PDA

View Full Version : Who's starting the Draft Dr Robert Paul for U.S. Senate campaign?

doctor jones
01-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Let's start pooling the resources. You know in your heart we have a better chance at getting another Paul Senator than a Paul President (not that we don't pursue both).

sailingaway
01-16-2011, 12:38 PM
What are his views? I saw that one video, but it was about Ron being great, and while we all agree, it doesn't show what Rob thinks on any policies. I'm inclined to really like him, given half a chance, but I do need to see how he articulates political vision. Also, is he better than Ron Jr? Or more willing to run? Doesn't Ron have two sons from TX who did stuff in the campaign, or am I remembering wrong?

itshappening
01-16-2011, 12:47 PM
unless he has political ambitions, we should stick with Medina

RedLightning
01-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I think it's funny so many people here think he should run, it seems just becuase his last name is Paul. My vote is for Medina.

Brett85
01-16-2011, 02:08 PM
unless he has political ambitions, we should stick with Medina

Medina doesn't have any chance to win after the 9-11 fiasco. I'd rather have somebody like Robert Paul who doesn't have any baggage.

Matt Collins
01-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Medina doesn't have any chance to win after the 9-11 fiasco. You don't know what you're talking about.

Medina's previous issue can be erased with proper narrative marketing.

RedLightning
01-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Medina doesn't have any chance to win after the 9-11 fiasco. I'd rather have somebody like Robert Paul who doesn't have any baggage.

And she still got 18.6% of the vote, I think now she'll know how to campaign better and has a shot.

TheTyke
01-16-2011, 02:50 PM
And she still got 18.6% of the vote, I think now she'll know how to campaign better and has a shot.

And she was outspent 20 to 1!!! Even Rand wouldn't have won in those conditions - the liberty movement kept him even or ahead in both races.

Bergie Bergeron
01-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Robert Paul for Congress but we'd have to check his political positions first.

Brett85
01-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Robert Paul for Congress but we'd have to check his political positions first.

I'm sure his positions are fine. Even Rand doesn't have all of the same positions that Ron has, and he was still one of the liberty candidates listed on this forum.

Bergie Bergeron
01-16-2011, 03:25 PM
We can't give him a free pass just because his last name is Paul. We don't know anything about his positions, let's check if he agrees and understands the family's positions first.

Agorism
01-16-2011, 04:37 PM
What kind of work does he do?

low preference guy
01-16-2011, 04:49 PM
What kind of work does he do?

he is a doctor, don't know the specialty.

Bergie Bergeron
01-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Could be him: http://www.healthgrades.com/directory_search/physician/profiles/dr-md-reports/dr-robert-paul-do-99862e9a

Gage
01-16-2011, 05:30 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/14cwoj5.jpg

muzzled dogg
01-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Moneybomb

RonPaulFanInGA
01-16-2011, 06:17 PM
You don't know what you're talking about.

I think you don't. Or you're just wishfully thinking. Debra Medina sunk her statewide political career by seeming to sympathize with 9/11 truthers on a major national radio show. She needs to find a gerrymandered U.S. House seat somewhere instead to realistically have a shot.

Imperial
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM
You don't know what you're talking about.

Erase is a massive overstatement. Do you remember the PPP poll? Practically all of those who thought she was a truther would not for her. All it takes is one ad playing a part of the conversation and then Glenn Beck calling her a truther to destroy her chances if it is run wide enough.

The question is if she can pull a Rand and recover. However, Rand had one crucial advantage after his Maddow interview- he had already won a primary. The GOP did not want to lose a seat based on one stupid interview, so the establishment kept working with him. Medina did not win her primary; it was much easier to run the headline on local news and have everybody in the Republican Party condemn it.

Much of the damage has already been done. I like Medina, but it is easily going to be her biggest problem in the primary.

Her other big problem? Joe Straus. I like the Speaker of the House, but I think a big part of her base wanted Paxton to win the speakership. However, she endorsed Straus for how he runs the House in a fair fashion.

sailingaway
01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
I think you don't. Or you're just wishfully thinking. Debra Medina sunk her statewide political career by seeming to sympathize with 9/11 truthers on a major national radio show. She needs to find a gerrymandered U.S. House seat somewhere instead to realistically have a shot.

