
could be hours. it should not be more than 24 hours.

-t

QueenB4Liberty
01-19-2011, 06:09 PM
He always rocks the floor whenever he speaks.

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Some good stuff in these 5 minute speeches tonight. Rep McClintoc (sp?) R-CA just ripped the Dept of Interior for creating an artificial water shortage and then imposing rationing for a problem that does not exist.

Gotta channel surf though - my programming is telling me I'm missing something more important, like American Idol or a reality game show or somethin... :D

-t

Koz
01-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Dam, Dr. Paul Rocks. My takeaway was that he just called out the GOP leadership and said don't pay lip serivce to the Constitution by this token bill.

pahs1994
01-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Wow Dr. Paul killed it at the end!

tangent.. there is nothing worth watching until 10:30 on comedy central. i missed yesterdays new episode of Tosh.O, luckily it is on repeat. :D

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Wow Dr. Paul killed it at the end!

tangent.. there is nothing worth watching until 10:30 on comedy central. i missed yesterdays new episode of Tosh.O, luckily it is on repeat. :D

lol! - thanks

Rep Yevette Clarke D-NY just said she would move to Canada if Obamacare is ever repealed! MOVE, BABY!, MOVE!

-t

QueenB4Liberty
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
That was great. I loved how all the Dems were whining even though nothing is actually going to come of this bill anytime soon, you know, the whole symbolic thing. So Ron Paul doesn't talk about the bill at all. Fantastic. Great speech.

sluggo
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Why hasn't anyone asked for a Youtube yet?

ctiger2
01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Why hasn't anyone asked for a Youtube yet?

It's up on http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/HouseSession3990 if you skip ahead to the 08:16:30 mark.

sailingaway
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Some one has to pull this for campaign videos. I don't have that capability....

sluggo
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks, ctiger2!

pacelli
01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice. Thanks for mentioning the exact time of the speech. That'll be good audio material for TELEVISED CAMPAIGN ADS.

nobody's_hero
01-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Walter Jones was on right before Ron Paul, talking about the ongoing conflict in Afghanistan. Some bold, truthful comments and a wake up call to other conservatives.

KurtBoyer25L
01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks ctiger! The page your link takes me to at this point seems to have the session chopped into parts. There isn't one long enough to have an 8 hour mark? But I'm searching for Ron in the later parts.

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks ctiger! The page your link takes me to at this point seems to have the session chopped into parts. There isn't one long enough to have an 8 hour mark? But I'm searching for Ron in the later parts.

The video is today, the parts below it are from yesterday - look at the dates.

-t

ctiger2
01-19-2011, 07:02 PM

You have to click play on the main video on the upper right and then skip to the 08:16:30 mark. The entire video is 9 hours, 58 minutes long.

SpiritOf1776_J4
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
It's not entirely worthless. It allows the states to state why they are nullifying a law, or a court the same reason. It also underlines the abused clauses.

KurtBoyer25L
01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Tangent, thanks. I was able to look up what a "date" was and how to count to 19. What concepts! I'm glad you didn't simply assume I made a silly mistake, as reasonably smart people make sometimes, my life will be forever enriched by these revelations! :-)

I also have a crappy browser that won't load the main one. Time for some firefox action.

low preference guy
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM
great find, tangent.

Chester Copperpot
01-19-2011, 07:15 PM
any youtube?

erowe1
01-19-2011, 07:37 PM
If you click to expand the timeline on the left and then click the bracket in that timeline for the speaker you want, it will take you right to it.

Here's Walter Jones:
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/clip.php?appid=599432072

(I say we get to work drafting him to run against Kay Hagan for Senate in 2014).

And here's RP:
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/videoLibrary/clip.php?appid=599432131

CaseyJones
01-19-2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfMlFqaQqvE

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276095-Ron-Paul-Explains-How-Americans-Can-quot-ONCE-AGAIN-Become-The-Standard-For-A-Free-Society-quot

aGameOfThrones
01-19-2011, 07:50 PM
John Taylor~

Roads are necessary in war; therefore congress may legislate locally concerning roads. Victuals, manufactures, and a certain state of national manners, are more necessary in war; therefore congress may legislate locally, concerning agriculture, manufactures and manners. The favour of the Deity is more necessary than either; therefore congress may provide salaries for priests of all denominations, in order to obtain it, without infringing the constitutional prohibition against an establishment; or they may incorporate sects, and exempt them from taxation. Roads are more necessary for collecting taxes than even banks. Taverns are very necessary or convenient for the officers of the army, congress themselves, the conveyance of the mail, and the accommodation of judges. But horses are undoubtedly more necessary for the conveyance of the mail and for war, than roads, which may be as convenient to assailants as defenders; and therefore the principle of an implied power of legislation, will certainly invest congress with a legislative power over horses. In short, this mode of construction completely establishes the position, that congress may pass any internal law whatsoever in relation to things, because there is nothing with which, war, commerce and taxation may not be closely or remotely connected.

