PDA

View Full Version : Ed Schultz Tries To Make Tucson Hero Joe Zamudio Out To Be A Danger To The Public

Immortal Technique
01-13-2011, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0AEqBTtOaQ

Airing Date Jan.13, 2011

Poor Ed, after being "Schooled" as most of the web has called it Jan.10, 2011, he decided to try and make Mr. Zamudio look like an irresponsible danger it seems.
Its quite sickening

Ed Schultz quotes Trent Franks: Representative from District 2 Arizona (Republican) Saying

"I wish there had been one more gun there that day in the hands of a responsible person, that's all I have to say,"

Schultz then cuts in saying

"Congressman there was a bystander with a loaded gun in Tucson and he almost shot the wrong guy"

This gives the viewer an impression that Joe is irresponsible

He then plays clips from his interview with Mr.Zamudio Jan.10, 2011 where Mr.Zamudio embarrassed him on the issue of owning a pistol.
The video made its rounds all over the web pretty quickly for which i think is the reason why Mr.Schultz had tried to make Joe look like a fool and possible danger to the public which is disgusting.

Below is the full interview Mr.Schultz had with Joe Zamudio Jan.10, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3GTwalrGY

oyarde
01-13-2011, 06:33 PM
How many people listen to Ed ?

WilliamShrugged
01-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Ed Schultz is a scumbag

Wren
01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
His resemblance to Rush Limbaugh is almost scary

Humanae Libertas
01-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Schultz still butthurt on his slapdown.

hazek
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM
OUTRAGEOUS!

The level of propaganda in the news makes me vomit.

qh4dotcom
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Don't understand this guy...his gun is for his own self defense, not for someone else's self-defense...he was safe in the Walgreens and instead of staying there he rushed to the crime scene asking for trouble....the last thing I'd do is go risk my life for a brainwashed liberal or brainwashed neocon.

ctb619
01-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Don't understand this guy...his gun is for his own self defense, not for someone else's self-defense...he was safe in the Walgreens and instead of staying there he rushed to the crime scene asking for trouble....the last thing I'd do is go risk my life for a brainwashed liberal or brainwashed neocon.

Did you miss the part about the 9 year-old girl getting gunned down? He had no idea who was getting shot, he just heard gun shots and decided he should help. It's called courage.

Captain Shays
01-13-2011, 07:43 PM
The FACT is that Joe didn't shoot anyone. Not what he thought but what he DID.

I watch Ed just to hear what the crazy people are saying.

qh4dotcom
01-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Did you miss the part about the 9 year-old girl getting gunned down? He had no idea who was getting shot, he just heard gun shots and decided he should help. It's called courage.

Would you go risk your life for a brainwashed liberal or brainwashed neocon? I also don't want to be dragged into court for being present in a crime scene or for using a gun for other purposes than my own self defense. That is not courage to me that is stupidity.

hazek
01-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Would you go risk your life for a brainwashed liberal or brainwashed neocon? I also don't want to be dragged into court for being present in a crime scene or for using a gun for other purposes than my own self defense. That is not courage to me that is stupidity.

Easy for you to say. What if a 9 year old girl had died because of your inaction? Could you sleep at night knowing you rather stayed safe and avoided getting "dragged into court" instead of maybe trying to safe her?

I know I couldn't.

Brett85
01-13-2011, 08:22 PM

He went and risked his life for his fellow Americans.

low preference guy
01-13-2011, 08:32 PM

what the fuck dude? go watch spider-man!

low preference guy
01-13-2011, 08:33 PM

what if your best friend was at the scene and at the risk of getting shot?

qh4dotcom
01-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Easy for you to say. What if a 9 year old girl had died because of your inaction? Could you sleep at night knowing you rather stayed safe and avoided getting "dragged into court" instead of maybe trying to safe her?

I know I couldn't.

