PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain New Video - Herman Cain Discusses the Federal Reserve Argues Against Independent Audit

Zatch
01-19-2011, 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caeNXivEGEg

Also, he supported TARP:

Why I’m not excited about Herman Cain
Tue, 12/21/2010 - 12:32pm | posted by Jason Pye

As you may have heard, Herman Cain is planning on forming an exploratory committee for a presidential run in 2012. I’m not surprised. Cain has always held ambition to hold elected office. He ran for the United States Senate here in Georgia in 2006; losing to now-Senator Johnny Isakson without a runoff.

Many don’t realize that this isn’t the first time Cain, who once served as chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, has discussed a presidential bid. As Matt Lewis has noted, Cain ran for president in 2000.

Like many conservatives, Cain has used the tea party movement as a platform to build up his name and slam the policies of Barack Obama and Democrats. Unfortunately, the criticism of Obama and friends inside the tea party movement is no longer limited to economic policy.

However, Cain was largely silent during the six years of runaway spending under the Bush Administration and a Republican-controlled Congress. Like most Republicans, he only acknowledged his party’s failings after it was too late to do anything about it.

He backed the Wall Street bailout, or according to Cain, the “recovery plan,” as he called it on his radio show. Cain wrote that nationalizing banks “is not a bad thing.” He even went as far as criticizing opponents of the bailout, calling them “free market purists” and absurdly claiming that no valid criticism had been brought forward.

Fast-forward two years and we see that the bailout did little to help the country recover, especially since most of the “troubled assets” remain on the books of banks. Of course, Cain and other backers of the bailout still wrongly claim that taxpayers have seen a profit from TARP.

The advantage of him running is that he likely takes at least some of the wind out of Tax Hike Mike’s run as Cain is likely to get support from his fellow talk show host Neal Boortz, author of two books on the FairTax; a plan that Cain has also vigorously advocated. If you recall, Huckabee was able to court FairTax supporters in 2008, who seemed unconcerned about his record of tax hikes, support of cap-and-trade and nanny-statist policies, launching him to contender status.

Cain is an excellent speaker and will no doubt draw comparisons to Ronald Reagan. Unfortunately, the similarities end there. At least Reagan read F.A. Hayek (one of his favorite book’s was The Road to Serfdom) and understood Austrian economics. Cain doesn’t have those influences; at least if he did, they aren’t beliefs he holds today.

On a personal level, Cain is a nice guy. Very easy to talk to and doesn’t mind a difference of opinion. While he has been a successful businessman, he is also a reactionary, inconsistent and somewhat of an opportunist. No doubt, we all recognize these as the traits of a good politician.

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/7552-why-im-not-excited-about-herman-cain

Sola_Fide
01-19-2011, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caeNXivEGEg

This man is a poisonous viper. He should have NO place in the Tea Party movement.

Zatch
01-19-2011, 12:21 AM
This man is a poisonous viper. He should have NO place in the Tea Party movement.

My sentiments exactly.

JoshLowry
01-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Herman Cain is also making his friend Tom out to be a liar. This video is fantastic to have.

"I said Tom, do you all object to an audit?"

"He said, "No!""
Here is what is currently in section 714 of the US Code - Audit of Federal Reserve banks:
Under regulations of the Comptroller General, the Comptroller General shall audit an agency, but may carry out an onsite examination of an open insured bank or bank holding company only if the appropriate agency has consented in writing. Audits of the Federal Reserve Board and Federal reserve banks may NOT include—

transactions for or with a foreign central bank, government of a foreign country, or nonprivate international financing organization;
deliberations, decisions, or actions on monetary policy matters, including discount window operations, reserves of member banks, securities credit, interest on deposits, and open market operations;
transactions made under the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee; or
a part of a discussion or communication among or between members of the Board of Governors and officers and employees of the Federal Reserve System related to clauses (1)–(3) of this subsection.

Sola_Fide
01-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Bump.

Just so no one is confused about what Herman Cain truly believes...

JohnEngland
01-19-2011, 11:23 AM
This is the man I think Sarah Palin will endorse.

Matt Collins
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Herman Cain is a neocon according to Jack Hunter:
http://www.amconmag.com/larison/2011/01/18/herman-cain/

Matt Collins
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Herman Cain, who is also a shill for and former employee of the Federal Reserve, has come out on record of saying that "there is no need to audit the Federal Reserve"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiAkeFJXwUk&feature=player_embedded

SOURCE:
http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2011/01/no-need-to-audit-federal-reserve.html

JoshLowry
01-21-2011, 02:14 AM
Bump for Cain knowledge.

He will have a humorous speech at cpac I'm sure.

libertybrewcity
02-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Bump, this is great! I guess he never had potential after all.

