PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Project Idea - Promote Murphy-Krugman Debate

ronpaulhawaii
01-13-2011, 05:17 PM
I've been mulling what we can do this year, (apart from just attending), that will further our message and help build our credibility. Last year we had table space with OathKeepers that had Grassroots Brochures and we gave away over 4000 "For Liberty" DVD's (Thanks to the generosity of llepard, and OK). That worked out great and we definitely turned some heads...

I just had a thought, :eek: and want to see what others think.

Bob Murphy started a great project to get Krugman into a debate. His CfL post about it is here (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=1176). The challenge was set for a $100,000 threshold, yet seems to have stalled around $60,000 (http://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/campaign-0-1240). I'm thinking this might be a perfect vehicle for us to promote.

1 - It would show us pro-actively promoting our ideas.
2 - It has a humorous angle that will be endearing
3 - There is a slight chance our efforts could actually reinvigorate the campaign and be instrumental in a successful conclusion

What do you guys think?

Kotin
01-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Sounds good to me..

trey4sports
01-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Krugman will never accept

ronpaulhawaii
01-13-2011, 07:32 PM

I think that is secondary. Did we really think we were going to get a full audit while promoting 1207 at CPAC? I didn't, but know that we turned a lot of heads and won quite a bit of support.

And perhaps a greater value will be from Krugman not debating, giving us the ability to endlessly hammer on his cowardice...

Regardless, the flier we can create, and hand-out, will be educational to attendees who know little of the difference between Austrian and Keynesian economics...

FSP-Rebel
01-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Is YAL getting people to da pac like before?

ronpaulhawaii
01-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Is YAL getting people to da pac like before?

YAL members are ;)

I'm wondering how that question applies to the OP?

ronpaulhawaii
01-15-2011, 12:33 PM
bump

rp08orbust
01-15-2011, 12:52 PM
This sounds like a great idea to me.

ronpaulhawaii
01-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Title changed to see if that helps gain some traction.

TheDriver
01-15-2011, 02:15 PM

Even if he did, no one would watch. And, IMO, those who do watch will already be on one side or the other. In other words, the debate is about as sexy as Richard Simmons in tights (for the general public).

muzzled dogg
01-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Even if he did, no one would watch. And, IMO, those who do watch will already be on one side or the other.

tru

ronpaulhawaii
01-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Even if he did, no one would watch. And, IMO, those who do watch will already be on one side or the other. In other words, the debate is about as sexy as Richard Simmons in tights (for the general public).

About as sexy as an audit?

TheDriver
01-15-2011, 05:33 PM
About as sexy as an audit?

There you go, push the Audit Bill.

ronpaulhawaii
01-16-2011, 12:31 PM
There you go, push the Audit Bill.

Already done.

sailingaway
01-16-2011, 12:46 PM

I kind of agree. People SHOULD be interested, but if they are, they are already ours. I don't know that this is an eyecatcher for CPAC.

ronpaulhawaii
01-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Well, when we first promoted 1207 during CPAC, on the day RP introduced it, I was very surprised at the positive response we got from the typical CPAC attendees...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phycKY95UHo

Of course, I'm also open to more activism projects. I just don't see anyone proposing anything... I hit on this when I remembered the positive response we got for 1207 and knowing that this crowd is wealthy enough to help Murphy's project. Further, this issue is pretty much non-controversial for the crowd and will show us promoting things we all can agree with. Finally, while many attendees will be supportive of exposing the fed, most will not have basic knowledge of talking points to bring home. The flier we could create to promote this would include such talking points...

It seems a win win to me

Thane Eichenauer
01-22-2011, 12:44 AM

Justin Bieber and Ron Paul both say "Never say never".

Thane Eichenauer
01-22-2011, 12:49 AM
http://KrugmanDebate.com is up to $60,520

AdamT
01-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Whatever can be done to help push the debate is all good. Krugman is the poster child of Keynesian econ, and needs to be publicly humiliated - which would definitely make news one way or another. Murphy would absolutely wipe the floor with Krugman. It's a brilliant move to offer all the money to charity. If the pot gets big enough, Krugman looks like an ass if he doesn't participate. Still, the pot would have to be pretty large where he would be like, "ok let's do it", since he knows he would get destroyed. And he can't have that. Goal: build the pot.

ronpaulhawaii
01-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Need to start working on a flier...

Bold headline idea

Help Shame a Liberal Mouthpiece

?