PDA

View Full Version : State of the Union...

Philhelm
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
I am thinking that it would be good to list all of the perils facing the U.S., tying all the threads together, in order to paint a picture of the current State of the Union. While the things listed are no secret to the people here, I thought it would be a good reminder to what we face. So, I'll begin:

1. The executive branch can extra-judicially assassinate U.S. citizens.
2. Some U.S. citizens can be tracked via GPS without a warrant.
3. Some U.S. citizens can have their cellphones searched without a warrant.
4. Non-U.S. citizens can be accused of treason (Assange).
5. Police are becoming increasingly militarized in the use of weapons and tactics.
6. No-knock raids are conducted against citizens who have not committed a violent crime.
7. U.S. citizens can never truly own real property, as it will be taxed.
8. U.S. citizens have had property secured in a safe deposit box taken by state governments.
9. The U.S. has been at a constant guns and butter war footing since WWII.
10. Through the Fed and fractional reserve banking, the American people have had their wealth plundered.
11. For the first time in American history, banks own more property than U.S. citizens.
12. The U.S. can go to war without a proper declaration from Congress.
13. The U.S. directly, or indirectly, has people tortured.
14. The U.S. has been involved in toppling governments overseas for decades.
15. The TSA can irridiate and grope U.S. citizens.
16. Resisting arrest can be a lone charge against a U.S. citizen.
17. Peaceful protests are sometimes met with physical force.
18. Through checkpoints, law enforcement can check U.S. citizens without just cause.
19. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, despite the fact that no legal scholar could remember them all. Furthermore, laws are arbitrarily enforced.
20. The IRS can make judgment on citizens, in violation of the 5th Amendment.
21. Police can unjustly kill or injure citizens, yet still retain a likely probability of not being fired or arrested.
22. Police can execute a man on camera, and only get 2 years of imprisonment.
23. The right for a citizen to defend one's life or property is compromised by state laws.
24. Having a shotgun with a barrel length that is too short can result in the execution of your family; it's okay for the IRS to have such weapons though.

Your turn!

puppetmaster
01-13-2011, 01:15 PM
I am thinking that it would be good to list all of the perils facing the U.S., tying all the threads together, in order to paint a picture of the current State of the Union. While the things listed are no secret to the people here, I thought it would be a good reminder to what we face. So, I'll begin:

2. Some U.S. citizens can be tracked via GPS without a warrant.
3. Some U.S. citizens can have their cellphones searched without a warrant.
4. Non-U.S. citizens can be accused of treason (Assange).
5. Police are becoming increasingly militarized in the use of weapons and tactics.
6. No-knock raids are conducted against citizens who have not committed a violent crime.
7. U.S. citizens can never truly own real property, as it will be taxed.
8. U.S. citizens have had property secured in a safe deposit box taken by state governments.
9. The U.S. has been at a constant guns and butter war footing since WWII.
10. Through the Fed and fractional reserve banking, the American people have had their wealth plundered.
11. For the first time in American history, banks own more property than U.S. citizens.
12. The U.S. can go to war without a proper declaration from Congress.
13. The U.S. directly, or indirectly, has people tortured.
14. The U.S. has been involved in toppling governments overseas for decades.
15. The TSA can irridiate and grope U.S. citizens.
16. Resisting arrest can be a lone charge against a U.S. citizen.
17. Peaceful protests are sometimes met with physical force.
18. Through checkpoints, law enforcement can check U.S. citizens without just cause.
19. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, despite the fact that no legal scholar could remember them all. Furthermore, laws are arbitrarily enforced.
20. The IRS can make judgment on citizens, in violation of the 5th Amendment.
21. Police can unjustly kill or injure citizens, yet still retain a likely probability of not being fired or arrested.
22. Police can execute a man on camera, and only get 2 years of imprisonment.
23. The right for a citizen to defend one's life or property is compromised by state laws.
24. Having a shotgun with a barrel length that is too short can result in the execution of your family; it's okay for the IRS to have such weapons though.

Your turn!

it's sad isn't it.....

Philhelm
01-13-2011, 01:52 PM
it's sad isn't it.....

And yet, I barely scratched the surface. :(

sevin
01-13-2011, 03:59 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHKA6bb8x7uElS_aIsuljFkuazWhMcv-lkIuD9Z2aXHscrtyeX

Anti Federalist needs to get in this thread, get pissed off, and start ranting! I need some motivation.

Philhelm
01-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Bump because the list is incomplete.

Michael Landon
01-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Let us not forget:

In most states in order to exercise your right to bear arms you must first pay to take a firearms class, then pay a fee to receive a permit that grants you the privilege to carry. By not having this permit you will be arrested.

Also, in a lot of places, in order to exercise your right to freedom of assembly, you will need to get and pay for a permit to allow you to assemble peacefully or you risk being arrested for public disturbance.

- ML

jth_ttu
01-13-2011, 10:54 PM

Got a link? I really dont know much about this

Philhelm
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/world/middleeast/07yemen.html

You can find other sources, of course. There is also a YouTube clip in which Ron Paul speaks out against the assassination of U.S. citizens, despite what they are suspected of doing or may actually be doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_7W0U_BuVU

oyarde
01-14-2011, 07:26 PM

I do not have a link , but the pres would not think twice about whacking you with a drone if your in Pakistan and a suspected combatant even if you are a citizen . Take my word for that .

oyarde
01-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Let us not forget:

In most states in order to exercise your right to bear arms you must first pay to take a firearms class, then pay a fee to receive a permit that grants you the privilege to carry. By not having this permit you will be arrested.

Also, in a lot of places, in order to exercise your right to freedom of assembly, you will need to get and pay for a permit to allow you to assemble peacefully or you risk being arrested for public disturbance.

- ML

Yeah paying for a gun permit is EXTREME bs !

oyarde
01-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Let us not forget:

- ML

The only way I can see justification of a small fee to assemble is if you do not police up litter ....