PDA

View Full Version : Fake cops rob house in home invasion

Anti Federalist
01-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Well, hell, why not?

It's the perfect cover, since the cops are busting down people's doors on a daily basis.

So you get to guess, in a split second, whether the goons busting down your door in the middle of the night are real (?) goons or not.

Going to jail for the rest of your life, execution at the hands of the state, getting cut to ribbons by well armed "back up", or blind submission are some of the outcomes/options available to you.

Gotta love the government that puts you in that position.

In any kind of sane society, anybody who kicks in your door, wearing masks, heavily armed, unannounced, at oh-dark-thirty, would be treated, without question, as dangerous, life threatening criminals.

Gunmen posing as police break into Fayette home

January 15, 2011

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201101151335

By Staff reports
The Charleston Gazette

MONTGOMERY HEIGHTS, W.Va. -- Two armed men posing as police officers broke into a Fayette County home early Saturday, and then sprayed the people inside with pepper spray, bound their hands and feet with duct tape, and tried to rob them, the Fayette sheriff said.

The suspects identified themselves as state police when they broke into the residence in the Montgomery Heights area around midnight Saturday, according to a news release from Fayette Sheriff Steve Kessler. They wore dark masks and clothing with what looked like some type of police insignia on their jackets.

The suspects were armed with a handgun and a shotgun, Kessler said. After identifying themselves as police, they told the victims they were there to search the residence for drugs and money. They demanded the combination to a safe in the home, but none of the victims were able to give the combination.

JoshLowry
01-17-2011, 04:33 PM
This guy wouldn't have had the time to tell the difference: http://www.copblock.org/1594/search-and-destroy-utah-swat-team-murders-drug-suspect-on-video/

I'd like to see legislation passed that mandates no knock raiders use tazers only when entering a home.

Flushed meth is far less costly than a death.

amy31416
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
The only way I can think of to even protect yourself from this sort of thing is to, essentially, fortify your house and have motion sensors/cameras all over the house/property hooked up to alarms. Along with some very alert dogs. And a safe room in your house.

Of course, most of the victims of this sort of thing could never afford any such setup and it's a bit hard to rely on a broken "justice" system when you're dead. And all it takes is a neighbor that doesn't like you who calls the cops and claims that you're dealing drugs.

Vessol
01-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Whats the difference between "fake cops" and "real cops"?

AFPVet
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
This is why you should always take up defensive positions and dial 911 to verify.

AFPVet
01-17-2011, 05:06 PM
The only way I can think of to even protect yourself from this sort of thing is to, essentially, fortify your house and have motion sensors/cameras all over the house/property hooked up to alarms. Along with some very alert dogs. And a safe room in your house.

Of course, most of the victims of this sort of thing could never afford any such setup and it's a bit hard to rely on a broken "justice" system when you're dead. And all it takes is a neighbor that doesn't like you who calls the cops and claims that you're dealing drugs.

This^

Anti Federalist
01-17-2011, 06:31 PM

20 to 30 years in prison depending on who you shoot at.

Vessol
01-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Lol, well what I mean is.

What makes a guy wearing a fancy uniform and carrying a shiny badge anymore real than if I do the same?

Icymudpuppy
01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Are you more concerned about a burgler entering your home when you are out of town, or a police raid or other violent entry?

If the former, place your exterior doors in the typical installation method of hinges inside, door opens inward (easy to kick in as the only thing holding it in place is the bolt)

If the latter, place the hinges on the outside. The door in this configuration is almost impossible to break into. A good handman with a punch and hammer can pop the hinges in about 10 minutes. Without the right size punch, it can't be done. Most break/enterers won't have the right size punch. Leaving windows their only option, through which you can see them better.

forsmant
01-17-2011, 08:18 PM

What makes a guy wearing a fancy uniform and carrying a shiny badge anymore real than if I do the same?

Presumed legitimacy based upon hundred years of tradition and general consensus.

heavenlyboy34
01-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Presumed legitimacy based upon hundred years of tradition and general consensus.

+rep

Anti Federalist
01-17-2011, 10:25 PM

Ah hem...

<<<In my best Irish Cop accent.

OK there boy-o, what's with all the wise malarkey now?

Show's over, nothing to see here, move along or I'll thump your head for ye.

Pericles
01-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Are you more concerned about a burgler entering your home when you are out of town, or a police raid or other violent entry?

If the former, place your exterior doors in the typical installation method of hinges inside, door opens inward (easy to kick in as the only thing holding it in place is the bolt)

If the latter, place the hinges on the outside. The door in this configuration is almost impossible to break into. A good handman with a punch and hammer can pop the hinges in about 10 minutes. Without the right size punch, it can't be done. Most break/enterers won't have the right size punch. Leaving windows their only option, through which you can see them better.