I think that goes too far. I think she could win Ron's when he retires, if another Paul doesn't go for it. Ron's supporters will still be the biggest group there... And she might get one of the new ones they are talking about. But a House seat is different from Senate and she might need to go smaller than Senate at first.... but not by me, I was impressed with her. However, she WAS talking state issues and I don't know if she is as fired up by national issues. She might prefer to wait for the next Governor's race or go for the State Senate. I have no idea, since I'm not plugged in locally in Texas.

But do we have any reason to believe Robert (or Ron Jr) have the slightest desire to go into public office? If we do, we need to find out about them.

Matt Collins
01-16-2011, 06:36 PM
I think she could win Ron's when he retires, if another Paul doesn't go for it. Ron's supporters will still be the biggest group there... Yeah, but there is nothing unique about the People in Ron's district as compared to any other average Republican district in the country. They are not particularly libertarian out there. Ron knows how to run good Congressional campaigns (and once you're in, it's nearly impossible to unseat an incumbent)

But do we have any reason to believe Robert (or Ron Jr) have the slightest desire to go into public office? If we do, we need to find out about them.I'm working on that. As soon as I find something out on that front, I'll get back with ya.

speciallyblend
01-16-2011, 06:40 PM

?? the gop is like the lost and found baggage carrier for the airlines;)

Matt Collins
01-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Erase is a massive overstatement. Do you remember the PPP poll? Practically all of those who thought she was a truther would not for her. All it takes is one ad playing a part of the conversation and then Glenn Beck calling her a truther to destroy her chances if it is run wide enough.

The question is if she can pull a Rand and recover. However, Rand had one crucial advantage after his Maddow interview- he had already won a primary. The GOP did not want to lose a seat based on one stupid interview, so the establishment kept working with him. Medina did not win her primary; it was much easier to run the headline on local news and have everybody in the Republican Party condemn it.

I think you don't. Or you're just wishfully thinking. Debra Medina sunk her statewide political career by seeming to sympathize with 9/11 truthers on a major national radio show. She needs to find a gerrymandered U.S. House seat somewhere instead to realistically have a shot.Guys...I have a degree in marketing. I have studied campaigns quite a bit in the last few years. I work in marketing. I helped Rand get elected.

The voting population has very short memories and those with existing notions can be changed with the right type and quantity of narrative marketing.

In other words, yes, this can be easily dismissed at the onset of her next campaign if handled properly. There are very few perception problems that can't be fixed with marketing.

Agorism
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM
I believe both Paul's biggest selling point was success in the private sector and not being ONLY a professional politician.

Since the very concept of being a politician is evil, you need people who are as little dependent on being a politician as possible.

randolphfuller
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Only those ignorant of the Texas Republican Party and its method of operation would want to lead either Medina or Paul into that slaughter-house. That seat belongs to David Dewhurst if he wants it. He is a member of the River Oaks Country Club and quite wealthy. What qualifications can Medina or Paul muster that could possibly compare.

Brett85
01-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Only those ignorant of the Texas Republican Party and its method of operation would want to lead either Medina or Paul into that slaughter-house. That seat belongs to David Dewhurst if he wants it. He is a member of the River Oaks Country Club and quite wealthy. What qualifications can Medina or Paul muster that could possibly compare.

The average Republican voter isn't very excited about establishment candidates. That's the reason why Rand defeated Grayson by such a large margin in the GOP primary. These days you're better off not being an establishment candidate.

Agorism
01-16-2011, 07:30 PM
So he lives in Texas not Oklahoma. He said Texas in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdVxAwWFR0k

steph3n
01-16-2011, 07:35 PM
I generally think, no. this is a bad thing.

just like the Kennedy's, bush's etc, too many in one family is bad.

Agorism
01-16-2011, 07:36 PM

I don't think so. Kennedy's were professional politicians because they believed they were to be the people's good shepherds and providers. Paul's are politicians because they hate politicians.

