PDA

View Full Version : relations with the rap and comedy communities

RileyE104
01-13-2011, 10:01 PM
I've always thought if Ron Paul could become an icon in the rap world and among comedians, his chances to gain the presidency would be much greater.

IDK why, but the rap community hasn't really caught on to him like I thought they would back in the 2008 campaign. There are only two rappers I know of that support Ron Paul and one is semi-mainstream (Prodigy of Mobb Deep) and another is more undergroundish (whose stage name also happens to be Ron Paul). Immortal Technique has said a few choice words about Ron but in essence wrote him off as insignificant.

It really disappoints me that the message and Ron for some reason doesn't click better in the rap world and among comedians who like to talk politics. (Even when George Carlin was around, I never heard him say anything about Ron, which saddens me since he had the potential to reach millions of people).

There has to be a way to get the message out there... If not Ron Paul then at least libertarianism. Most people in the rap community are libertarian and they just don't know it. I just wish I knew of a way to better convey our movement to them.