PDA

View Full Version : Oh brother! Pot meet Kettle, Kettle, Pot.

Anti Federalist
01-15-2011, 08:39 PM
I'll skip right to the money quote, just long enough to set this up.

Cops bust up a home and car robbery ring, in the Jackson MS, area.

OK, good job, doing what cops are supposed to do and pretty effectively.

It appears that one of the suspects killed a dog in one of the homes that they were robbing.

So, without further adieu, Jackson Police Commander Wendell Watts:

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110115/NEWS/101150331/Alleged-burglary-ring-boss-arrested

One item that can never be returned is Rory Roark's chocolate Labrador retriever Remy, who was killed during a break-in on Dec. 29 at Roark's Colonial Circle home.

The person who burglarized the home shot Remy and stole a TV.

Watts said he is disturbed by Remy's death because he is a dog lover and a former K-9 handler.

"I feel like there should be strong penalties for someone who causes the death of someone's pet or any life for that matter," Watts said. "A person who will shoot a dog could shoot a human just as easily."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aGameOfThrones
01-15-2011, 08:42 PM
"I feel like there should be strong penalties for someone who causes the death of someone's pet or any life for that matter," Watts said. "A person who will shoot a dog could shoot a human just as easily."

Unless it's a cop during a no-knock/wrong house raid.

Legend1104
01-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Well I could see your argument if that guy was on the record for having killed a dog (or someone on his squad that he approved of), but this blanket conviction of anyone police related of all police acts of illegality or brutality is exactly what we are supposed to be fighting against. As a man he should be treated as an individual that is not blamed for the action of another person just because they are in a similar line of profession. I agree with the dislike of cops in general because of the fact that they so often violate personal liberties, but I cannot get used to labeling people into groups.

Reason
01-16-2011, 02:27 AM
sigh