Political entitlement must be rejected, but they've all succeeded in the private sector so there is no reason that more Pauls can't be elected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daE6AG51wH4

sailingaway
01-16-2011, 07:42 PM

I think if they are all up on the issues and charged to run, I'd back every one of his kids... then start on his grandkids. I think where character and integrity are concerned, upbringing does matter. BUT I don't think we go compelling people into nasty campaigns who really aren't interested or aren't prepared on the issues and might be massacred in debates. For one thing, it will hurt Duncan if he ever runs...

IF they are good, I'd back them as I wouldn't other unknowns, IF they wanted to run and knew what they were getting into. But Rand was in campaign mode throughout his Dad's election, and I read somewhere he had thought for some time he might run for something after the kids were out of school, events just made him move up the schedule. He was politically active. I don't know that the other kids are.

doodle
01-16-2011, 07:45 PM
If his politocal philosophy is anything like that of Ron and gets Ron Paul's endorsement, he'll have my support. Robert Paul has potential imo based one brief speech I heard where he was connecting with audience well, he will need to work on his political message and polish his speech a bit.

Ron and liberty movement have enough currency to put another Paul in the Senate and this is very suitable atmosphere to make another big move for Senate. It will be huge psychological boost for liberty movement on national scale.

muzzled dogg
01-16-2011, 07:49 PM
dude we have to jump on this and ride rand's tea party wave

Agorism
01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
This guy looked like a great speaker from the one youtube video we saw.

doodle
01-16-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't think so. Kennedy's were professional politicians because they believed they were to be the people's good shepherds and providers. Paul's are politicians because they hate politicians.

Political entitlement must be rejected, but they've all succeeded in the private sector so there is no reason that more Pauls can't be elected.

Kennedys legacy came to my mind when first this idea was floated. Kennedys launched a well crafted campaign leveraging money of their dad.

Pauls legacy will be based on power of ideas and grassroots support, this will be a different kind of legacy if Dr Robert Paul also makes to the Senate.

libertybrewcity
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Medina can win this. Robert Paul has no political experience. He has never run a campaign, so he would be starting from zero. Medina has infrastructure, probably some money left over, and name recognition. She has lists of supporters, meetup groups, and campaign/speaking experience. She could definitely do some good as a senator. I would say run for congress or state senate before moving on up, but since senator will be open, why not?

Imperial
01-17-2011, 03:59 AM
Guys...I have a degree in marketing. I have studied campaigns quite a bit in the last few years. I work in marketing. I helped Rand get elected.

The voting population has very short memories and those with existing notions can be changed with the right type and quantity of narrative marketing.

In other words, yes, this can be easily dismissed at the onset of her next campaign if handled properly. There are very few perception problems that can't be fixed with marketing.

If we are going for the credentials game I am double majoring in polisci and media studies with an emphasis on political rhetoric, and I have been following many campaigns for the last three years or so- I think most of us on here are a bit more engaged than most of the electorate.

Yes, voters have short memories. However, political operatives and the media do not. Every story about Medina will mention she came out of nowhere in the 2010 gubernatorial primary until she crashed after a Glenn Beck interview on 9/11 truth. Every campaign consultant will be emailing dirt on her to the press to make sure they do not forget it. Marketing is great, and I don't think any of this is necessarily an insurmountable obstacle. It will come up in every interview and it will be an issue in the debates.

This doesn't mean we cannot minimize the problem. Like you said, the right narrative will help a lot. We just have to make it so that those who believe she is a truther are the ones who would not vote for her anyway. With the high cost of campaigns in Texas, it is going to be tough to get that message out just right.

If his politocal philosophy is anything like that of Ron and gets Ron Paul's endorsement, he'll have my support. Robert Paul has potential imo based one brief speech I heard where he was connecting with audience well, he will need to work on his political message and polish his speech a bit.

I will say that when Medina was relatively anonymous she visited my town. I jumped at the chance to go, although I could only stay for thirty minutes. However, she was not nearly as articulate at this point as she was by the debates. Campaigning really does wonders for a candidate's speaking skills, if only because they get comfortable with the whole process. Paul could do the same, but I think he would get more notice than Medina from the start with his name. This means less margin for screwing up early on.

