PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Baldwin making Montana press: "There's a fight coming"

fj45lvr
01-17-2011, 11:27 PM
http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/article/baldwin_theres_a_fight_coming/21438/

Cowlesy
01-17-2011, 11:51 PM
He also emphasized that whether someone is a Christian should not cause divisions among those girding for the coming fight.

“Some of our biggest enemies call themselves Christians,” Baldwin said. “Some of our biggest allies do not call themselves Christians.”

“I will fight alongside anyone who will fight for liberty,” he added. “And I will fight against anyone who opposed liberty even if they call themselves Christian.”

That's what I like about Chuck Baldwin. He might be a fire/brimstone pastor, but he doesn't alienate people.

wormyguy
01-18-2011, 12:04 AM
A hit piece, but I suppose any publicity is good publicity, especially for a third party. I wish he'd run in the GOP primary.

Agorism
01-18-2011, 12:08 AM
I'd rather have him as a senator.

BuddyRey
01-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Wow, that's a great quote, Cowlesy. Makes me think I wrote the man off too hastily back in '08.

Agorism
01-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Baldwin moved out of Florida and into Montana last year.

Baldwin is using the Rand strategy. Get away from large states where its more difficult for a niche candidate to win. Rand's nation wide base was able to overwhelm the GOP in small state Kentucky.

It's not that we couldn't win in Texas or Florida, but it becomes more difficult as senate war chests rise into the 10's, 20's and 30 million range. Think how expensive the California race was this year. $100 million maybe? That's larger than some presidential campaigns.

Sola_Fide
01-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Great quote!

Vessol
01-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Amazing quote, thanks for sharing.

speciallyblend
01-18-2011, 02:34 AM
That's what I like about Chuck Baldwin. He might be a fire/brimstone pastor, but he doesn't alienate people.

yep one of the reasons i voted for chuck in 2008 and if the gop doesn't get their act straight soon. I just might be voting chuck in 2012!!!

Sola_Fide
01-18-2011, 03:17 AM
Chuck Baldwin is a true patriot. True patriots fight for Liberty no matter what their own personal views are. Liberty is an end in itself for a true patriot.

I wish atheist "libertarians" who secretly want a rule by scientific elite were as principled as Chuck is.

Vessol
01-18-2011, 04:05 AM
Chuck Baldwin is a true patriot. True patriots fight for Liberty no matter what their own personal views are. Liberty is an end in itself for a true patriot.

I wish atheist "libertarians" who secretly want a rule by scientific elite were as principled as Chuck is.

So you fight an open handed approach to liberty by Chuck Baldwin, and then throw that in the shitter saying that everyone who is an atheist and a libertarian, is not only a "libertarian"(the quotes mean you don't think they are actual libertarians?) and wants to be ruled by the "scientific elites"?

That's pretty distasteful and low.

How does this sound:

"I wish theist "libertarians" who secretly want a rule by theocratic elite morality police were as principled as Chuck is. "

Does that make you feel warm and respected or that the liberty movement is being broadened? Of course I don't actually believe that non-sense. Don't praise a bridge building and then proceed to set fire to aforementioned bridge.

Sola_Fide
01-18-2011, 04:19 AM

How does this sound:

"I wish theist "libertarians" who secretly want a rule by theocratic elite morality police were as principled as Chuck is. ".

How does that sound? That sounds great! That is what many of us, atheists and Christians, have been saying. I, as a Christian, don't want to be ruled by ANY elite. I want self-rule, which is what every libertarian should ultimately want.

Also, theocracy is not "rule by an elite". That is a common misconception. Theocrats like Rushdoony, or Sandlin, or North are basically libertarians as far as the structure (or lack thereof) of government goes.

I think you will grant to me that there is a real problem of statism in atheism, right? Many times I see it spill over in some of the posters here. Statism must be fought in Christianity and atheism!

roho76
01-18-2011, 05:41 AM
This is why, as an (insert non religious label here), I voted for Chuck Baldwin and I'm damn proud of it. You go Chuck. I support you 100% on the liberty front.

nobody's_hero
01-18-2011, 06:19 AM
I wish Chuck would run for something other than president. I think he would make a great Representative or Senator, but since his move, I'm not sure how long he has to be living in Montana to run. It may not apply to U.S. seats, but I'm sure he has to live in Montana for a while before attempting to win a state seat.