Great idea - create a "double door" system where an outer door opens outward and an inner door with hinges on the interior. That should give enough reaction time to change the dynamics of the situation.

Anti Federalist
01-18-2011, 01:41 PM
///

fisharmor
01-18-2011, 02:15 PM

One makes his meager living as a social parasite causing inconvenience, bodily harm, and loss of property to targets of opportunity,
and the other is a criminal.

Krugerrand
01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11018/1118842-100.stm

The sentence is 70 months on the voluntary manslaughter charge, which will be followed by 120 months on the firearms charge, to be served consecutively. That will be followed by three years on supervised release. The Korbes also must forfeit their house at 111 Woods Run Road in Indiana Township.
~
Agent Hicks, 33, was killed when he was the first person to make entry into the Korbe home. Mrs. Korbe fired a single shot from the upstairs of the house that struck and killed him.

She claimed that she believed that someone was breaking into their home, and that she fired the shot to protect herself and her children.
~
"I have never denied that I was the one who fired that fateful shot that morning and am taking on that responsibility. I still have not heard the FBI taking any responsibility in all of this because they refuse to accept that their unnecessary actions played an integral part," she wrote.

Mrs. Korbe goes on to blame the FBI for harassing her family, fabricating evidence and threatening witnesses. She also said that she has been "unfairly overprosecuted."

In her letter, Mrs. Korbe said the actions of the FBI have made the likelihood of her getting a fair trial "almost impossible."

"In God's eyes, all life is valued," she wrote. "There is no prison sentence for the blood on their hands in this case and countless others."

"The federal government justifies its actions by twisting the law as well as the truth because there is nobody who polices these branches of law enforcement."
~
But then, she goes on: "To the Hicks family, again, I am so, so, so sorry. As a mother, all I know is to protect my babies from harm even if it is my life for theirs. I did what any mother would in the darkness of night, when someone or something is threatening your children's safety."

Krugerrand
01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
This is also why I believe no traffic violations should ever be enforced with an unmarked police car. If your car does not have decals - it should not be able to be used for traffic stops. Otherwise it makes it too easy for fake police and traffic laws are more of a tax system extension than anything else.

Freedom 4 all
01-18-2011, 03:38 PM
one makes his meager living as a social parasite causing inconvenience, bodily harm, and loss of property to targets of opportunity,
and the other is a criminal.

lmao +1

Pericles
01-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Sad case right there.

Krugerrand
01-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Sad case right there.

It sure was. I can think of very few reasons why if cops bust into a house with guns drawn they should not be free game to be shot at. This was a drug case and there were children in the house. It's inexcusable to bust into that house. What possibly could have been the harm in surrounding the house and waiting for the fellow to come out?

The prosecution of this case simply enforces to the criminal world, as seen in the OP, holler out that you are the police or FBI when you bust into somebody's house to rob them.

Promontorium
01-19-2011, 07:42 AM

I wish she hadn't plead out. She was clearly coherent enough to understand exactly why this is injust. I think her lawyer convinced her to quit.

This also really reminds me how little of a god damn it matters what relatives of dead people think. Every dead person becomes a saint in the eyes of family members. Everytime I read of a kid being killed in my town for generally evil behavior, the family declares how perfect the kid was. They have no business in courts. It's emotional bullshit. I don't think it has any place in law. I'd like to think maybe judges would reach a saturation point where they start getting numb listening to crying mothers, but our prisons are clogging to the brims.

Krugerrand
01-19-2011, 08:46 AM
I wish she hadn't plead out. She was clearly coherent enough to understand exactly why this is injust. I think her lawyer convinced her to quit.

This also really reminds me how little of a god damn it matters what relatives of dead people think. Every dead person becomes a saint in the eyes of family members. Everytime I read of a kid being killed in my town for generally evil behavior, the family declares how perfect the kid was. They have no business in courts. It's emotional bullshit. I don't think it has any place in law. I'd like to think maybe judges would reach a saturation point where they start getting numb listening to crying mothers, but our prisons are clogging to the brims.

I sure can't disagree. But, I also can't fault a person for taking such a plea. Cases like this have the full weight of the State pushing down on them. A chance to be free in 15 years as opposed to a very clear possibility that she'd be in prison the rest of her life. That's not easy. Plus, we're probably looking at a state appointed defense attorney. It would take somebody with some deep pockets to be able to fight off these charges.

I'd be curious to see if she can still file a civil suit against the FBI for causing the scenario to unfold as it did.

Given:
1) The courts have determined that the State cannot be expected to provide personal protection from criminals?
2) Any Tom Dick or Harry can shout out "Police!" or "FBI!" as they bust down your door.

How is your average law abiding citizen supposed to know when it's "okay" to defend himself?

Golding
01-19-2011, 08:49 AM
You could tell this wasn't a real cop because no one was shot.

Anti Federalist
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
///