Bergie Bergeron
01-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Anyone able to contact him to check his intentions?

Matt Collins
01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Anyone able to contact him to check his intentions?Working on it as we speak. :cool:

Matt Collins
01-17-2011, 11:06 AM
If we are going for the credentials game I am double majoring in polisci and media studies with an emphasis on political rhetoric, Awesome. Post more often, many of us would love your insights around here!

Yes, voters have short memories. However, political operatives and the media do not. Every story about Medina will mention she came out of nowhere in the 2010 gubernatorial primary until she crashed after a Glenn Beck interview on 9/11 truth. Every campaign consultant will be emailing dirt on her to the press to make sure they do not forget it. Marketing is great, and I don't think any of this is necessarily an insurmountable obstacle. It will come up in every interview and it will be an issue in the debates. I think after she refutes it solidly for a week it'll probably go away, again, if she does it well enough. Can't stop the direct mail and robo call / push poll attacks, but you just have to beat them at their own game.

I will say that when Medina was relatively anonymous she visited my town. I jumped at the chance to go, although I could only stay for thirty minutes. However, she was not nearly as articulate at this point as she was by the debates. Campaigning really does wonders for a candidate's speaking skills, if only because they get comfortable with the whole process. Paul could do the same, but I think he would get more notice than Medina from the start with his name. This means less margin for screwing up early on.I'd like to see her run for Senate and him run for House. But that's just my personal opinion.

Bergie Bergeron
01-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Working on it as we speak. :cool:
+rep, obviously !!

If he's interested, Medina and him you have a talk to coordinate with each other.

doctor jones
01-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Robert Paul would have instant credibility in a TX senate run because of Rand. He'd be able to raise money the same way Rand did around the Nation. Robert has that nice warm southern accent that has worked wonders for Rick Perry and W Bush for the past 2 decades. He's a doctor not an establishment politician and he's campaigning for Ron Paul which says that he shares a least the majority of his views which is better than 99% of anyone else who would have a remote shot at winning this.

I love Medina and got my whole family to vote for her in the gubernatorial race but I think she should stick with State politics.

Bergie Bergeron
01-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Medina is too good for State politics.

doodle
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I will say that when Medina was relatively anonymous she visited my town. I jumped at the chance to go, although I could only stay for thirty minutes. However, she was not nearly as articulate at this point as she was by the debates. Campaigning really does wonders for a candidate's speaking skills, if only because they get comfortable with the whole process. Paul could do the same, but I think he would get more notice than Medina from the start with his name. This means less margin for screwing up early on.

Good analysis.
Only slight nuance I would add is that as long as Dr Robert Paul has drive and keen interest in serving in this field and speaks from his heart, being a total ousider of political process won't be a disadvantage and likely an advantage in current atmosphere as long as he can articulate a clear message that resonates with liberty movement and much of America today. He's got be exposed to realities of political process somewhat having been around political campaigns and life of Ron and now Rand.
Medina is also a very good candidate, unfortunately too many on the Right used to tune into to paid hack Beck and it would be bit more challaneging for her relatively considering how Beck had poisoned the well. She seems to be pretty fluent in State rights and issues from what I have heard of her speeches.

LisaNY
01-17-2011, 03:29 PM
George H.W. Bush endorses former Secretary of State Roger Williams:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/138307-president-george-hw-bush-endorses-in-race-to-succeed-sen-hutchison

Bergie Bergeron
01-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Let's just hope the anti-establishment wave will continue in 2012.

Matt Collins
01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
George H.W. Bush endorses former Secretary of State Roger Williams:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/138307-president-george-hw-bush-endorses-in-race-to-succeed-sen-hutchison
Wow, that was quick.

anaconda
01-17-2011, 04:03 PM

9-11 is becoming more mainstream every day as we continue to chip away at the matrix and open peoples' minds. I wouldn't define her speaking the truth as a "fiasco," just because the PTB didn't like it.

Bergie Bergeron
01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
9-11 is becoming more mainstream every day as we continue to chip away at the matrix and open peoples' minds. I wouldn't define her speaking the truth as a "fiasco," just because the PTB didn't like it.
Don't start this here please..

doodle
01-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Let's just hope the anti-establishment wave will continue in 2012.