He'd be good for getting the not-so-Christian Christians to understand the "Just War Theory," and how we're in gross violation of it.

PermanentSleep
01-18-2011, 07:13 AM
He'd be good for getting the not-so-Christian Christians to understand the "Just War Theory," and how we're in gross violation of it.

Right on!

TonySutton
01-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Folks, some of you did not read the linked article. I urge you to read it. Chuck is talking about running for Governor of Montana and taking a stand against the federal government. I honestly believe this is a great development for the Liberty movement. I have been thinking very hard about Montana for about a year now. Honestly there are a lot of positives to moving out there. Chuck has now added a very large plus with his talk about running for governor.

Sola_Fide
01-18-2011, 09:35 AM
“There has to be a governor willing to put his life on the line to defend the Constitution.”

Baldwin, the 2008 presidential nominee for the national Constitution Party, described waking in the middle of the night and imagining himself, as governor of Montana, writing a letter to the federal government taking control of all the state’s national parks, forests and Wilderness areas.

“I write, ‘all of the land that you claim is federal has just been reclaimed by the state of Montana,’” Baldwin said.

“All these wilderness areas and U.N. wilderness is just an excuse to enslave the citizenry.”

:):):)

erowe1
01-18-2011, 09:43 AM
I just made a Chuck Baldwin for Governor of Montana Facebook group. This whole idea is thrilling.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_195367910477794

HazyHusky420
01-18-2011, 10:26 AM

Yeah that godless heathen Murray Rothbard had zero principle *sarcasm*

I've met plenty of libertarian atheists and they don't want to be ruled by some "scientific elite" either.

Let me guess, you think Buddhist and Pagan libertarians are "demonic new agers in disguise who secretly worship Al Gore and eat aborted fetuses"?

HazyHusky420
01-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Meh. I guess i'll throw a little support at him since he's in another state. I mean he is a good tool for rebelling against centralized government. I just hope if Montana secedes he doesn't turn it into some protectionist theocracy surrounded by giant walls that take billions to build.

SovereignMN
01-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Forget Senator or Congressman, we need STATESMEN at the executive level. I would love to see Baldwin run for Governor of Montana.

goldenequity
01-18-2011, 12:28 PM
^That^

Southron
01-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I wonder if he could win as a Republican against what seem to be Democrat leaning governor and US senator positions? Maybe run as a Democrat if possible?

K466
01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Well this sounds goooooood! Lucky Montana...

silentshout
01-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Wow, this agnostic libertarian is very impressed by this guy..i wish more Christians on the right were inclusive to people who share the same ideals, other than. The same religion.

Vessol
01-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Chuck Baldwin is going to run for governor? That's great news.

However, Brian Schweitzer will be a hard one to run against.

Schweitzer has largely fermented a positive image in the eyes of Montanans. In pictures it's almost hard not to find him in jeans and a rancher shirt, and he brings his dog everywhere. Schweitzer is also fairly well liked in Montana, he is a fierce supporter of gun rights and even signed the Montana Firearms Freedom Act, which frees any firearms made in Montana from Federal regulations.

There's also the hidden fact that Schweitzer is a big supporter of farm subsidization by the government and he has a strong lobby willing to defend him if someone challenges that.

jmdrake
01-18-2011, 04:51 PM
At the risk of derailing an otherwise awesome thread, I want to point out that I think AquaBuddha is referring to people here at RPF that sometimes advocate restricting religious freedom while still claiming the mantel "libertarian". I've seen people argue, for example, that state schools should be able to fail students because of their personal beliefs expressed outside of the classroom. That's not libertarian in my book. But I'm no expert on the subject.

So you fight an open handed approach to liberty by Chuck Baldwin, and then throw that in the shitter saying that everyone who is an atheist and a libertarian, is not only a "libertarian"(the quotes mean you don't think they are actual libertarians?) and wants to be ruled by the "scientific elites"?

