PDA

View Full Version : Kokesh uninvited from talk show over firearm

Adam Kokesh
01-14-2011, 04:12 AM
http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Local%20News/Kokesh-is-persona-non-grata-for-talk-show

Kokesh uninvited from talk show over firearm
Steve Terrell | The New Mexican
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2011 -

Former Republican congressional contender Adam Kokesh was un-invited to participate in a televised political talk show on KNME because of a disagreement over Kokesh's carrying a firearm into the studio.

According to a news release e-mailed by Kokesh, he went to the studio to tape an episode of In Focus. He said he was openly carrying a revolver because he has received death threats. Kokesh said he was informed this week by a show producer that he wouldn't be able to bring his gun into the studio because of a University of New Mexico policy forbidding anyone but police, security guards and those participating in college programs such as ROTC that require firearms.

In his news release, which was sent to news organizations early Thursday morning, Kokesh said that after some discussions with producer Kevin McDonald, he agreed not to bring his gun. Kokesh said he was willing to take a "small risk to spread the message of freedom."

However, in a subsequent news release, Kokesh said he was contacted by KNME on Thursday and told that because of the first press release, he was no longer welcome as a guest. Kokesh said this was a "gross disregard for public safety and freedom of speech."

Asked for a response, KNME spokeswoman Evy Todd said the station's only reply would be to e-mail a copy of UNM's open-carry policy.

Since losing the 3rd Congressional District Republican primary to Tom Mullins last year, Kokesh has hosted his own radio talk show called Adam vs. The Man on AM 1550 KIVA in Albuquerque.

Contact Steve Terrell at 986-3037 or sterrell@sfnewmexican.com. Read his political blog at roundhouseroundup.com.

Bman
01-14-2011, 04:20 AM
+ rep

Adam Kokesh
01-14-2011, 04:39 AM
I know it doesn't seem like much, but with all of the myopic talk about gun control recently, I wanted to reframe the debate around firearm freedom as an issue of public safety.

roho76
01-14-2011, 05:26 AM
I know it doesn't seem like much, but with all of the myopic talk about gun control recently, I wanted to reframe the debate around firearm freedom as an issue of public safety.

Good for you, Adam. Apparently, as an Veteran of our military, you are unqualified to carry a weapon.

When your in the military you are held up on a pedestal in this country but as soon as your out your a hinderance to society. Quite sad actually.

muzzled dogg
01-14-2011, 06:05 AM
wow

on the bright side at least you should get some new supporters over this

Matt Collins
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Sounds like this story can have legs across the state.

Travlyr
01-14-2011, 09:48 AM
... a University of New Mexico policy forbidding anyone but police, security guards and those participating in college programs such as ROTC that require firearms.
Of course... the ruling class exempts themselves.

sratiug
01-14-2011, 10:31 AM

You did an outstanding job of it!

Pericles
01-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Yeah - like what do you think are the chances of getting mugged while open carrying a pistol.

+rep