It should.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-18-2011, 01:03 AM

Yep.

PPP: Medina leads with people who don't think she's a "truther"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?232817

Debra Medina actually leads the race with people who think she's not a truther- with 33% to 32% for Kay Bailey Hutchison and 29% for Rick Perry. But with voters who think she is a truther, or that she might be, she gets only 7% to 51% for Perry and 30% for Hutchison.

Trutherism kills any legitimate campaign. Medina blew it. Texas is a big enough state that someone else can be found as a "liberty candidate" that doesn't have this huge baggage.

Bergie Bergeron
01-18-2011, 08:23 AM
This guy: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?275913-David-Smith-is-running-for-Senate-in-Texas-to-replace-KBH

Aratus
01-18-2011, 10:08 AM
has there been talk of creating a new
sub~forum here for Dr. Robert Paul???

Bergie Bergeron
01-18-2011, 10:11 AM
has there been talk of creating a new
sub~forum here for Dr. Robert Paul???
What's the point if we don't even know if he wants to run?

RonPaulFanInGA
01-18-2011, 10:22 AM

Or what his political views are?

Unlike seemingly many here, I don't mind political families at all. I'd vote for George Bush's (hypothetical) son if he was a Ron Paul Republican. So that's not the problem with Robert Paul. The problem is no one knows his views, aside from a YouTube video supporting his father for President (who wouldn't even if they disagreed?) Robert Paul could be a far-left socialist for all anyone here really knows.

Brett85
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Or what his political views are?

Unlike seemingly many here, I don't mind political families at all. I'd vote for George Bush's (hypothetical) son if he was a Ron Paul Republican. So that's not the problem with Robert Paul. The problem is no one knows his views, aside from a YouTube video supporting his father for President (who wouldn't even if they disagreed?) Robert Paul could be a far-left socialist for all anyone here really knows.

I think he made it pretty clear that he agrees with Ron's views in the youtube video that we watched.

Slutter McGee
01-18-2011, 12:32 PM
If no good liberty candidate looks like they have a chance, I am planning on supporting Michael Williams.

Slutter McGee

Bergie Bergeron
01-18-2011, 02:27 PM
No sincerely this time?

doodle
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM

As the old saying goes, if you build it, they will come :)

So has anyone got a word yet if Robert Paul has yielded to unrelenting pressure from the people and is considering a run for the Senate?

Bergie Bergeron
01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
As the old saying goes, if you build it, they will come :)

So has anyone got a word yet if Robert Paul has yielded to unrelenting pressure from the people and is considering a run for the Senate?
Ask The Collins ;)

Matt Collins
01-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Ask The Collins ;)I'm working my sources, but they are just a bit busy at the moment. Haven't heard anything back yet...

Daamien
01-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I think we're getting a little carried away with nepotism...

Bergie Bergeron
01-19-2011, 08:05 AM
I think we're getting a little carried away with nepotism...
Not if Robert has the same views as his father. It actually works in our advantage, it's going to make a nice media story.

Daamien
01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Not if Robert has the same views as his father. It actually works in our advantage, it's going to make a nice media story.

And that needs to be vetted. Being a son of Ron Paul doesn't automatically qualify you as a potential liberty candidate. He may not even be interested.

doodle
01-19-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm working my sources, but they are just a bit busy at the moment. Haven't heard anything back yet...

I hope Dr Robert Paul will run if Dr Ron Paul does not himself. Another Paul aiming for Senate would start a frenzy in media too, a positive one.

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-19-2011, 11:48 PM
I just posted in the Schiff campaign debt thread, then seen this thread. I can't help but lol because according to this forum voting and politics is the answer but candidates you believe in overspending a lot of money to do it is a problem.... unless of course they win...

doodle
01-19-2011, 11:54 PM
I just posted in the Schiff campaign debt thread, then seen this thread. I can't help but lol because according to this forum voting and politics is the answer but candidates you believe in overspending a lot of money to do it is a problem.... unless of course they win...

