PDA

View Full Version : Paul/Johnson 2012 or Johnson/Paul 2012 ?????

speciallyblend
01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
We can all have disagreements on either side but the bottom line is Paul/Johnson 2012 or Johnson/Paul would be a ticket i could support inside the gop!!! TRUST is what i need in the gop and the only ticket i could TRUST inside the gop is a Paul/Johnson 2012 ticket or possibly a Johnson/Paul 2012 ticket anyone else running in the gop would be a red flag(biggovgop) to me!

Why do i lack trust in the gop? basically the failed gop can answer that since they know!!

I will be pushing for a Paul/Johnson 2012 Ticket! I really could not support a gop establishment candidate even if Ron Paul was vp. I would be thinking maybe ron paul sold out! I could support a Johnson/Paul 2012 ticket but i highly doubt i could support a Johnson ticket alone unless the vp was ron paul or the Johnson ticket was a ticket Ron Paul endorsed.

why do i have so few choices in the gop?? the gop better answer that question soon or i am left with only 2 possible choices and will have to look elsewhere in 2012!!

If the GOP wants to WIN in 2012 then they basically have 2 possible options Paul/Johnson 2012 or Johnson/Paul 2012 or a 3rd option Paul/________ 2012!!!!

the big question is will the gop understand what is at stake in 2012?? Does the gop understand that it doesn't matter what the dems do? Does the gop understand the problem in our republican party is not obama or the dems but the gop leadership and the candidates they(gop) are running!

If the gop cannot figure out that the problem is the gop! Then i suspect we should invest in mexico or an island very soon !!
If the gop wants my vote in 2012, I suggest Paul/Johnson 2012 or Johnson/Paul 2012 ,the rest of the so-called gop candidates are nothing more then OBAMA REPUBLICANS!!

Ron Paul 2012 Trustworthy

Churchill2004
01-14-2011, 11:54 AM
My personal dream scenario: Johnson gets elected with Rand Paul as his running mate, and Ron Paul gets elected Speaker of the House on the support of the President. Ron and Rand would be the heads of their respective chambers. Then at State of the Unions, Gary Johnson could play Holy Ghost with the Drs. Paul over both his shoulders. :^) All of this before appointing Alan Gura, Judge Napolitano, and Randy Barnett to the Supreme Court, of course.

Though, I'm in the minority around here in that I think Johnson, particularly in the general election, would be the more viable candidate, so that's why I prefer him at the top of the ticket. I'm skeptical Ron Paul could necessarily beat Obama in the general election, though that depends of course on how weak Obama's approval ratings are in Nov. 2012.

I don't know who else- other than Rand as Johnson's running mate (he could never be Ron's)- would be on the list. Justin Amash, maybe, but unlikely. Jesse Ventura, don't make me puke. And that's pretty much the entire list of liberty-oriented people who've been elected to the House, Senate, or Governor. Mike Lee, perhaps. We still have to see how he turns out.

speciallyblend
01-14-2011, 12:05 PM
My personal dream scenario: Johnson gets elected with Rand Paul as his running mate, and Ron Paul gets elected Speaker of the House on the support of the President. Ron and Rand would be the heads of their respective chambers. Then at State of the Unions, Gary Johnson could play Holy Ghost with the Drs. Paul over both his shoulders. :^) All of this before appointing Alan Gura, Judge Napolitano, and Randy Barnett to the Supreme Court, of course.

Though, I'm in the minority around here in that I think Johnson, particularly in the general election, would be the more viable candidate, so that's why I prefer him at the top of the ticket. I'm skeptical Ron Paul could necessarily beat Obama in the general election, though that depends of course on how weak Obama's approval ratings are in Nov. 2012.