John Quincy Adams

And now, friends and countrymen, if the wise and learned philosophers of the elder world, the first observers of nutation and aberration, the discoverers of maddening ether and invisible planets, the inventors of Congreve rockets and Shrapnel shells, should find their hearts disposed to enquire what has America done for the benefit of mankind?

Let our answer be this: America, with the same voice which spoke herself into existence as a nation, proclaimed to mankind the inextinguishable rights of human nature, and the only lawful foundations of government. America, in the assembly of nations, since her admission among them, has invariably, though often fruitlessly, held forth to them the hand of honest friendship, of equal freedom, of generous reciprocity.

She has uniformly spoken among them, though often to heedless and often to disdainful ears, the language of equal liberty, of equal justice, and of equal rights.

She has, in the lapse of nearly half a century, without a single exception, respected the independence of other nations while asserting and maintaining her own.

She has abstained from interference in the concerns of others, even when conflict has been for principles to which she clings, as to the last vital drop that visits the heart.

She has seen that probably for centuries to come, all the contests of that Aceldama the European world, will be contests of inveterate power, and emerging right.

Wherever the standard of freedom and Independence has been or shall be unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions and her prayers be.

But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy.

She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all.

She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.

She will commend the general cause by the countenance of her voice, and the benignant sympathy of her example.

She well knows that by once enlisting under other banners than her own, were they even the banners of foreign independence, she would involve herself beyond the power of extrication, in all the wars of interest and intrigue, of individual avarice, envy, and ambition, which assume the colors and usurp the standard of freedom.

The fundamental maxims of her policy would insensibly change from liberty to force....

She might become the dictatress of the world. She would be no longer the ruler of her own spirit....

[America's] glory is not dominion, but liberty. Her march is the march of the mind. She has a spear and a shield: but the motto upon her shield is, Freedom, Independence, Peace. This has been her Declaration: this has been, as far as her necessary intercourse with the rest of mankind would permit, her practice.

When John Quincy Adams served as U. S. Secretary of State, he delivered this speech to the U.S. House of Representatives on July 4, 1821, in celebration of American Independence Day.

rprprs
01-19-2011, 08:23 PM
As an aside, did anyone else notice all the errors in the written transcript? There are several. Some are funny..others not so.

Ooooh...I see we got decent smileys back. Yeah! :D

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2011, 08:32 PM
As an aside, did anyone else notice all the errors in the written transcript? There are several. Some are funny..others not so.

Ooooh...I see we got decent smileys back. Yeah! :D

From under the transcript:

"NOTE: The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning."

ie: someone is typing real fast and on the fly...

-t

rprprs
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
From under the transcript:

"NOTE: The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning."

ie: someone is typing real fast and on the fly...

-t

Ok, I guess that explains it. I would hate to think members of congress really take an oath to "a bath". lol

DamianTV
01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
There is ten hours of video on there, Im not watching all that.

Where in the vid is RP?

1836er
01-19-2011, 08:45 PM
That part at the end where he basically calls out the entire federal government as unconstitutional warms my heart to no end.

AtomiC
01-19-2011, 10:19 PM
That was an amazing speech!

It brought a tear to my eye... ;D

axiomata
01-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Wowzer.

Pericles
01-19-2011, 10:24 PM
lol! - thanks

Rep Yevette Clarke D-NY just said she would move to Canada if Obamacare is ever repealed! MOVE, BABY!, MOVE!

-t

After redistricting, that is probably where she will end up anyway.

tangent4ronpaul
01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfMlFqaQqvE

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276095-Ron-Paul-Explains-How-Americans-Can-quot-ONCE-AGAIN-Become-The-Standard-For-A-Free-Society-quot

Thank you!

-t

dannno
01-19-2011, 10:27 PM
//

CanadaBoy
01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
The president only has one role.
"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Someone tell me why Ron Paul isn't the president?

AtomiC
01-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Ron Paul for President in 2012!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Who's with me!!!!????

PermanentSleep
01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Um, this speech is rEVOLutionary. He literally just called out everything, point blank. I'm thinking this could be an epic "What If Remastered" type youtube video with some killer music behind it.

In honor of Dr. Paul's pwnage on the House floor: :collins::collins::collins::collins::collins::coll ins::collins::collins::collins::collins:

GunnyFreedom
01-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah, subscription absolutely required. speech shared to Facebook and Twitter. RP2012! Huzzah!

Suzu
01-20-2011, 12:11 AM
That part at the end where he basically calls out the entire federal government as unconstitutional warms my heart to no end.

It makes me want to run along the streets yelling "RON PAUL!!! RON PAUL!!!"

CUnknown
01-20-2011, 12:57 AM
ron paul for president in 2012!!!!!!!!! :d:d:d

who's with me!!!!????

ron paul 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vita3
01-20-2011, 07:16 AM
I like that he mentioned moral character a few times. you never hear that in Washington DC.