PDA

View Full Version : New Ron Paul video I made to help encourage a 2012 run.

LibertyRevolution
01-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Here is a video I made trying to encourage a 2012 run. Posted it 6 hours ago.
Give it a view, lets get the count up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMaVEOK1ONA

comments? suggestions?

sailingaway
01-15-2011, 07:57 PM
:cool::):D

Excellent.

One suggestion, at the end where it says 'you must inspire..' I would change it to 'Once again.... inspire others.....' or 'Do what you do so well, inspire others.....'

The song is perfect for the message, but he expects us to do our own part and if he weren't there we'd have to come up with something else. I guess I don't want it to sound needy (pushy, is fine.)

But it is a REALLY good video.

CaseyJones
01-15-2011, 08:12 PM
liked and favorited

hazek
01-15-2011, 08:42 PM
I have a critique:

I really dislike the slogan "It's time to take back our country!" or any similar slogans because they send the wrong message. I mean we understand it correctly, but I believe those not inline with our beliefs misunderstand it.

I argue it sounds confrontational, it fuels the "us vs them" paradigm and it implies that it's our goal to eventually govern the country.

Our message is freedom, which is not confrontational and embraces all walks of life, it unites us under the same rule off law despite our differences and it sets us free from being governed by a tyrannical government.

So instead of "It's time to take back our country!" I'd suggest:

It's time to unite and reclaim our freedom!

axiomata
01-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Rand says "It's time to take our government back." I agree that's better than "country".

Also you should credit the artist (and let us know whose song that is. I know I've heard the band before but can't put a name with it.)

hazek
01-15-2011, 08:57 PM
It's the time to take back phrase that sends the wrong message although I agree government is just tiny bit better then country.

It's an emotional thing. Read: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?272747-We-Need-to-Change-Our-Strategy-for-Influencing-or-Converting-Others-(New-Short-Version!)

LibertyRevolution
01-15-2011, 09:00 PM
"It is time to take back our government". I do like that better.

The audio source for the video is this right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt40__1OlqU

LibertyRevolution
01-15-2011, 09:04 PM
hazek, problem is I feel like it is "us vs them".
I will have a hard time stopping that feeling from coming through in my videos.

When it came to the part in the song about "wage an assault" I chose to go with some protesters marching peacefully on the capital over my want to show college students fighting back against cops in riot gear.

This is the tame version.

speciallyblend
01-15-2011, 09:21 PM

When it came to the part in the song about "wage an assault" I chose to go with some protesters marching peacefully on the capital over my want to show college students fighting back against cops in riot gear.

i cannot see the video until i get home ,but please focus on getting folks to register republican and become a delegate if they cannot do this simple thing ron paul asked them to. then they are working against Ron Paul 2012!!

hazek
01-15-2011, 09:53 PM

I feel the same way but you have to restrain yourself when you make videos. Remember you are trying to spread the message not isolate us. The video you made only preaches to the choir so if that was your goal, you achieved it.

But if not, I urge you to restrain your emotions and make a video with a message people with different beliefs will want to hear.

LibertyRevolution
01-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Yes, this is totally a preaching to the choir video. Not a get new people video.

trey4sports
01-15-2011, 10:33 PM
i like the video

speciallyblend
01-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Yes, this is totally a preaching to the choir video. Not a get new people video.

I have not seen the video yet but if it is for the choir then make sure you demand they join the republican party and become a delegate or they are wasting mine and yours time and everyone else's!!

for new people, a video showing bush and obama war policies and showing Ron paul's would be a good start for folks outside of the liberty movement! Another video strictly on the drug war failures vs Ron pauls solutions!!

DirtMcGirt
01-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Kick Ass Video!!!

LibertyRevolution
01-16-2011, 10:55 AM
I got a message from Youtube that says I can now upload videos longer than 15mins.
Is this some new thing they are doing?

sailingaway
01-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Did you post this at Daily Paul?

also, the thing about us v them is that the Dems have already spun, massively, the 'take back our country' as 'take it back from the black president' or at least 'take it back from the Democrats' as if it weren't their country too. They pretend it is divisive of the people because they force it to accentuate the party dichotemy rather than the fact that the people have effectively delegated control of their government to special interests by their apathy, and it is from them that we must 'take it back'.