I don't know who else- other than Rand as Johnson's running mate (he could never be Ron's)- would be on the list. Justin Amash, maybe, but unlikely. Jesse Ventura, don't make me puke. And that's pretty much the entire list of liberty-oriented people who've been elected to the House, Senate, or Governor. Mike Lee, perhaps. We still have to see how he turns out.

well let us just hope that gary and ron are on the same page:) I agree with many of your points and disagree with some to! We are human:)

sailingaway
01-14-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm opposed to Johnson at the head of the ticket, personally. I don't much care who vice president is, but I'd put others between Ron and Gary if I were picking for President.

And look at the SRLC ballot, Ron missed winning by ONE VOTE; Gary got 1% of the vote. I wouldn't say he is more attractive to the mainstream, from that.

Wren
01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Johnson is utterly clueless on foreign policy and inarticulate when it comes to economics. Wouldn't even want him as vp, but thats just me. I'd support him as a senate candidate though.

speciallyblend
01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm opposed to Johnson at the head of the ticket, personally. I don't much care who vice president is, but I'd put others between Ron and Gary if I were picking for President.

And look at the SRLC ballot, Ron missed winning by ONE VOTE; Gary got 1% of the vote. I wouldn't say he is more attractive to the mainstream, from that.

true! I fully support Ron Paul i was just saying if the gop wants my vote then the only possible option i would have left other then Ron Paul would be a Johnson/Paul Ticket or Paul/_______ 2012 Ticket after that i would be looking outside of the gop circle!!

Sola_Fide
01-14-2011, 12:29 PM
We can all have disagreements on either side but the bottom line is Paul/Johnson 2012 or Johnson/Paul would be a ticket i could support inside the gop!!! TRUST is what i need in the gop and the only ticket i could TRUST inside the gop is a Paul/Johnson 2012 ticket or possibly a Johnson/Paul 2012 ticket anyone else running in the gop would be a red flag(biggovgop) to me!

Why do i lack trust in the gop? basically the failed gop can answer that since they know!!

I will be pushing for a Paul/Johnson 2012 Ticket! I really could not support a gop establishment candidate even if Ron Paul was vp. I would be thinking maybe ron paul sold out! I could support a Johnson/Paul 2012 ticket but i highly doubt i could support a Johnson ticket alone unless the vp was ron paul or the Johnson ticket was a ticket Ron Paul endorsed.

why do i have so few choices in the gop?? the gop better answer that question soon or i am left with only 2 possible choices and will have to look elsewhere in 2012!!

If the GOP wants to WIN in 2012 then they basically have 2 possible options Paul/Johnson 2012 or Johnson/Paul 2012 or a 3rd option Paul/________ 2012!!!!

the big question is will the gop understand what is at stake in 2012?? Does the gop understand that it doesn't matter what the dems do? Does the gop understand the problem in our republican party is not obama or the dems but the gop leadership and the candidates they(gop) are running!

If the gop cannot figure out that the problem is the gop! Then i suspect we should invest in mexico or an island very soon !!
If the gop wants my vote in 2012, I suggest Paul/Johnson 2012 or Johnson/Paul 2012 ,the rest of the so-called gop candidates are nothing more then OBAMA REPUBLICANS!!

Ron Paul 2012 Trustworthy

I disagree.

If we were blessed enough to have Ron at the top of the ticket, it would be a bad move to have someone to the LEFT of Ron as VP.

You would do much better to fire up the GOP base by bringing in a part-establishment/outsider like DeMint or Mitch Daniels.

Stary Hickory
01-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Man either way its an improvement. I'd prefer a Paul/Paul ticket. That would be hilarious and a first. And it would be freaking awesome.

pcosmar
01-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow,
this is just like all those Paul/ Palin,,Paul/ Huckabee, Paul/ Kucinich ,,Paul/ Whoeffinever threads that were common in 2007.
History repeats.

speciallyblend
01-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Man either way its an improvement. I'd prefer a Paul/Paul ticket. That would be hilarious and a first. And it would be freaking awesome.

gary and paul need to lay the hammer down on the gop establishment. I can only hope they have both already discussed all the conflicts that could exist and move forward in the gop and start pounding the hammer or axe whichever is more effective!!