Yea I'm also little unclear why Schiff spent more than he had to spend if he had to ask for more donations to payoff loans he gave to himself apparently. Not a good example set if running with a fiscally conservative message.

I have a feeling if Robert or Ron Paul ran for Senate seat, money raised by national support would be so much that money won't be an issue.

Daamien
01-19-2011, 11:58 PM

It's natural for people to like winners and winning "brands" like the last name Paul. Such excitement leads to great grassroots efforts. However, the downside is that people can get a bit carried away and/or overlook other potential candidates as a result. It's important for objective perspectives like yours to help foster both critical and constructive discussions to help rationality prevail.

rp08orbust
01-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Is there any evidence that Rand Paul's run for Senate helped the Paul brand overall in KY? I.e., are there any polls for the 2012 Republican primary in KY from before and after Rand's victory that show a boost for Ron Paul?

If so, then that is a good argument for Robert Paul to run. It would get more Republicans used to voting for the name "Paul" and more conservative talk show hosts used to speaking favorably of Pauls.

doodle
01-20-2011, 12:27 AM
I woud make a simplistic statement, if Ron Paul had not boldly started a liberty revolution in election debates, Rand Paul would probably not be in politics and US Senate today.
In real sense, the currency is not about just the name "Paul" but what it has widely come to be identified as in America. Fiscal responsibilty, pro liberties, anti war and big brother intrusions and Dr NO. It's a perfect storm sort of and very intriguing movement for both supporters and opponents of what Dr Paul has stood for and is being vindicated now. Ultimately loyalty should be to the message but opportunistic adavantage to use this name recognition should be taken if there is no conflict in doing so.

Michigan11
01-20-2011, 02:07 AM
My gut tells me Dr. Robert Paul isn't interested, and that is just a guess. If he is and supports Ron and Rand's views then I would fully support him.

devil21
01-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Didn't read the thread. Don't need to.

This whole Ron Paul for Senate thing is 100% to try to convince him to run for Senate INSTEAD of President. It's a media creation, guided by their controllers in the status quo establishment. Anybody that can't see this is seriously deluded. Ron has a big opportunity in 2012 (a big risk too....) and the media doesn't want to have to cover him, allow him into debates, or have to try to smear his near perfect record and end up looking even more partial than they usually do. I do NOT support Ron Paul for TX Senator. I support Ron Paul for PRESIDENT. In the Senate he's just as much a lone voice as he is in the House. Sure, Rand is there but what's two out of 100 in the big picture?

TheTyke
01-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Absolutely agree devil, but that's why folks are trying to recruit his other son, Robert, to run instead. The only reason I'm less enthusiastic is that I personally think Medina might have a better chance.

The idea of Robert for Rep and Medina for Senator is interesting. We need to find some way to fund the heck out of our candidates though... it will take a lot more funding as more eligible ones rise to the challenge.

brandon
01-20-2011, 07:05 AM

This whole Ron Paul for Senate thing is 100% to try to convince him to run for Senate INSTEAD of President. It's a media creation, guided by their controllers in the status quo establishment. Anybody that can't see this is seriously deluded. Ron has a big opportunity in 2012 (a big risk too....) and the media doesn't want to have to cover him, allow him into debates, or have to try to smear his near perfect record and end up looking even more partial than they usually do. I do NOT support Ron Paul for TX Senator. I support Ron Paul for PRESIDENT. In the Senate he's just as much a lone voice as he is in the House. Sure, Rand is there but what's two out of 100 in the big picture?

So you think the PPP poll results are 100% made up?

Bergie Bergeron
01-20-2011, 08:45 AM
It's not made up. They polled him because of a small buzz started by I don't know who. That buzz was made up by the establishment.

Aratus
01-20-2011, 01:54 PM
if robert paul can and does run for his father's house seat or one of
the four new ones, and ms. medina has tea party backing in full for
the senate seat run, does this give ron paul the ability to get an early
start on running in earnest for the presidency to the hundred percentile?

Imperial
01-20-2011, 03:20 PM
It's not made up. They polled him because of a small buzz started by I don't know who. That buzz was made up by the establishment.

When I heard about Hutchison retiring I wrote an article detailing most of the potential candidates and included Dr. Paul, considering his good position to enter.