How does this sound:

"I wish theist "libertarians" who secretly want a rule by theocratic elite morality police were as principled as Chuck is. "

Does that make you feel warm and respected or that the liberty movement is being broadened? Of course I don't actually believe that non-sense. Don't praise a bridge building and then proceed to set fire to aforementioned bridge.

Romulus
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Baldwin is a smart principled man... his future looks bright there. And what a great move..

jmdrake
01-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Way to go pastor Chuck. Smart move! 2012 is going to be a good year, I can feel it. Here's another epic quote.

Baldwin described other states, particularly in the Rocky Mountain West, eventually joining Montana in its fight against, “the terrorists of Washington D.C.” It is that struggle he believes is coming that prompted the former head of Florida’s Moral Majority to leave the Baptist church he led there for 35 years and move his family to the Flathead Valley several months ago.

Yep. We all know who the real terrorists are.

osan
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM

Strikes me as a hypocrite on the issue of "Freedom". That whole abortion deal sticks in my craw. Blah blah blah and on about freedom out of one side of his mouth and "ban abortion" out the other. Either we are free or we are not. What's it going to be?

Lots of what he says seems to be on the money, but where freedom is concerned I find it difficult to trust someone who is clearly willing to use force against women to make them carry to term. I respect his views on abortion, so why does he not respect mine?

jmdrake
01-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Strikes me as a hypocrite on the issue of "Freedom". That whole abortion deal sticks in my craw. Blah blah blah and on about freedom out of one side of his mouth and "ban abortion" out the other. Either we are free or we are not. What's it going to be?

Lots of what he says seems to be on the money, but where freedom is concerned I find it difficult to trust someone who is clearly willing to use force against women to make them carry to term. I respect his views on abortion, so why does he not respect mine?

http://www.christianshirts.net/images/envstickers/equal.gif

Chuck Baldwin's position on abortion = Ron Paul's position on abortion.

HOLLYWOOD
01-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Forget Senator or Congressman, we need STATESMEN at the executive level. I would love to see Baldwin run for Governor of Montana.
The more Chuck speaks out now, the better he gets and I'm very very impressed with his dialog since Barry's election. He has the appeal as governor/senator... the conditions are right for Chuck to run for something out of Montana.

fj45lvr
01-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Love chuck....

he knows:

there's a fight coming

terrorists are in D.C.

“All these wilderness areas and U.N. wilderness is just an excuse to enslave the citizenry.”

that montana is a place to be for the fight.

He is a smart cookie.

Sola_Fide
01-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Ron Paul is my congressman, even though I don't live in Texas.

Rand Paul is my Senator, even though I don't......wait, I do live in Kentucky! Lucky me!

If Chuck Baldwin becomes governor in Montana, he will be my governor.

messana
01-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Montana would definitely be a state worth moving to if he wins the governorship.

speciallyblend
01-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Montana would definitely be a state worth moving to if he wins the governorship.

great state just cold as mf in the winter!!!

Pericles
01-19-2011, 08:43 AM
I'd rather be cold and free than live in a temperate zone as subject to tyranny.

Vessol
01-19-2011, 10:34 AM

It's not that bad. It's a dry cold. I would say it's not much different than Colorado :P.

Montana is also one of the prettiest states.

TonySutton
01-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Chuck Baldwin is going to run for governor? That's great news.

However, Brian Schweitzer will be a hard one to run against.

Schweitzer has largely fermented a positive image in the eyes of Montanans. In pictures it's almost hard not to find him in jeans and a rancher shirt, and he brings his dog everywhere. Schweitzer is also fairly well liked in Montana, he is a fierce supporter of gun rights and even signed the Montana Firearms Freedom Act, which frees any firearms made in Montana from Federal regulations.

There's also the hidden fact that Schweitzer is a big supporter of farm subsidization by the government and he has a strong lobby willing to defend him if someone challenges that.

The current governor is in his second term. Montana limits terms to 8 years in a 16 year period so the next election will not have an incumbent. This may be the perfect storm for Chuck Baldwin.

SovereignMN
01-19-2011, 11:38 AM
The biggest question for Chuck is whether he will run as a CP candidate or try the Republican primary.