It's the responsibility of her parents to protect her, not mine.
It's sad that this girl had to die but if she had stayed at home instead of going to this event to listen to a corrupt politician she would be alive. Kids are safer when they are at home.

qh4dotcom
01-13-2011, 08:35 PM
what if your best friend was at the scene and at the risk of getting shot?

That would be a different situation and I would do it...same if a member of my family was in danger...same if a fellow Ron Paul supporter's life was at stake or if shots rang out at a Ron Paul meetup...but sorry, no risking my life for a brainwashed liberal or brainwashed neocon

qh4dotcom
01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
He went and risked his life for his fellow Americans.

He went and risked his life for brainwashed liberals.

hazek
01-13-2011, 08:42 PM
As long as you could sleep at night, to each his own.

Kylie
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
It's sad that this girl had to die but if she had stayed at home instead of going to this event to listen to a corrupt politician she would be alive. Kids are safer when they are at home.

You are obviously not a parent.

Kids are individuals just like you and I. They have their own ideas of what their life is going to be, and work towards that if they are in a proper environment.

Bruno
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Wow

dizi24
01-13-2011, 08:58 PM

I'm sure the corrupt politician's speech made more sense than anything uttered in this post.

steph3n
01-13-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm sure the corrupt politician's speech made more sense than anything uttered in this post.

without a doubt.

virgil47
01-13-2011, 09:06 PM

That comment makes you sound suspiciously liberal!

Kludge
01-13-2011, 09:25 PM
That comment makes you sound suspiciously liberal!

That comment makes YOU sound SUSPICIOUSLY conservative!

!
:confused:

Mr.Fish
01-13-2011, 09:30 PM
He went and risked his life for brainwashed liberals.

I've been lurking here for a while, but you sir, you have taken the cake and made me sign up.

They are not "Brainwashed Liberals", they are human beings. Anyone with even a quarter of a sense of human decency would help.

Bruno
01-13-2011, 09:52 PM
I've been lurking here for a while, but you sir, you have taken the cake and made me sign up.

They are not "Brainwashed Liberals", they are human beings. Anyone with even a quarter of a sense of human decency would help.

Welcome to the forums. :)

+ rep to you

hazek
01-13-2011, 09:53 PM

Welcome.

+rep!

qh4dotcom
01-13-2011, 09:56 PM

Welcome to the forum but I still think they are brainwashed liberals...if you want me to classify them as human beings then please ask them to causing us problems (us=me, the members of this forum, other liberty-minded folks, etc) and stop voting for corrupt politicians who take away our liberties.

oyarde
01-13-2011, 10:00 PM

Welcome aboard !

hazek
01-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the forum but I still think they are brainwashed liberals...if you want me to classify them as human beings then please ask them to causing us problems (us=me, the members of this forum, other liberty-minded folks, etc) and stop voting for corrupt politicians who take away our liberties.

You are so ridiculous it's almost painful to read your posts. Tell me, what do you do with a child causing problems? Do you stop caring for it and just leave it to it's fate or do you teach it how to not cause problems?

You assume you are all knowing? Because if you don't, then I don't get why you'd hold other human beings to a higher standard then you hold your self to?

Mr.Fish
01-13-2011, 10:10 PM

Ad hominems aside, (corrupt because they're liberal politicians, brainwashed because they vote liberal etc) This kind of logic and thinking is what drives such escalating rhetoric and infighting in America.

Sure, they vote for the opposition. It doesn't make them "brainwashed", it is just them voting with their own free will under the 1st amendment, free speech.

As a Libertarian, I would have expected you to see this.

jclay2
01-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Of course ED, only police officers can act responsibly with guns. /endsarcasm

This guy makes me sick.

qh4dotcom
01-13-2011, 10:17 PM
You are so ridiculous it's almost painful to read your posts. Tell me, what do you do with a child causing problems? Do you stop caring for it and just leave it to it's fate or do you teach it how to not cause problems?

You assume you are all knowing? Because if you don't, then I don't get why you'd hold other human beings to a higher standard then you hold your self to?

