PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie Rules Out 2012 Presidential Run

Zatch
01-16-2011, 04:55 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/gop-jersey-governor-2012-presidential-race/

WASHINGTON — New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, a rising star in the Republican party, ruled out a presidential run in 2012, telling an interviewer that President Barack Obama "can rest easy."

The governor was pressed on his intentions in an interview on Fox News Sunday, which highlighted poll numbers showing him to be the only potential Republican candidate who would beat Obama in a head-to-head race.

"Listen, the president can rest easy," Christie said. "The only guy who could beat him in the poll isn't running. I have a state to run. I love New Jersey."

Christie, who is only 48, did not rule out a run for the presidency in 2016 or further in the future, and said that each year he serves as governor would better prepare him for the White House.

"I am not arrogant enough to believe that after one year as governor of New Jersey and seven years as United States attorney I'm ready to be president of the United States. I'm not going to run," he said.

Christie has gained a following among Republicans by slashing spending in his home state to bring deficits under control. As a federal prosecutor, he built a reputation by winning convictions against public officials for corruption.

A new poll by Zogby International found that Christie, alone among potential Republican candidates, would beat Obama 43 to 40 percent if the presidential elections were held today.

Gage
01-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Isn't this the tenth time he's said he's not going to run?

Agorism
01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Good

Zatch
01-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Isn't this the tenth time he's said he's not going to run?

He doesn't look like someone who would be interested in running for anything...OH SNAP! ^__^

specsaregood
01-16-2011, 05:42 PM
More likely internal polls show that his anti-2nd amendment and pro cap/trade stances would kill him in a Republican primary.

qh4dotcom
01-16-2011, 05:51 PM
More likely internal polls show that his anti-2nd amendment and pro cap/trade stances would kill him in a Republican primary.

He's a Republican and anti-2nd amendment?

specsaregood
01-16-2011, 05:53 PM
He's a Republican and anti-2nd amendment?

He's a law and order guy. He isn't "kucinich-level" anti-2nd but he certainly isn't pro-2nd amendment.

Humanae Libertas
01-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Seriously, is this guy the best the Republitard party can do? They must really want to stop Ron Paul.

Rael
01-16-2011, 06:34 PM
dammit you beat me to it =P

emazur
01-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Guess Ann Coulter will default back to endorsing Ron Paul 2012 for now.

cindy25
01-16-2011, 09:01 PM
he didn't rule out VP, that is his goal

LibForestPaul
01-17-2011, 08:46 AM
"I am not arrogant enough to believe that after one year as governor of New Jersey and seven years as United States attorney I'm ready to be president of the United States. I'm not going to run," he said.

Is this a little zing at Obama's expense :)

Koz
01-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Christie would be awful, but I will say one thing about him, I bet he's probably the only neocon that has the nuts to stop the spending in the federal gubment. Pawlenty, Huckster, Palin, Romney, et al. will be Bush's 3rd term.