Stary Hickory
01-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Wow,
this is just like all those Paul/ Palin,,Paul/ Huckabee, Paul/ Whoeffinever threads that were common in 2007.
History repeats.

Isnt a Paul/anything better than what we got now?

I mean I'll take an improvement any day. Because realistically that is all you are likely to get unless you get jaded and "take your ball home"...just fight for the best candidate you an get. The guy who weakens government and makes it smaller.....if we just did that everytime, the government would shrink.

UtahApocalypse
01-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Can someone start a GaryJohnsonForums.com so us at RON PAUL FORUMS can focus on winning and not dividing support. I would quickly support GJ in a Senate race but can only vote for ONE President per an election. Until Ron says he is NOT running he gets mine (and should be these entire forums) 100% support.

speciallyblend
01-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Wow,
this is just like all those Paul/ Palin,,Paul/ Huckabee, Paul/ Whoeffinever threads that were common in 2007.
History repeats.

the bottom line is if ron paul and gary johnson are on the same page i could careless about all the "OWN ON RPF":) that stands for " oprah winfrey network on ron paul forums":) hehe

Stary Hickory
01-14-2011, 12:36 PM
gary and paul need to lay the hammer down on the gop establishment. I can only hope they have both already discussed all the conflicts that could exist and move forward in the gop and start pounding the hammer or axe whichever is more effective!!

Rand Paul has the best shot of becoming POTUS....I have hopes for him as a VP or a Candidate. I like Ron Paul...I'd vote and support him but I don't seem him winning. I'd love to be wrong of course, and with any luck I will be.

pcosmar
01-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I'll leave it to Ron Paul to chose his running mate,, if it ever gets to that point.

Liberty_Mike
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Wow,
this is just like all those Paul/ Palin,,Paul/ Huckabee, Paul/ Kucinich ,,Paul/ Whoeffinever threads that were common in 2007.
History repeats.

No, actually it's not.

dannno
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Johnson is utterly clueless on foreign policy

He has some things to learn about Israel, but ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and at least partially curtailing our foreign empire isn't clueless.

Wren
01-14-2011, 12:55 PM
He has some things to learn about Israel, but ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and at least partially curtailing our foreign empire isn't clueless.

Getting involved in any war you deem as 'humanitarian' is (isn't that an oxymoron?). That does not make you a non-interventionist. He also agreed with hannity that the Iraqis need to pay us back for 'liberating' their country. That makes him totally clueless in my book

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Johnson 2012 is on. Hi RPF, well it is not to early any longer to support Gary Johnson now unless your still fighting in a state for Ron Paul. It seems i would of waited to post something like this but after benton,wead and tate. It is obvious if they can move on . We can to!

As a republican i cannot vote for obamney in the gop. It will be my job in life to hold the gop accountable. I strongly urge folks not to write in Ron Paul unless you state actually counts the write in votes and many do not. I will be supporting Gary Johnson over obamney. There are some suggesting to vote obama over romney and i do understand the reasoning but so far my plan will be to donate and support Gary johnson on an activist level. If the gop wants to alienate me because of this. Then i am fine with that as well. I will support the gop when they run candidates that i can vote for.

I will have no problems telling gop leaders or other republicans why i will NOT VOTE ROMNEY!

I strongly urge Ron paul supporters don't write in Ron Paul unless you are 100% certain they count the write in votes in your state. Your best option to hold the gop accountable is Vote Obama or Gary Johnson. I pledge not to vote for Obamney(romney).

I want to thank RPF and even DP and Liberty supporters. I will continue to fight for Liberty and hold the gop accountable until i die.

soulcyon
05-20-2012, 09:16 AM
edit: lol wtfbump

Im going to wait until August before making up my mind. I'm pretty sure I'll be writing in ron Paul.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 09:19 AM
edit: lol wtfbump

Im going to wait until August before making up my mind. I'm pretty sure I'll be writing in ron Paul.

kewl, I was just curious , please check that your state counts write ins. If they do not i hope that factors in who you vote for.

pcosmar
05-20-2012, 09:24 AM
the bottom line is if ron paul and gary johnson are on the same page

Same page?
I can't even tell that it is the same book.