Oh dear, children can be educated and need to be cared for....most liberals can't be educated...the day Ron Paul is leading in the polls is the day I will stop calling them brainwashed liberals

hazek
01-13-2011, 10:19 PM
What about the second part?

Jeremy
01-13-2011, 10:23 PM
I had the same concern when Joe said that. But he DIDN'T shoot him. And it's a really bad argument. What if police shot the wrong guy too? Also, if someone had a gun that saw it go down first hand (Joe did not), he wouldn't have made that mistake.

qh4dotcom
01-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Ad hominems aside, (corrupt because they're liberal politicians, brainwashed because they vote liberal etc) This kind of logic and thinking is what drives such escalating rhetoric and infighting in America.

Sure, they vote for the opposition. It doesn't make them "brainwashed", it is just them voting with their own free will under the 1st amendment, free speech.

If you vote for someone who is going to take away my liberties, that is un-Libertarian....your 1st amendment rights end where my first amendment rights begin

low preference guy
01-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Oh dear, children can be educated and need to be cared for....most liberals can't be educated...the day Ron Paul is leading in the polls is the day I will stop calling them brainwashed liberals

i'd suggest you take a deep breath, maybe a glass of water, and then rest a little. come back and read back your posts with a fresh mind. you might realize you experienced a brainfart (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brainfart) and that you should apologize to every other reader of this thread.

jth_ttu
01-13-2011, 10:37 PM
I think that congressman is worse than Ed. He supports gun rights for the ruling class but isn't willing to extend it to the common folk. We arent entitled to the same rights as them.

qh4dotcom
01-13-2011, 11:12 PM
i'd suggest you take a deep breath, maybe a glass of water, and then rest a little. come back and read back your posts with a fresh mind. you might realize you experienced a brainfart (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brainfart) and that you should apologize to every other reader of this thread.

The liberals aren't apologizing so no need for me apologize...the day Ron Paul is leading in the polls is the day you can claim I had a Brainfart.

Bman
01-14-2011, 02:19 AM
I've decided I'm never going to watch another clip with Ed on again. That dude is bat shit crazy and as dense as a bag of cement.

Promontorium
01-14-2011, 03:17 AM
And some of you applaud when Ron Paul does interviews with him.

Promontorium
01-14-2011, 03:38 AM
This kind of logic and thinking is what drives such escalating rhetoric and infighting in America.

That word. "Rhetoric". You're using the same word those scumbag liars used to blame "the right" for the massacre to which you're happily off topic from.

I am accusing you of using it intentionally to associate with those scumbag liars.

"Rhetoric" didn't kill anyone.

I wonder, you being so judgemental to call someone out as a "Libertarian" in your 1st post, are you in any way pro-individual rights?

And if you are, do you really believe being anti-scumbag liar, is what's "wrong" with America.

Most people here, don't give a shit about "getting along" and would much rather save humanity from slavery. If agreeing with scumbag liars that magazines and Sarah Palin caused this will end the "rhetoric", then I'd rather be argumentative, I'd rather people feel discomfort from disagreement, than discomfort from slavery.

Dark_Horse_Rider
01-14-2011, 03:56 AM

Welcome, Mr. Fish.

From the sounds of your posts, happy to have you here !

nobody's_hero
01-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Seems like a scummy thing for Ed to do after being so cordial (by Ed's standards) to Joe in the last interview.

Ed must have gotten a call from his masters to step up the propaganda.

roho76
01-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Ed's a shit bag. Joe can do what needs to be done and he did. He didn't shoot anyone. He assessed the situation and reacted accordingly. He came outside after hearing shots fired seen someone holding a gun then after seeing the guy being held on the ground and obviously figuring out what was going on decided not to shoot the guy holding the gun. This was absolutely the right thing to do.

Also it was his right to walk away if he wanted to because he has no obligation to save anybodies life with his own personal self defense weapon. Not mention the girl was already shot by time he arrived on the scene. Honestly, I don't understand why everybody is calling him a hero? The situation seemed like it was already under control upon his arrival. They already had the guy subdued. Oh yeah, Ed Shultz is a scumbag.