I was ok with it, because the primary comes first, but we really need people to register GOP in areas where primaries are closed, and to vote across lines. Ron is NOT a 'minor candidate' as the media portrays him, he just doesn't have a compelling percentage of followers in the GOP vs other GOP favorites. But those other GOP favorites BOMB with independents and even Dems when compared to Ron Paul.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_barack_obama_42_ron_paul_41

The bulk of that poll is behind a subscription wall, but I remember it from before it went there, and the PPP polls all year supported the same breakdown -- Ron Paul rules with independents above ALL other GOP and above Obama.

All that being said, I think the video is spectacular, and want to start spreading it around, starting with the DP, if you haven't already posted it there.

-
edit - I posted it there, hope you don't mind: http://dailypaul.com/node/154487

LibertyRevolution
01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
I will try and step away from us vs them...
But for the record, I don't mean us Republicans vs them Democrats.
I mean us surfs vs our masters.

Thanks for posting it at dailypaul.
Anyone can feel free to post link it to wherever they see fit.

LibertyRevolution
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM
I wish I could make a video encouraging people to join the republican party to vote for Ron Paul, but its not in my heart ....
I am a libertarian. I switched because I am in a closed stated and had to, so I could vote for Ron Paul.
I hate the fact that I am a registered Republican.
The republicans here have been nothing but degrading and down right mean when I tried to voice some of Ron's views at a meeting.
There is no way that anyone sharing Ron Paul's beliefs would be able to become a delegate in my area.
I basically got laughed out the room by suggesting that we bring our troops home and concentrate on making America strong again.
Far as people around here are concerned the war is good thing. It keeps the sub base open. Makes jobs.
Its a hopeless battle here, just look at what happened to Peter Schiff....

sailingaway
01-16-2011, 07:16 PM
I wish I could make a video encouraging people to join the republican party to vote for Ron Paul, but its not in my heart ....
I am a libertarian. I switched because I am in a closed stated and had to, so I could vote for Ron Paul.
I hate the fact that I am a registered Republican.
The republicans here have been nothing but degrading and down right mean when I tried to voice some of Ron's views at a meeting.
There is no way that anyone sharing Ron Paul's beliefs would be able to become a delegate in my area.
I basically got laughed out the room by suggesting that we bring our troops home and concentrate on making America strong again.
Far as people around here are concerned the war is good thing. It keeps the sub base open. Makes jobs.
Its a hopeless battle here, just look at what happened to Peter Schiff....

I understand, but if they want to elect someone they would feel represents them..... they have to make their own decision as to whether it is worth it. But someone else can make that video. This one is very good.

PermanentSleep
01-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Great way to start the day, awesome video! ANNOUNCE!@!@#$

Romulus
01-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Let me be the first to say THANK YOU for your effort. Great video.

My .02. Change the 'take our country back' wording. I would like to share this with family and friends, but I think that phrase has been demonized.

How about 'Make a stand for Freedom" or "Stand up for Liberty"

It also ties in well with the concept of the video urging RP to run.

Thanks again, great video.

Deborah K
01-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Nice!

LibertyRevolution
01-18-2011, 07:50 PM
i cannot see the video until i get home ,but please focus on getting folks to register republican and become a delegate if they cannot do this simple thing ron paul asked them to. then they are working against Ron Paul 2012!!

speciallyblend, I threw this together for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uykPAdkFFro

I just don't know how to make this topic entertaining.

sailingaway
01-18-2011, 08:35 PM
speciallyblend, I threw this together for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uykPAdkFFro

I just don't know how to make this topic entertaining.

Man, I LIKE that. Unfortunately, if seen by freeper types, we will be painted as outsiders...and I for one have been in the party for long before I knew about Ron Paul... but targeted to all those who in 2008 just couldn't bring themselves to be a Republican...this could be great.