But hell,, just pull up all the Johnson support dilution threads.

Is the Utilitarian Party on the ballot in every state?

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Same page?

bottom line i will support gary or write in ron paul over romney. Yes they have many issues where they align together. gary and ron are closer then the gop. They both want to end the failed drug war. They both believe in liberty and freedom. They are closer on issues then gop establishment. yes you can find differences but they are closer on issues then obama or romney.

dilute what? rphq and wead and benton are doing that just fine.

the lp is not in every state and while your at it list the states that count write ins. exactly. i would rather vote gary over romney.

what does the lp being on ballot in every state have to do with anything your trying t osay unless you trying to talk me into voting romney.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Same page?

take the post of of context. i was talking they are on the same page when it comes to the liberty movement. which they are.

pcosmar
05-20-2012, 09:49 AM
take the post of of context. i was talking they are on the same page when it comes to the liberty movement. which they are.

I can't tell..
He makes his mouth say some things that sound good,, sometimes.

I have no interest in supporting Romney or the GOP. I only support Ron because he represents ME.
Gary does not.

Oh, and BTW,, should Ron betray that trust in some unholy alliance with Romney (Doubts) he would immediately lose my support.

It is my opinion that Gary Johnson is only there to dilute support for Liberty.
and in that he has been effective.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 09:59 AM
I can't tell..
He makes his mouth say some things that sound good,, sometimes.

I have no interest in supporting Romney or the GOP. I only support Ron because he represents ME.
Gary does not.

Oh, and BTW,, should Ron betray that trust in some unholy alliance with Romney (Doubts) he would immediately lose my support.

It is my opinion that Gary Johnson is only there to dilute support for Liberty.
and in that he has been effective.

dilute liberty how by supporting romney or obama? or by not voting or by voting for gary? If i vote gary it is a protest over romney/obama. If romney has a chance to win, I might consider voting obama if needed. I am just suggesting i will vote gary over obama/romney. Is there someone else running ? i have heard from a colorado activist. they will not count write-ins in colorado so a ron paul vote is a real waste if they never count it.

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Gary Johnson HAS the Libertarian Party nomination. He secured it in early May, when all threads on the matter were being bounced down to Hot Topics.

THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

I must say, I am underwhelmed by his v.p. choice. CAN he change it? I dunno. Does he WANT to? I dunno.

If random YOU on this Board were suddenly crowned President, would YOU want a Paul-of-the-fierce-supporters or a Clinton-of-the-fierce-ambition as YOUR second in line?

YES! (I can hear it now.) I WOULD HAPPILY RESIGN AND TURN THE REINS & REIGN OVER TO RON OR RAND. That is Ron Paul Bubble talk.

When Ron Paul DOESN'T show up where/when he should, I "hear" Supporters reference his age and the grueling campaign trail. The Presidency is WORSE, even for one who would not gallivant and showboat like Obama.

IF HE DOES NOT WIN THE GOP NOMINATION (extremely likely) + IF GARY JOHNSON WOULD PREVAIL IN NOVEMBER (extremely unlikely), wouldn't heading Treasury or Fed make more sense for Ron Paul AND Liberty/Sanity AND Coattail-Riding Son?

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 10:48 AM
When i call the election board tomorrow i will check on write ins being counted. If they are counting them. Then i will suggest we start a write in campaign for colorado or any state that counts them. This should be a back up plan to send a message to the failed gop establishment!

pcosmar
05-20-2012, 10:56 AM
When i call the election board tomorrow i will check on write ins being counted. If they are counting them. Then i will suggest we start a write in campaign for colorado or any state that counts them. This should be a back up plan to send a message to the failed gop establishment!

Actually,, the GOP is capable of failure all on their own.