The issue here is not whether he should have been a hero and shot all the evil doers but instead, why was everyone else not armed and responsible for their own safety like that little girls father. Considering the political climate, I would never go to a campaign event without being armed especially with my kids. They are MY responsibility not some other persons. Also maybe if the government wasn't such asses when it comes to gun control this little girl could have had her own weapon and known how to use it responsibly and defended her own life and maybe she would have been the hero that day instead of a victim.

virgil47
01-14-2011, 07:22 AM
That comment makes YOU sound SUSPICIOUSLY conservative!

!
:confused:

Thank you!

osan
01-14-2011, 08:23 AM

What the hell are you talking about? As I recall, SIX people were murdered and about 20 others shot. The man placed himself in harm's way for the sake of others. I would say you should be thanking him instead of calling his character/sanity into question.

As for your opening statement, his gun is for all lawful purposes, which includes defense of others and of property. The choice of use is his, not yours. If you're one of those that would slink away, that is fine - but you should hold your tongue in criticizing others for acting like they have a pair.

Jesus.

osan
01-14-2011, 08:35 AM
What if police shot the wrong guy too?

I doubt a day passes in these United States where that does not happen.

jtstellar
01-14-2011, 09:00 AM
ya well i *almost didn't see pedestrians twice since i began driving

i guess that makes me a bad driver and cars a danger

"ed" might have had been close to running somebody over as well and he probably didn't/couldn't even notice

what an imperfect world we live in.. more rules pls

qh4dotcom
01-14-2011, 10:20 AM
What the hell are you talking about? As I recall, SIX people were murdered and about 20 others shot. The man placed himself in harm's way for the sake of others. I would say you should be thanking him instead of calling his character/sanity into question.

As for your opening statement, his gun is for all lawful purposes, which includes defense of others and of property. The choice of use is his, not yours. If you're one of those that would slink away, that is fine - but you should hold your tongue in criticizing others for acting like they have a pair.

Jesus.

Here you go

I kinda understand where qh4dotcom is coming from, although I would do it no matter what someones political views are. But the fact of the matter is, if he would have acted that day, even on the actual criminal, he could have been sued, thrown in prison for multiple reasons, shot by the cops, or something else bad could have happened. If this was a 100 years ago and carrying a gun was no big deal, sure, but in today's day and age your asking for trouble in your own life. That's why it's hard to say what I would have do e that day. Most likely I would have acted just like he did, but you have to understand thatchers a chance you could be locked up or shot due to someone else's ignorance. I would say there's still a chance that some hot shot lawyer that works for some antigun organization thats trying to make a name for himself that might go after this guy. Wouldn't put it past them. Hell, maybe the DA will.

MikeStanart
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM

What the HELL is wrong with you?

jct74
01-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Maddow did the same thing on her show last night (starting at about 1:10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PC2xi6G6Tw

Mr.Fish
01-14-2011, 11:26 AM
That word. "Rhetoric". You're using the same word those scumbag liars used to blame "the right" for the massacre to which you're happily off topic from.

That is because that is what it is. Rhetoric. The definition of which is "using language effectively to please or persuade." I am in no way associating myself with "those scumbag liars", but I do find it hard to take you seriously when your mindset on a person who may or may not share your opinion is so PAINFULLY skewed and distorted.

Either way, I do not share your opinion that they are "scumbag liars." I believe they are American citizens exercising their vote to free speech under the First Amendment.

I do not see how I was off topic in a discussion about the singling out of Joe Zamudio, and the twisting of words by Ed Schultz to persuade the public that Joe himself was a potential danger. I was merely stating that when people regard the opposition as "brainwashed" and/or "scumbag liars", it just goes to show that the rhetoric used by both sides is WORKING.

The use of such rhetoric influences people's views. I can, however, see that you will not side with moderated reason here, and will instead call me out as a "liberal ******" of a "brainwashed democrat", instead of what I really am.

