PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Texas Straight Talk : Why Government Cannot “Make Us Safe” by Mandating Security

sailingaway
01-16-2011, 04:06 PM
http://www.ronpaul.com/2011-01-16/ron-paul-why-government-cannot-make-us-safe-by-mandating-security/

hazek
01-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I wish he'd use the correct language when he says: "Our constitutional right to bear arms does not create a society without risk or violent crime, and neither would the strictest gun control laws."

The correct language is: "Our God/nature given right to bear arms protected by the constitution does not create a society without risk or violent crime, and neither would the strictest gun control laws."

It's so important to use the correct language!

KurtBoyer25L
01-16-2011, 06:59 PM
"Our god/nature given right to bear arms protected by the constitutional does not create..."

There are either 3, 4 or 5 grammar/language mistakes in the first sentence of the second version, haha. I say 3-5 because I am unclear about some of them, but...

If you are referring to the written essay published each week along w/ the spoken version, god needs a big G.

It's hard to verbally "say a hyphen" in certain contexts, such as this one.

Obviously if he said "pretected by the constitutional does not..." that would be a meaningless phrase.

I agree, it's important to no wut iz & ain't grammatical.

hazek
01-16-2011, 07:28 PM
I wasn't talking about grammar. Ron didn't make any grammatical mistakes, but he used the wrong language. The way he put it suggest our rights are granted by the constitution when in reality they are God given if you are religious or nature given if you are not and the constitution only protects them by denying the government the power and privilege to regulate them.

If you watch this video you'll understand what everyone of us should:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t26ENNxHiPg

So please, even though I made a few typos, don't get your panties in a twist and maybe try to comprehend the meaning behind my post instead of pointing out typos. Thanks.

sailingaway
01-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah, but we know he means it that way, Constitutional rights doesn't mean the Constitution creates them, they are protected in the Constitution. Others say it wrong so it is always good to be clear, but this isn't like Obama's White House's children's version of the bill of rights saying the 'first amendment gives you the right of free speech...' it is just vague.

hazek
01-16-2011, 07:46 PM
No but it's a problem many of us have. If we all start using the proper language it will spread and people might fight harder for their rights.

It's a trick of the mind you see. As soon as it's in peoples minds that a piece of paper gives them rights, that piece of paper can say a lot of things and they'll comply. But if they understand that their rights are God/nature given and unalienable they might fight for them in spite of what a piece of paper says.