Sola_Fide
02-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Bump^^^

Spread this video around...

sailingaway
02-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Someone posted in another thread that he was actually CHAIR of a fed branch.... I'll get the info.

Sola_Fide
02-27-2011, 02:57 PM
He backed the Wall Street bailout, or according to Cain, the “recovery plan,” as he called it on his radio show. Cain wrote that nationalizing banks “is not a bad thing.” He even went as far as criticizing opponents of the bailout, calling them “free market purists” and absurdly claiming that no valid criticism had been brought forward.

Herman Cain supported the bailouts and thinks nationalizing banks is good. What is the Tea Party about if not opposing the bank bailouts??

sailingaway
02-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Here is the info on Cain as an employee of the Federal Reserve, posted on another thread:

Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City

1995-1996

Deputy Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City

1992-1994

Who does not want to audit the federal reserve

Zatch
02-27-2011, 03:07 PM
bump

sailingaway
02-27-2011, 03:09 PM
yeah, bump.

sailingaway
02-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Here is a citation for Herman Cain being Chairman of the Federal Reserve branch of Kansas City: http://wsbradio.com/inside/herman_cain_bio.html

Apparently Herman Cain was a member of the Federal Reserve branch board of Governors, as well.

Could someone please remind me of the coding to put text into a hyper link so I can have my signature say 'Herman Cain was Chair of the Federal Reserve Branch of Kansas City' and have it be a link to this article, or another one?

Brett85
02-27-2011, 03:38 PM
I heard that Cain deleted all of the pro bailout articles from his website. He must be preparing to pull a Romney on that one.

Sola_Fide
02-27-2011, 03:45 PM
I heard that Cain deleted all of the pro bailout articles from his website. He must be preparing to pull a Romney on that one.

Link?

Zatch
02-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Link?

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/7634-tarp-backer-herman-cain-announces-presidential-bid

Matthew Zak
02-27-2011, 03:50 PM
So the republicans think they're going to wrestle power away from Obama and prevent Ron Paul from spreading the message by attempting to hijack the tea-party movement and presenting another status-quo black man as Obama's competition? And they're going to play this hand...now?

Bring. It. On.

Sola_Fide
02-27-2011, 04:01 PM
He even went as far as criticizing opponents of the bailout, calling them “free market purists” and absurdly claiming that no valid criticism had been brought forward. Those are not the words of a free market, tea party conservative.

*facepalm*

JoshLowry
03-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Bumping

Matt Collins
03-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Bumping
Is that allowed? We may have to report you to the mods. Expect to be banned soon!

demolama
03-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Cain was hosting the Neal Boortz show? that explains a lot. Boortz isn't much better than Hannity or Rush. I can't believe how so many people get suckered into Tea Party candidates which are no different than the established Republicans

TaxSanity
04-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Herman has the rap down -- the pitter patter, the song and dance -- but he is insincere about running.

If he were really a candidate, he would not burden himself with the great sounding, but absurd, Fairtax. Either he has no clue that Fairtax fine print has been exposed, or he knows and doesn't care. Either way, he can't possibly run a national campaign with that as his basic economic platform. It would be a giant rug that would be pulled out from under him. Notice Dr Paul nor his son are for it -- if it's so wonderful, why not? There are a lot of bogus things about Fairtax.

Cain is a smart man, however, he knows he can get a lot of attention -- and some money. Pretending to run for president has morphed into a very lucrative way to spend your time.

FrankRep
04-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Flip Flop, Flip Flop, Flip Flop.

He also released a video thanking Ron Paul for putting pressure on the Fed.

Matt Collins
04-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Flip Flop, Flip Flop, Flip Flop.

He also released a video thanking Ron Paul for putting pressure on the Fed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Mqie_h9uU

BlackTerrel
04-07-2011, 12:44 AM
So the republicans think they're going to wrestle power away from Obama and prevent Ron Paul from spreading the message by attempting to hijack the tea-party movement and presenting another status-quo black man as Obama's competition? And they're going to play this hand...now?

Bring. It. On.

Who thinks that? 99% of people have not heard of Herman Cain and he has no chance of winning anything.

He has some strong support in Atlanta maybe is all.

Sola_Fide
05-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Herman Cain is a neocon according to Jack Hunter:
http://www.amconmag.com/larison/2011/01/18/herman-cain/

^^^

Sola_Fide
05-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Herman Cain is for perpetual war and nation building:

Cain spent some more time explaining his view of the war on terror—“we’re going to be in this war forever” —and the Iraq War. “The people of Iraq, they wanted to become a democracy,” he said. “If they did not want to become a democracy, I do not think President Bush forced it upon them. Once it was clear that they wanted to become a democracy, President Bush pledged to help them do that. I know enough from the reports that I’ve read that this is something the Iraqi people wanted.”