A voter with an opinion, of which I can exercise under my First Amendment Rights.

I wonder, you being so judgemental to call someone out as a "Libertarian" in your 1st post, are you in any way pro-individual rights?

I'm sorry.....these ARE the LIBERTY FOREST RON PAUL forums, are they not? Perhaps I am wrong in assuming that people on a Libertarian forum site would be Libertarian, but then again my assumption was logical, given the fact that these are Libertarian forums.

And if you are, do you really believe being anti-scumbag liar, is what's "wrong" with America.

No, I do not believe that. I believe that closed-minded pinheads like YOU are what is wrong with America.

Here's an idea, just for one second. I want you to try it with me.

Let's think of them not as "scumbag liars", but PEOPLE. CITIZENS. AMERICANS.

No matter what their views are, they are free to exercise them under the constitution, and all the bitching and moaning under the sun is not going to stop them from doing it, so I suggest you quit whilst you are behind.

Most people here, don't give a shit about "getting along" and would much rather save humanity from slavery. If agreeing with scumbag liars that magazines and Sarah Palin caused this will end the "rhetoric", then I'd rather be argumentative, I'd rather people feel discomfort from disagreement, than discomfort from slavery.

I believe most people in this thread have agreed with my points, and that QH4.COM's posts have been outrageous.

I suggest you read the thread before deciding to speak for the rest of the people. Also, you wouldn't be "saving humanity from slavery", how old are you, like 10?

Unless you are seriously supporting the TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE viewpoint, you are just making a fool of yourself. I think we should try to focus on our own problems instead of other peoples.

I was not saying we have to agree with the democrats that Sarah Palin started this, I was pointing out that the rhetoric is coming FROM BOTH SIDES. Be it the Tuscon shooting or other events, the hurling of words has come from both sides. Neither is more guilty than the other.

I personally think both parties need to reform and mature. It really doesn't help when we have people like O'Reilly and Olbermann ranting and raving about the "evil natures" of their opposition.

TL;DR,

I think that you have misread my post completely. I do not blame the right, but I also do not blame the left. I feel that both sides need to grow the fuck up and focus on the country, and not each other.

I regard the opposition as people, not as "scumbags" or "liars" or "brainwashed" individuals. They are people exercising their amendment rights, as are we.

/rant

Kludge
01-14-2011, 11:58 AM
I've decided I'm never going to watch another clip with Ed on again. That dude is bat shit crazy and as dense as a bag of cement.

This has been my position for a while. Cable news (Schultz in particular) won't die if we keep talking about it. Similar to Paris Hilton, Sarah Palin, & Donald Trump. Let's get the people who aren't interested in honest discussion out of public broadcast.

bill1971
01-14-2011, 09:37 PM

That's your right not to do anything, just like it was his right to do something.

qh4dotcom
01-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Maddow did the same thing on her show last night (starting at about 1:10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PC2xi6G6Tw

Just finished watching that video. Hate to agree with a liberal but Maddow is right, Zamudio acknowledged that he almost shot an innocent person.

Sorry guys but it's better to mind your own business than it is to try to become a hero and shoot an innocent person

aravoth
01-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Just finished watching that video. Hate to agree with a liberal but Maddow is right, Zamudio acknowledged that he almost shot an innocent person.

Sorry guys but it's better to mind your own business than it is to try to become a hero and shoot an innocent person

I'll certainly follow your advice when I see you and you family getting anal raped.

qh4dotcom
01-14-2011, 10:59 PM
I'll certainly follow your advice when I see you and you family getting anal raped.

You live too far away to help...and I am certainly not expecting any help from folks in this liberal infested city that I live in.

Bruno
01-14-2011, 11:12 PM
You live too far away to help...and I am certainly not expecting any help from folks in this liberal infested city that I live in.

Why do you keep living in a city where you are surrounded by people who you do not care about? Find a community you feel a part of, it will be much better for you.

xd9fan
01-15-2011, 11:51 AM
You are obviously not a parent.

