PDA

View Full Version : Almost considering law suit

Question_Authority
10-22-2007, 07:01 AM
I could barely sleep last night. After this latest debate debacle, I am so frustrated I want to scream. I laid there trying of think of ways to really combat the media's blatant (and insidious) ways they try to destroy a candidate.

In my overnight delirium, I kept thinking "class-action lawsuit". It is time the American people stood up against the media on many fronts. (The media is also largely responsible for leading us into the Iraq War.)

Is this type of lawsuit even possible? Am I being ridiculous? I don't know. ALl I know is I am just about to burst from anger. I am disgusted with this country and barely want to live here anymore.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a serious consideration and I wanted to get your feedback.

When are we going to make a stand against the media in a big way? If not a lawsuit, how?

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 07:09 AM
You would not get this done before the election. All it would do is divert you from promoting Paul on the ground and that is what he have to do.

I understand though, that focus group FOX likes to use is pure propaganda. I wonder how many people realize that guy leading it is an Image Consultant, who is hired to spin things?

It seems to me that we need to double, or even triple our efforts right now to get the word about Ron Paul out to every American that we possibly can. The media isn't going to do it for us. We can't wait for them or expect them to turnaround. WE have to do it and we CAN, if we just will.

me3
10-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Honestly, if you could focus your anger into working for the campaign, it would be a really big help because you seem really angry.

We're trying to tear down the machine, not stage a protest against it. Please join us.

freelance
10-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Let's tear down the machine after the election.

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 07:14 AM
dude you're on the right track to want to do something as a GROUP..

the lawsuit route is a NO GO because I believe the courts have already ruled that networks could lie legally.

Just think like a old-fashioned American Revolutionary!! Submit grievances...if they go unanswered then send out a DECLARATION and FINALLY utilize the 2nd Amendment for what it was INTENDED!!!!

Shiranu
10-22-2007, 07:14 AM
If a lawsuit was possible.... I sure as hell would go with it... but im still in highschool, so im not sure what you COULD sue them for... slander, possibly, but.. doubtful.

garrettwombat
10-22-2007, 07:15 AM
i wouldnt mind filing a class action lawsuit against fox news. after watching the outfoxed movie and last nights debate i can clearly see that the slandering of Ron paul was intentional.

its completly unfair and it has to be stoped,

Mortikhi
10-22-2007, 07:17 AM

the lawsuit route is a NO GO because I believe the courts have already ruled that networks could lie legally.

Just think like a old-fashioned American Revolutionary!! Submit grievances...if they go unanswered then send out a DECLARATION and FINALLY utilize the 2nd Amendment for what it was INTENDED!!!!
Im with you 110%.

Fox cant broadcast with no satellite receivers on the ground

thehittgirl
10-22-2007, 07:17 AM
I feel the same way as you, angry, couldn't sleep much last night. But I think we have to turn the anger into more action. Just think of the positive outcome. Ron won. The people have spoken.

Keep your eye on the prize and keep fighting.

KingTheoden
10-22-2007, 07:22 AM
Convert the frustration and anger into resolve. Believe me, you are in good company in your feelings about the 'debate.' Ron Paul implied that Fox stacked the house with neocons; he stated that he was not given many tickets for the venue.

The entire thing was a joke and meant to marginalize Ron Paul while pumping pumping the Huckster. The good thing is that very few people were watching in my estimation because there was game seven of the ALCS (Sox did it again!). Even I flipped back an forth, though I caught Ron Paul on all three of his questions and the howling audience.

It will get much worse from here on in, so mentally prepare yourself.

kylejack
10-22-2007, 07:22 AM
No lawsuit. We believe in freedom of speech, even if the media is a bunch of jerks.

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Im with you 110%.

Fox cant broadcast with no satellite receivers on the ground

it's not the recievers...its the transmitters wherever they are.

the "recievers" are satellite dishes and there are way too many (and they have all the channels essentially)....

