PDA

View Full Version : A Letter I Wrote to My Congressman

kah13176
01-15-2011, 07:08 PM
To the Honorable Lynn A. Westmoreland,

I write today respectfully urging you to co-sponsor Ron Paul's HR 6416: The American Traveller Dignity Act. The purpose of this legislation is to completely repeal the TSA's new sexually abusive and privacy-infringing policies in airports.

Co-sponsoring HR 6416 conveys more than overt opposition of the disgusting and abominable new TSA policies. Doing so symbolizes utmost respect for the principles of the Founding Fathers: limited government that does not sacrifice its citizens' liberty for a small amount of security. If government tried to protect the people from every possible threat by gradually corroding our privacy and personal freedoms, a dystopian society would emerge. Liberty is not guaranteed simply because we live in the United States; it must be actively protected by elected officials.

Thank you for your time!

For Liberty,
MyNameHere

EDIT: I sent this back in December.

"This bill never became law. This bill was proposed in a previous session of Congress. Sessions of Congress last two years, and at the end of each session all proposed bills and resolutions that haven't passed are cleared from the books. Members often reintroduce bills that did not come up for debate under a new number in the next session."

DO NOT send this anywhere yet. RP will probably reintroduce it and it will be given a different HR number.

ronpaulhawaii
01-15-2011, 07:17 PM
posted to Jim Babb's wall, thanks

Koz
01-15-2011, 10:02 PM
I'll get a copy out to Boehner on Monday. He's my congressman unfortunately.

kah13176
01-15-2011, 10:29 PM
I'll get a copy out to Boehner on Monday. He's my congressman unfortunately.

Wait until Ron Paul reintroduces the bill. It won't be HR 6416 anymore.