Kids are individuals just like you and I. They have their own ideas of what their life is going to be, and work towards that if they are in a proper environment.

BINGO!! nor is he a very good citizen.......true citizens take a stand to protect their surrounds (against foriegn and domestic)and have "skin in the game"

Not much a life if your living it from the false comfort of a cute intellectual agrument.

By the way.....citizens are much better shots than police......its not even close. I'll try to find the FBI stats that support it.

jct74
01-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Great analysis by MOXNEWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZD5aTUWWdQ

bunklocoempire
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM

Well, if the people getting shot at or WITNESSING the shooting would have been armed and taking care of themselves and others like freemen are supposed to do a person late on the scene wouldn't be an issue.

Find fault with the only guy acting in a responsible manner, brilliant. Maybe we need more police and a bigger standing army to take care of us since folks refuse to take care of themselves and then proceed to cry about it -what could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes:

It ain't about being a hero, at it's basic level it's called doing what liberty requires. Some people call it love. Don't want to look out for yourselves or your neighbor? Fine, I'll do it for you. It's either that or someone will be screamin' "government should do it."

Bunkloco

qh4dotcom
01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Why do you keep living in a city where you are surrounded by people who you do not care about? Find a community you feel a part of, it will be much better for you.

I told you earlier that I am stuck here as I have several properties and family here.

Polskash
01-15-2011, 02:42 PM

You're right, his gun is for his own defense. That doesn't mean that he can't act under the assumption that those in trouble have delegated their right to self-defense to him, authorizing him to use force to protect them as if he were a hired bodyguard.

And yes, anyone who acts in such a situation is also liable for anything he may do, including accidentally shooting the wrong person. In his own judgment and at the time, he decided to act. You really have nowhere to go with this.

qh4dotcom
01-15-2011, 02:51 PM
You're right, his gun is for his own defense. That doesn't mean that he can't act under the assumption that those in trouble have delegated their right to self-defense to him, authorizing him to use force to protect them as if he were a hired bodyguard.

And yes, anyone who acts in such a situation is also liable for anything he may do, including accidentally shooting the wrong person. In his own judgment and at the time, he decided to act. You really have nowhere to go with this.

Thanks for agreeing :) Nice to see that someone else has common sense :) It's just not worth it to risk your life for a total stranger who might sue you, it's just not worth it to risk causing grief to friends or family members.

Polskash
01-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks for agreeing :) Nice to see that someone else has common sense :) It's just not worth it to risk your life for a total stranger who might sue you, it's just not worth it to risk causing grief to friends or family members.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not criticizing him for acting the way he did, nor am I saying that it is never worth it to use force in the defense of someone else.

Sola_Fide
01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Great analysis by MOXNEWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZD5aTUWWdQ

That was really, really insightful^^^

qh4dotcom
01-15-2011, 03:20 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not criticizing him for acting the way he did, nor am I saying that it is never worth it to use force in the defense of someone else.
I think you also misunderstood me...sometimes it's Ok to use force in defense of someone else...as long as you know them...for a total stranger it's not worth it.

Brian4Liberty
01-15-2011, 04:23 PM

That same argument can be used to say that the Police should not be armed...what would Maddow and Ed think about that?

In the Ed interview, Zamudio's use of the word "kill" was unfortunate, especially when combined with his unnecessarily saying that he thought the other guy might be a shooter. Sure, he's just an average guy and not a lawyer or politician, but it was obvious that leftists like Ed and Maddow would go after him after he said that.

So if we follow the word and mind games employed here, he "acknowledged" he might have made a mistake, which is the same as "admitting" he would have shot the wrong person, and since thought is crime, he might as well be guilty of killing an innocent person. He is being treated as if he actually did shoot an innocent person.

Brian4Liberty
01-15-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry.....these ARE the LIBERTY FOREST RON PAUL forums, are they not? Perhaps I am wrong in assuming that people on a Libertarian forum site would be Libertarian, but then again my assumption was logical, given the fact that these are Libertarian forums.