If there were to be a boston tea party style revolt it would have to be the uplink sites.

centure7
10-22-2007, 07:40 AM
I could barely sleep last night. After this latest debate debacle, I am so frustrated I want to scream. I laid there trying of think of ways to really combat the media's blatant (and insidious) ways they try to destroy a candidate.

In my overnight delirium, I kept thinking "class-action lawsuit". It is time the American people stood up against the media on many fronts. (The media is also largely responsible for leading us into the Iraq War.)

Is this type of lawsuit even possible? Am I being ridiculous? I don't know. ALl I know is I am just about to burst from anger. I am disgusted with this country and barely want to live here anymore.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a serious consideration and I wanted to get your feedback.

When are we going to make a stand against the media in a big way? If not a lawsuit, how?

I didn't bother watching it because I knew what the show was... the core workings of the neo-con propeganda machine. You are focusing on the negative here far too much.

Personally I had trouble sleeping because we will actually raise over 300k in three days. This latest funding puts us on our best track ever... an amazing upward spiral. Look at the amazing numbers were pulling on almost any graph.

If you look at the facts it looks incredibly good for us, even despite the poll numbers (or lack of polls that bother to include Paul).

jointhefightforfreedom
10-22-2007, 07:40 AM

THIS IS STILL AMERICA ! AND YOU CAN SUE ANYONE FOR ANYTHING PERIOD!

I think we should to at the very least make a statement!
I totally agree and fell the same as the Thread starter here !
Words cannot describe the disgust i have with MSM and the fact that MSM
Leads the people to a vote based on a few Reporters OPINIONS!
REPORT THE DAMN NEWS not give your personal Opinions

if you want to give opinions then get a talk show!

as far as the lawsuit i would look into people lobying the news media for personal agenda!

here is a good reference link
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Dan_Rather_files_lawsuit_against_CBS

grfgerger
10-22-2007, 07:42 AM
It's infuriating sometimes but we have to focus that energy into positive results for the campaign. People have suffered much worse fates than we are right now so let's put it into perspective. If you still have your health, your wealth, and the desire to fix the system you need to direct your emotions toward the ultimate goal.

Mortikhi
10-22-2007, 07:47 AM
It's infuriating sometimes but we have to focus that energy into positive results for the campaign. People have suffered much worse fates than we are right now so let's put it into perspective. If you still have your health, your wealth, and the desire to fix the system you need to direct your emotions toward the ultimate goal.
Im missing 40% of my wealth

vauge
10-22-2007, 07:51 AM
The 'booing' is what is needed at this stage. It was painfully obvious when the text polls came back [kudos for honesty fox] who has the momentum and upswing of the Republican party.

Remember, *we* are looking through rose colored glasses... we know the future. :)
Most are being *told* what to see.

Don't be distracted... stay the course.

DeadheadForPaul
10-22-2007, 07:57 AM
While I feel you and admire your dedication to the campaign, the lawsuit will not accomplish anything. The network lawyers would stall it and make it last over many years, so you would not be helping for this election anyway. Additionally, you would not win because the media can lie if they want

Let's focus all that energy into getting new members for the Freedom movement

DaronWestbrooke
10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
I won't lie.. I did my part texting like crazy to help Paul, but I was pretty disappointed with how he performed last night. It wasn't just the stacked Fox crowd. Some of his answers weren't as passionate and to the point as he performed in the past few debates. The whole 'what if mexico put missles in europee' had me scratching my head. And his very first question, unable to hear, some of the people in the meetup watching with me were cursing at that one. I believe in the rEVOLution, but sometimes I think our figure head needs a little polishing.

Revolution9
10-22-2007, 08:12 AM
it's not the recievers...its the transmitters wherever they are.

the "recievers" are satellite dishes and there are way too many (and they have all the channels essentially)....

If there were to be a boston tea party style revolt it would have to be the uplink sites.

A 4 wheeler with a snow plow on it could do the right kind of "accidental damage" to shut down their feeds. I never let the FOX crews get away around here when they stp for anything without giving them the gears for working for a megalomaniacal enabler of mass murdering serial killers.

