PDA

View Full Version : Online poll: Should RP run for senate?

Agorism
01-14-2011, 07:34 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/01/reader_poll_ron_paul_for_us_se.html?utm_source=fee dburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftxpotomac+ %28Texas+on+the+Potomac%29

kah13176
01-14-2011, 07:50 PM
NO. He finally can subpoena Fed documents. He can focus on monetary issues in that House subcommittee. He won't have any of these powers in the Senate.

doodle
01-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Oil prices topped $100 p/b today. If the two can car pool together to Senate sessions, that would be a giant leap towards making US more prosperous and free.

Seeing Ron rub elbows with like of McCain in neocon top-heavy Senate would be priceless and Ron's weightage would increase significantly in major US policy making decisions. By 2012, hew would have handled critical monetary functions already as House member.

t0rnado
01-14-2011, 09:14 PM
He'll have more of an impact by running for President and getting on the televised debates. Draft Debra Medina to run for that Senate seat.

AFPVet
01-14-2011, 09:40 PM
I believe that he is in one of the most powerful and influential positions already—agreeing with Kah13176.

Brett85
01-14-2011, 09:41 PM
He'll have more of an impact by running for President and getting on the televised debates. Draft Debra Medina to run for that Senate seat.

Draft Robert Paul.

Agorism
What kind of work does Robert Paul do?

rprprs
Is option #2 supposed to be a positive or a negative? :confused: ;)

And I hate that picture. Rand looks demonic. :mad:

Brett85
01-14-2011, 10:14 PM
What kind of work does Robert Paul do?

I don't know. I just know that he campaigned for Ron during his 2008 campaign.

QueenB4Liberty
01-14-2011, 10:21 PM
No I'd rather see him as President or keep his house seat.

parocks
01-15-2011, 05:12 AM
I don't know. I just know that he campaigned for Ron during his 2008 campaign.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/134335

Ron Paul's other son Dr. Robert Paul speech [the next US Senator from Texas]
Its not a question of If. When Dr Robert Paul runs for Senate & wins Ill be proud to claim that Im the first person who entertained and promoted the idea of Senator Robert Paul

libertybrewcity
01-15-2011, 05:14 AM
bad idea. it would be hard to get the nomination in the first place. he would be a freshman senator with no power and could probably serve only one term given his age. bad idea. debra medina is a great choice.

anaconda
01-15-2011, 05:33 AM
No.

cindy25
01-15-2011, 06:20 AM
He should stay in the house, and make one last run for president.

and he needs to start recruiting more liberty candidates for house seats so in 5-10 years they are ready for the senate.

Sola_Fide
01-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Dr. Robert Paul 2012!

I also like Medina.

Anti Federalist
01-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Ron Paul and 2012
Posted by Lew Rockwell on January 14, 2011 03:56 PM
Will Ron Paul stay in the House, and as chairman of the monetary policy subcommittee, work to foil the schemes of Ben Bernanke and friends? Will he run for US Senate in Texas (there will be an open seat)? Will he run for president again? When he returns to private life, will he teach the truths of liberty and peace, as he has for 40 years, this time through his FREE Foundation and the Mises Institute, and through more of his influential books?

Ron Paul does not seek power. He rejects it. Grabbing an office, through it might come to him, is not his goal. Teaching the truth is. Unlike other politicians, he opposes US death-dealing in the Muslim world, the expanding police state here at home, Federal Reserve machinations for the big banks and Wall Street, and government theft-redistribution of the people’s wealth. As an expert in Austrian economics, he understands the Fed-caused business cycle, and the morass of depression it has put us in.

I do not know what lies ahead for Ron, but I can tell you that his new book, Liberty Defined, which I have just read, blows up all existing political conventions: Democrat and Republican, left and right, liberal and conservative. It makes new arguments and uses new terms. Most of all, it is offers a view of the political, economic, and social order that is hardly ever heard today. Ron Paul asks: What if we just tried liberty instead? His argument is that doing something using government power always yields worse results than doing nothing, and, further, that liberty itself offers the untried path toward peace and prosperity. The case is so compelling, on issue after issue, that this book will send shock waves through an otherwise fossilized political debate. It is fearless, truth telling, and challenging to the core. Some will read it and discover that they never did believe in authentic liberty; many more will come to believe in it for the first time.

Preorder Liberty Defined. It will not be published until April 19th, but for the sake of our all our futures, it MUST debut at #1 on Amazon. I want 10 copies at least.

Brian4Liberty
01-15-2011, 02:49 PM
NO. He finally can subpoena Fed documents. He can focus on monetary issues in that House subcommittee. He won't have any of these powers in the Senate.

This. He would lose his seniority and current position if he leaves the House...