Welcome to the forums. Actually, we like to split hairs here, and not everyone is a "libertarian". We all like Ron Paul. We have Republicans, ex-Democrats, Constitutionalists, paleo-conservatives, fiscal conservatives, religious conservatives, libertarians, left libertarians, Libertarians, anarcho-capitalists, and anarchists. And that list probably does not cover everyone.

Kregisen
01-15-2011, 04:49 PM
How stupid do people get?

If citizens shouldn't have guns because when they arrive late on a scene to stop a shooting they might get confused and shoot the person holding the gun who isn't the gunman, then why are police armed? Will police not also point a gun at the citizen with the gun? Will the police not also "almost shoot them"?

I try to defend liberals on a lot of issues because I know a LOT of neocons, but this is just pure insanity. I'll go on any of these talkshows right this second and I could easily destroy any of these dumbass hosts at this issue. All the studies, all the facts, the common sense, the constitution, all support the right for citizens to carry guns in public.

low preference guy
01-15-2011, 04:50 PM
great. let Ed keep making a fool of himself so even the 3 leftists who watch him will see how full of shit he is.

Chester Copperpot
01-15-2011, 05:06 PM
they spliced that reply from Zamudio to make it look like he would have shot the wrong guy.. In the original entire interview Zamudio clearly is talking about the REAL shooter as the man he would have shot holding the gun.

aGameOfThrones
01-15-2011, 06:30 PM

If citizens shouldn't have guns because when they arrive late on a scene to stop a shooting they might get confused and shoot the person holding the gun who isn't the gunman, then why are police armed? Will police not also point a gun at the citizen with the gun? Will the police not also "almost shoot them"?

Yes, the police will point guns at citizens. Not almost, just shot them(within 7 seconds).

qh4dotcom
01-15-2011, 06:56 PM

I try to defend liberals on a lot of issues because I know a LOT of neocons, but this is just pure insanity. I'll go on any of these talkshows right this second and I could easily destroy any of these dumbass hosts at this issue. All the studies, all the facts, the common sense, the constitution, all support the right for citizens to carry guns in public.

#1 reason = Police are trained.

Police get paid to go to a crime scene and police usually won't go to jail or lose their life savings if they are sued.

Zamudio had nothing to gain and everything to lose by not minding his own business.

virgil47
01-15-2011, 08:01 PM

If what you say is true then those that grabbed the shooter, disarmed him and held him for police should have done none of those things. By your way of thinking they should have minded their own business and simply watched him reload . By your way of thinking none of them should have reacted until the gun was actually pointed at them. I mean you believe that they should have minded their own business and only defended themselves and not others. Do I have it about right?

qh4dotcom
01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
If what you say is true then those that grabbed the shooter, disarmed him and held him for police should have done none of those things. By your way of thinking they should have minded their own business and simply watched him reload . By your way of thinking none of them should have reacted until the gun was actually pointed at them. I mean you believe that they should have minded their own business and only defended themselves and not others. Do I have it about right?

No you don't have it right because the lives of those who disarmed the shooter were in danger....they acted in self-defense. Zamudio is the one whose life wasn't in danger and the one who should have been minding his own business.

virgil47
01-15-2011, 08:16 PM
No you don't have it right because the lives of those who disarmed the shooter were in danger....they acted in self-defense. Zamudio is the one whose life wasn't in danger and the one who should have been minding his own business.

Are you saying that because he wasn't in the crowd when the crap hit the fan he should have simply ignored what was happening? The fact that he was the only armed individual besides the shooter is a sad commentary on our society. Perhaps in a legal sense he had no responsibility to assist his fellow man but in a moral sense he did.

qh4dotcom
01-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Are you saying that because he wasn't in the crowd when the crap hit the fan he should have simply ignored what was happening? The fact that he was the only armed individual besides the shooter is a sad commentary on our society. Perhaps in a legal sense he had no responsibility to assist his fellow man but in a moral sense he did.