Randy

AdamT
10-22-2007, 08:14 AM
The best way to "stick it" to the lying scum MSM (Faux especially) is to get RP elected.

demosthenes
10-22-2007, 08:24 AM

I felt the same way, but it was also a mix of joy and rage considering how ron paul put that fox fool totally in his place.

I am disgusted with this country and barely want to live here anymore.
I can sympathize with this, but dont move away! Make change!

By questioning their practices over and over. Also launching an internet campaign to expose their devious acts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3kI8LNTqNo for example

huchahucha
10-22-2007, 08:45 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. Sure, the debate was rigged to make RP look bad, but the after debate interview with Hannity was worth every second of BS that RP put up with. Hannity was decidedly more civil this time around and though he tried, he was unable to catch RP in any traps that he laid out. RP was able to expose the fact that his supporters were not allowed into the debate and that he could fill the auditorium himself if given the chance. Hannity tried to say the phone poll was not accurate and RP turned that around to say FOX News cannot conduct an accurate poll. Hannity tried to make him look bad by saying RP will not support whomever wins the nomination, and RP turned it around and said he would have to see but it is obvious the other candidates are paying attention to his message because each candidate has become considerably less militant since the first debate.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Boycott, boycott, boycott!

I've added Fox News and it's advertisers to the boycott page at www.ronpaulsrebels.com

A Ron Paul Rebel

KingTheoden
10-22-2007, 09:12 AM
I won't lie.. I did my part texting like crazy to help Paul, but I was pretty disappointed with how he performed last night. It wasn't just the stacked Fox crowd. Some of his answers weren't as passionate and to the point as he performed in the past few debates. The whole 'what if mexico put missles in europee' had me scratching my head. And his very first question, unable to hear, some of the people in the meetup watching with me were cursing at that one. I believe in the rEVOLution, but sometimes I think our figure head needs a little polishing.

I think if you play back his quote, he clearly asked people to imagine if China were interfering in Mexico (in reference to our deployment to Iraq) and then had the seperate point that we are now putting (ABM) missiles in Europe on Russia's doorstep.

To me he was quite clear; perhaps I just know his mind all to well and my brain fills in the gaps.

Question_Authority
10-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Honestly, if you could focus your anger into working for the campaign, Please join us.

What makes you think I am NOT working for the campaign? Why is it that when people disagree with a post, they accuse you of not working hard for the campaign? I am busting my ass, as the leader of a meetup group and as a co-chair for a whole county!

But YES, dammit I am angry!

Question_Authority
10-22-2007, 09:22 AM

Wait a minute. I hope you are not telling me that you somehow voted for RP multiple times...? The poll will not allow it, and that is our only defense against their accusations. If you found a loophole, please do not exploit it. It does not help our cause.

I do concur, however, that he stumbled on some answers and almost seemed nervous at times. His last answer was KICK-ASS though.

DaronWestbrooke
10-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Wait a minute. I hope you are not telling me that you somehow voted for RP multiple times...? The poll will not allow it...
I do concur, however, that he stumbled on some answers and almost seemed nervous at times. His last answer was KICK-ASS though.

It is easy.. our meetup has some tools that are pretty cheap. We use ipipi, you can send several thousand messages for about $100 and the best part is because it doesn't use phone numbers, it bypasses poll secuirty.

I won't go into more here, you can find info on the secure area the meetup sites (if it was posted for your meetup group) so you can use this.

allyinoh
10-22-2007, 09:31 AM
How does one go about getting tickets for a debate? Do you buy them? The reason why I ask is how hard would it be to just act like supporters for another person and get in there and cheer for RP?

I know it's dirty but you know what? The MSM and other people are playing real dirty and I'd like to stay clean but I don' think I can put up with it much longer.

DaronWestbrooke
10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
I know it's dirty but you know what? The MSM and other people are playing real dirty and I'd like to stay clean but I don' think I can put up with it much longer.

This is a rEVOLution, not a business as usual campaign. What they call 'dirty tricks' we call fighting the system. We hvae to do everything we can to overcome the media blackout of our candidate and fight the establishment media!