However, I do not give myself credit since I am a lowly blogger. I think it really started when Ronpaul.com posted the poll on if he should run for Senate. Dallas Morning News picked that up, which was then picked up by a whole host of other websites and made PPP a bit more open to polling.

That is simply how things work in the political world sometimes.

Son of Detroit
01-20-2011, 03:24 PM

Maybe you should have, because this thread is about Rob Paul, not Ron Paul

:p

Aratus
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
if Dr. Robert Paul soon has up a campaign website,
that will answer many open questions, methinks!!!

anaconda
01-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Don't start this here please..

I didn't start it. Notice the quote replied to. They are both perfectly valid comments. The issue is whether Medina's 9-11 comments are a liability to her as she goes forward politically.

muzzled dogg
01-20-2011, 06:24 PM
someone start the damn site!

devil21
01-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Maybe you should have, because this thread is about Rob Paul, not Ron Paul

:p

Touche. You are correct. Post still stands though. I wasn't aware there was a Draft Robert Paul for Senate campaign? Seems like something the OP just made up for the sake of a thread and some sort of attempt to push support toward Robert for Senate instead of Ron for President. Thread motivations are suspect to me.

Anyway, Ive seen tons of Ron Paul for Senate crap though.

So you think the PPP poll results are 100% made up?

100% made up? No and I never said such a thing. Im sure the question was asked specifically to see if Ron is a viable Senate candidate and push him (and us) toward that election. The reason the poll was conducted was to create this out of nothing and redirect people's attention. It has nefarious intentions and therefore is a creation of the media. Ron Paul never said a word about running for Senate, did he?

Aratus
01-21-2011, 09:07 AM
ms. medina has backed off of a senate run? gary johnson is up in new hampshire and we must guess as to why?
not that robert paul is a lousy candidate, its just that 2012 and SUPERTUESDAY looms so BIG as to make other
stories like this possible! indeedy sometimes its nice when we get an honorable mention in the mass media all told!

doodle
01-22-2011, 01:51 PM
someone start the damn site!

www.nextwetakesenate.com or www.robertpaulforamerica.com or www.teapartyinsenate.com are all available lol

doodle
01-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Any update if Robert Paul is considering this?

The idea of Robert for Rep and Medina for Senator is interesting. We need to find some way to fund the heck out of our candidates though... it will take a lot more funding as more eligible ones rise to the challenge.

My guess is funding will pour in big time once a compelling Liberty movement Senate seat jumps in the ring.

Bergie Bergeron
01-25-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm sure The Collins will give us a heads up when he hears from his sources.

Bergie Bergeron
01-26-2011, 04:09 PM
bump

trey4sports
01-26-2011, 04:10 PM
bump for :collins:

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Are we trying to create a dynasty here?

doctor jones
01-31-2011, 12:41 AM
BUMP, I will not let Robert Paul for U.S. Senate die. The guy can win this seat if he runs a campaign similar to his brother. As Rand rocks the senate, conservatives will be begging for more guys like him. Who better than his brother who talks just like him, except with a more familiar southern accent. He's got swagger, he's got the name, he'll debut at 20% and instantly be considered amongst the frontrunners.

Aratus
01-31-2011, 09:37 AM
its a thought, it does look do!able

Slutter McGee
01-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Rand was politically active in Kentucky. To the best of my knowledge Robert Paul is not in Texas. Id support the guy, but it is not the same.

Slutter McGee

Brett85
01-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Rand was politically active in Kentucky. To the best of my knowledge Robert Paul is not in Texas. Id support the guy, but it is not the same.

Slutter McGee

It's all about the last name.

doctor jones
01-31-2011, 02:39 PM

Slutter McGee

He only recently joined a local Republican club, but he wants to start making every meeting. And he says the “Ron Paulites” — his term — are pushing him to run for office. -2008

http://libertymaven.com/2008/03/01/ron-pauls-son-robert-running-for-congress/940/

Bergie Bergeron
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
bump

juvanya
02-02-2011, 02:42 AM
I think it's funny so many people here think he should run, it seems just becuase his last name is Paul. My vote is for Medina.

