PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should announce at CPAC

The Dark Knight
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I think he should start his 2012 campaign at CPAC. It would really get the crowd fired up, plus I will be there and I want to witness history :)
It Would be also great to have him announce and then win straw poll. I think waiting to announce after CPAC would be a mistake. I cant wait any longer lol

MRoCkEd
01-15-2011, 02:21 PM
He should announce ASAP, before CPAC, so more people are encouraged to turn out for CPAC!

trey4sports
01-15-2011, 03:09 PM
CPAC is the perfect time IMO

anounce during his main speech and then win the straw poll

Rede
01-15-2011, 03:45 PM
If he announces at CPAC then immediately wins the Straw Poll that would be quite good.

If he announces then loses the Straw Poll that would be quite bad.

pacelli
01-15-2011, 03:51 PM
and if he announces at CPAC along with a few other speakers announcing their campaigns, expect marginalization.

TheTyke
01-15-2011, 05:26 PM
I think it would be cool to announce AFTER CPAC if he wins. Then the we could spin it like "Flush off an overhwelming straw poll victory at CPAC, Ron Paul has decided the time is right to run for president!" which presents a very positive image. At least part of that might work its way into the media narrative - at least for the interviews in the days afterwards.

Though I am sympathetic to those who say it would boost our attendance if he announced first... decisions, decisions...

TortoiseDream
01-15-2011, 05:53 PM
If he wins the straw poll he should definitely announce. But if he loses, then we're in a bad position regardless.

TheTyke
01-15-2011, 06:03 PM
If he wins the straw poll he should definitely announce. But if he loses, then we're in a bad position regardless.

Yeah, we absolutely have to win this for the future of our country...

ctiger2
01-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Before CPAC would be better. That place will be on FIRE!

TortoiseDream
01-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Before CPAC would be better. That place will be on FIRE!

It's a tricky situation. If he announces before and then loses the straw poll, that won't look good.

ctiger2
01-15-2011, 06:53 PM
It's a tricky situation. If he announces before and then loses the straw poll, that won't look good.

At this point you gotta let it all hang out. The Republic is in dire straits.