This thread was started 01-14-2011 Before the debates or primaries or news cycles.

That is what I was talking about dilution.

I know you want pot legalized.. I want the whole War on Drugs ended.
I don't want it taxed or regulated or controlled.. as has been proposed.
That is just MORE GOVERNMENT in the business of growers, sellers and users.

It's a Trap !

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I know you want pot legalized.. I want the whole War on Drugs ended.
I don't want it taxed or regulated or controlled.. as has been proposed.
That is just MORE GOVERNMENT in the business of growers, sellers and users.

It's a Trap !

Fiddle dee dee.

It is likelier that Ron Paul is a DEEP ASSET than that decriminalization of marijuana is a TRAP.

pcosmar
05-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Fiddle dee dee.

It is likelier that Ron Paul is a DEEP ASSET than that decriminalization of marijuana is a TRAP.

Fiddle all you like. I'm 54 and still enjoy a toke whenever someone offers a little kindness. I have heard it all since the early 70s.

Prohibition brought us the Police State,, Legalizing Alcohol did not end that. Just more tax, regulation and control.

Gary approaches this from a utilitarian perspective, and welcomes the regulations and Tax dollars.

Ron Paul's position is one of Principle.
A huge difference.

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Fiddle all you like. I'm 54 and still enjoy a toke whenever someone offers a little kindness. I have heard it all since the early 70s.

Prohibition brought us the Police State,, Legalizing Alcohol did not end that. Just more tax, regulation and control.

Gary approaches this from a utilitarian perspective, and welcomes the regulations and Tax dollars.

A huge difference.

I am your Senior.

TAXES & REGULATIONS ARE NOT GOING TO BE ELIMINATED. NOT UNDER RON PAUL IF HE WOULD PREVAIL IN THIS ELECTION (extremely unlikely), AND NOT UNDER ANYONE ELSE. IT IS A PIPE DREAM.

But it is useful to get Purists to REJECT logical abominations like TAXING & REGULATING MARIJUANA COMPARABLY TO ALCOHOL.

You would forego revenue and sustain costs in an expensive, futile AND UNJUST Drug on War because King Alcohol is big mercenary bureaucracy-riddled business? That thar is whatcha call CUTTIN' OFF YER NOSE TO SPITE YER FACE.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 11:22 AM
fiddle dee i am glad cheapseats is still on ignore i talk about ending the failed drug war and cheapseats the pothead talks about marijuana. go figure ,keep cheapseats on ignore. psocmar cheapseats please don't copy and paste his BS.

cheapseats
05-20-2012, 11:24 AM
fiddle dee i am glad cheapseats is still on ignore i talk about ending the failed drug war and cheapseats the pothead talks about marijuana. go figure ,keep cheapseats on ignore. psocmar cheapseats please don't copy and paste his BS.

YOU were one of the NOTHING BUT GOP hysterics who, with surplus exclamation points, derided all third-party talk.

YOU are preaching 180 DEGREES from where lately you were preaching.

speciallyblend
05-20-2012, 11:26 AM

A huge difference.

i hear ya, honestly not one drug law will ever stop me from enjoying a joint over alcohol or anything. marijuana prohibition is a joke on itself and no law or regulation will ever stop anyone from enjoying a simple safe joint. I agree i am not happy over regulations but better then being arrested and put away. either way no law will ever stop anyone from enjoying marijuana.

pcosmar
05-20-2012, 11:30 AM
TAXES & REGULATIONS ARE NOT GOING TO BE ELIMINATED. NOT UNDER RON PAUL IF HE WOULD PREVAIL IN THIS ELECTION (extremely unlikely), AND NOT UNDER ANYONE ELSE. IT IS A PIPE DREAM.

Then exactly what is the point?

And yes,, Under Ron Paul they would most certainly be eliminated. (his stated goals)
The "War on Drugs" ended,, in total. Victims Pardoned. Taxes cut or eliminated. Whole departments disbanded.
This is why he is so strongly opposed.