Dynasties, yum.

Matt Collins
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Robert Paul, son of Ron Paul and brother of Rand Paul, does not dismiss a potential future run for Congress when directly asked about this on his Facebook page:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/RobertPaul2.jpg

Also posted elsewhere on Facebook:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/RobertPaul1.jpg

Remember, you saw it here first!

Feeding the Abscess
02-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Having someone parroting Ron is nice, but what does Robert do when his dad moves on? Who is his compass then?

I'd rather have someone who is focused on these sorts of issues. Medina could do fine in a House run, methinks.

trey4sports
02-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm afraid that Medina has messed up any chance of winning an election with her troofer comments. I know, I know, it was that big of a deal...... unfortunately this is an issue that the media will eat her alive with.

Sola_Fide
02-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't really think the comments would hurt her. In effect, all she said is that the dialogue should remain open, which is true. There are still a lot of unanswered questions about 9/11.

doodle
02-08-2011, 02:06 AM
Robert Paul, son of Ron Paul and brother of Rand Paul, does not dismiss a potential future run for Congress when directly asked about this on his Facebook page:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/RobertPaul2.jpg

Also posted elsewhere on Facebook:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/RobertPaul1.jpg

Remember, you saw it here first!

But he did not dismiss Senate run demand in response to rising public demand either lol

Aratus
02-08-2011, 12:20 PM
~~~~~ you've made a very good point, doodle!!!!~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~ 100,ooo thanx Matt Collins!!! ~~~~~~~~

Bergie Bergeron
02-08-2011, 07:14 PM
We need a Liberty Triumvate in the house with Ron and Justin.

doctor jones
02-08-2011, 09:05 PM
The next Senator from Texas.... Doctor Robert Paul!!

"I'm more anti-war now than I've ever been because the wars are about money and not freedom."

-Robert Paul

Chieppa1
02-09-2011, 10:25 AM
The next Senator from Texas.... Doctor Robert Paul!!

"I'm more anti-war now than I've ever been because the wars are about money and not freedom."

-Robert Paul

Well, there is his campaign line.

lynnf
02-20-2011, 09:56 PM
I got this email mid-afternoon. Identifying information removed.

[ronpaul] Robert Paul running for US Senate seat vacated by Hutchison
To: *******
Date: Sun, Feb 20, 2011 2:19 pm
Hello friends of liberty,

Please spread the word that Robert Paul is running for the US Senate Seat to be vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison. This is very good news for those who believe in liberty.

Here is a link to his new facebook page. Please access it, click on "like" and spread the word if you would like your children to live in a free country.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Paul-for-US-Senate-2012/148303935230977?sk=wall&filter=2#!/pages/Robert-Paul-for-US-Senate-2012/148303935230977

trey4sports
02-20-2011, 10:19 PM
I got this email mid-afternoon. Identifying information removed.

[ronpaul] Robert Paul running for US Senate seat vacated by Hutchison
To: *******
Date: Sun, Feb 20, 2011 2:19 pm
Hello friends of liberty,

Please spread the word that Robert Paul is running for the US Senate Seat to be vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison. This is very good news for those who believe in liberty.

Here is a link to his new facebook page. Please access it, click on "like" and spread the word if you would like your children to live in a free country.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-Paul-for-US-Senate-2012/148303935230977?sk=wall&filter=2#!/pages/Robert-Paul-for-US-Senate-2012/148303935230977

Why can't you share the identifying information? When I click on the page it says that it's a "DRAFT" effort and not an official page setup by Robert Paul

lynnf
02-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Why can't you share the identifying information? When I click on the page it says that it's a "DRAFT" effort and not an official page setup by Robert Paul

I am in the habit of not blasting sensitive information across the internet. if it was something that was on a website or something like that I would have no problem passing it all along, but this was something that was sent directly to me although it came from an email list. I try to respect other's privacy. putting their email address in here could cause them to get hammered from spam.

lynn

trey4sports
02-21-2011, 05:44 PM
I get it, and understand you're point but i don't like people claiming something as a fact and then hiding behind anonymity as to avoid criticism.