PDA

View Full Version : Are other candidate forums THIS active?

Eric21ND
01-18-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm really curious about this. Heck do other candidates even have a forum of supporters? Maybe we're all political geeks/junkies. This is one of my favorite forums that I visit daily.

Sola_Fide
01-18-2011, 03:21 AM
I've wondered that too.

Does Henry Waxman have a forum dedicated to him?

jtstellar
01-18-2011, 07:48 AM
lol

it's good to have a place to talk about candidates w/o getting comments complaining that they "split votes" from the left vs. right scheme

as i have noticed on ralph nader's article recently on him championing this supposed "progressive" libertarian alliance

was doubtful of the armchair do-nothing, grassroots-nonexistant phony non-interventionist left already, scrolled down to the comment section and read progressives attacking each other on the supposed splitting of votes ralph nader caused last time-- my personal bias of allies of the useless left reinforced.

Elwar
01-18-2011, 08:18 AM
The other candidates don't allow free exchange of thought. Lest the truth be revealed to their sheep.

oyarde
01-18-2011, 07:30 PM
I've wondered that too.

Does Henry Waxman have a forum dedicated to him?

Waxman ! Ha , lol

RonPaulFanInGA
01-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Conservatives4Palin is active. And Palin's Facebook, if that counts, is extremely active too. Ron Paul's Facebook...not so much. Hardly ever even updated (last update: December 8, 2010.) Can't imagine why Paul's people are letting it rot like that; makes it seem other candidates' people understand social media better.

Inkblots
01-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Conservatives4Palin is active. And Palin's Facebook, if that counts, is extremely active too. Ron Paul's Facebook...not so much. Hardly ever even updated (last update: December 8, 2010.)

Eh, that Facebook thing? It's just a fad; no one'll be using it in six months. ;)

Kludge
01-18-2011, 07:52 PM
John McCain, Barack Obama & Fred Thompson Forums were pretty popular in '08 but they've died down since. I think those are the targets we'll have to shoot for.

HazyHusky420
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM
deleted

HazyHusky420
01-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Apart from Facebook all the political action seems to be reduced to blogs and YouTube videos.

CUnknown
01-18-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure this forum is unique among politicians.

The closest parallels would be DailyKos or something like that, but that isn't focused on one candidate in particular. Or I guess the Palin page that was mentioned. But does that talk about policy at all? If it does, I just can't imagine what there would be to talk about..

Edit: I just checked out Conservatives4Palin, and on the front page, they're talking about a money bomb! Unbelievable ... it's times like this when I have a suspicion that we've made a much bigger impact than even we think we have. People are copying us, our talking points, our language.. We're so cool. :D

Edit x 2: I can't find the forum on that site, Conservatives4Palin. It's just a blog site from what I can see.. people can comment, but it doesn't seem at all like what we've got here. I don't think it counts. I think we're unique.

sailingaway
01-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Conservatives4Palin is active. And Palin's Facebook, if that counts, is extremely active too. Ron Paul's Facebook...not so much. Hardly ever even updated (last update: December 8, 2010.) Can't imagine why Paul's people are letting it rot like that; makes it seem other candidates' people understand social media better.

We probably understand the privacy policies of facebook BETTER and hence avoid it. I 'liked' his page. I 'liked' Rand's campaign page, and I will 'like' Rand's senate page. Other than that, I only use facebook to monitor what my kids put onto the internet.

However, Palin's supporters are very active.