Yes, exactly and he almost shot an innocent person by his own admission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PC2xi6G6Tw#t=2m00s

Sorry but it's better to mind your own business than it is to try to become a hero and shoot an innocent person

virgil47
01-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Yes, exactly and he almost shot an innocent person by his own admission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PC2xi6G6Tw#t=2m00s

Sorry but it's better to mind your own business than it is to try to become a hero and shoot an innocent person

The last I heard almost only counted in horse shoes and hand grenades. Thought crimes and almost actions should not be punished or even second guessed. It would appear that you believe that if someone sees a person drop to the ground they should simply mind their own business and ignore them. I firmly believe that if a person is able to render assistance to someone they should make the attempt to do so. Isolating yourself from those around you out of fear of injury or accidentally causing injury is simply abhorrent to me. Isolationism does not only apply to countries.

qh4dotcom
01-15-2011, 08:40 PM
It would appear that you believe that if someone sees a person drop to the ground they should simply mind their own business and ignore them. I firmly believe that if a person is able to render assistance to someone they should make the attempt to do so.

I'll call 911 and that's about it...calling 911 won't get me sued...attempting to help a person when I don't know what I'm doing (sorry, I am not a paramedic) can get me sued.

aGameOfThrones
01-15-2011, 08:44 PM
I'll call 911 and that's about it...calling 911 won't get me sued...attempting to help a person when I don't know what I'm doing (sorry, I am not a paramedic) can get me sued.

You might get someone killed!

qh4dotcom
01-15-2011, 08:47 PM
You might get someone killed!

True but 99.99% of calls to 911 don't end up with an innocent person getting killed...odds are good that I am doing the right thing.

jtstellar
01-18-2011, 08:20 AM
SAY that he did shoot a wrong person and caused a mass shoot-out

it makes the news and if the society deems it serious enough, it gets spread around and talked about for months and months

people become gradually more aware of the needs for extra caution when exercising civilian gun rights for self defense especially when it is done in defense of others

one incident isn't enough to raise awareness? take 2, 3, 10, 100

eventually, gun owners become more responsible over 10 years of time, and they will teach this to their kids since a very young age

perfect libertarian society and natural selection of habits. people need to learn to adapt, laws banning stuff won't solve anything

stupid will always do what stupid does.. unless they learn

qh4dotcom
01-18-2011, 11:58 AM
SAY that he did shoot a wrong person and caused a mass shoot-out

it makes the news and if the society deems it serious enough, it gets spread around and talked about for months and months

people become gradually more aware of the needs for extra caution when exercising civilian gun rights for self defense especially when it is done in defense of others

one incident isn't enough to raise awareness? take 2, 3, 10, 100

eventually, gun owners become more responsible over 10 years of time, and they will teach this to their kids since a very young age

perfect libertarian society and natural selection of habits. people need to learn to adapt, laws banning stuff won't solve anything

stupid will always do what stupid does.. unless they learn

So tell me why it is so necessary that hundreds of people need to be accidentally shot and killed for gun owners to become more responsible and less trigger happy.

coastie
01-18-2011, 03:31 PM
So tell me why it is so necessary that hundreds of people need to be accidentally shot and killed for gun owners to become more responsible and less trigger happy.

:( Damn. I guess you've been right all along.

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdguse.html

So there you have it. There are, in fact, between 1.5 MILLION and 2.5 MILLION "trigger happy" , Americans out there, OMFG:eek:.

And there's "hundreds of people" that are "accidentally shot and killed" caused by their actions, err, wait........

:rolleyes:

jtstellar
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM

why was it necessary for medicine to develop only over thousands of years of human civilization and mostly only during the past few hundred years.. how many people died innocently? someone should be held responsible for this

riiight, human habits in handling firearms, just like handling morality and the rule of law and the concept of freedom, are all different from medicine. it didn't take the "habit" of freedom and representative republic and/or democracy to develop over several centuries with much bloodshed until it was adopted as the default system. no. it just all sprang into being. riiiiiiight